Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Events > Archived Events > theStudio Birthday Bash 2012 > Layout Artist Competition 2012

Layout Artist Competition 2012 We are kicking this off Saturday September 1, 2012

Old 08-09-2012, 08:29 AM
theStudio Designer

Default General Rules and Information

General Information

Note: You must have at least 5 posts in the forum to post a layout in our gallery.

We will be following the same schedule as the Next Designer Competition:

Round 1: Starts September 1, 6:00 am Ends September 5, 24:00 pm
Round 2: Starts September 8, 6:00 am Ends September 12, 24:00 pm
Round 3: Starts September 15, 6:00 am Ends September 19, 24:00 pm
Round 4: Starts September 22, 6:00 am Ends September 27, 24:00 pm

Prizes:

The top 3 layout artists, as decided by elimination each week and a final vote by theStudio staff will be offered a spot on theStudio store Creative Team.

Requirements for this team are as follows:

Actively participate by completing LOs. Control over which kits you'd like to work with. 2 LOs per product downloaded.

Additional Prizes will be announced soon!

Rules:

* Use as much as the kit as you can to promote it beautifully, while keeping your page your own.

* Pay attention to shadows, balance and make sure your layout is eye-catching

* Layouts should be re-sized to 600x600 pixels, 72ppi and no more than 120K before uploading to the gallery.

* Once you have uploaded your official entry, you are not to edit it in any way.

* NO use of templates, sketches, word art, elements or tools that are not included in the provided download. Use of fonts and tools that came with your software are OK.

* Use your own photos, no stock photos allowed.

* You can do as many layouts as you want with the kit, but please submit only ONE to the contest gallery to be voted on.

* We will be checking time-stamps. Late entries will not be counted. theStudio runs on EST and a clock is posted in the forum for you to check.

* There will be a second chance contest for eliminated contestants. Details for this will be posted

Fine Print:

* You may NOT offer freebies or incentives for votes.

* You may blog about the competition, and let people know you are participating but you may NOT directly link to your layout for votes.

* You MAY put a "Please Vote for Me" in your signature - it can be linked to the Contest gallery, but not to your specific layout.

* Each week's assignment will list the appropriate credits for the products you are using. Proper credits are required.

* This is an elimination-style contest. Every week approximately half of you will be eliminated. I will look for a fair break in the votes, and total numbers will be determined by how many layouts are submitted each week.

* Rules and information for the second-chance contest will be posted on September 8 with the week 2 Assignment.

Thanks for looking! Find more Nibbles Skribbles:

Old 09-02-2012, 07:32 AM
theStudio Scribbler

Default Re: General Rules and Information

This is the first time I have participated in a contest like this, and I know a lot of wonderful artists will be competing, so I am looking forward to been pushed outside my usual comfort zone. I have gone to the store and purchased the kit, but as yet, it has not let me download it, It is usually only a few minutes before I can download, but I am not sure if it has got a bit of a problem confirming payment when it is free?
Joan
Old 09-02-2012, 10:13 PM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanna View Post
This is the first time I have participated in a contest like this, and I know a lot of wonderful artists will be competing, so I am looking forward to been pushed outside my usual comfort zone. I have gone to the store and purchased the kit, but as yet, it has not let me download it, It is usually only a few minutes before I can download, but I am not sure if it has got a bit of a problem confirming payment when it is free?
Joan
The store has decided to play games - of ALL times right? - so if you haven't received your kit yet Joan please post in the other thread and the admins will be on it asap!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:03 PM
theStudio Scribbler

I have just joined the forum, read the posts, purchased the Kit and am now hoping you'll say i can join this challenge. If not at least I have a cute kit to play with (and a few others lol)
Old 09-04-2012, 06:10 AM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirstyb View Post
I have just joined the forum, read the posts, purchased the Kit and am now hoping you'll say i can join this challenge. If not at least I have a cute kit to play with (and a few others lol)
YES YES YES! Just get your layout in on time (Sept 5 by Midnight EST) - so tomorrow night at midnight!

Old 09-04-2012, 02:19 PM
theStudio Warhol

I was wondering how the voting goes? I don't know anyone really to ask to vote for me anyways, lol.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:44 AM
theStudio Designer

There will be a poll posted here in the forum, tomorrow morning, with all of the layouts. The designers, admins, forum members etc. will all vote, and you can tell people to come vote, but you may not bribe for votes!

Old 09-05-2012, 06:54 AM
theStudio Artist

Ok it's been a long while since I've done anything like this and the silly thing is..if I understand it right, we are to get a FREE kit to do this contest with.. I can't seem to locate the Free kit. Help Please !! *LOL*

OK NEVER mind.. I just seen that I am TOO LATE to play.. *LOL* maybe next time..
Old 09-05-2012, 09:34 AM
theStudio Designer

Hey blue, just PM'd you