Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Tutorials

theStudio Tutorials September 2010: A brandnew forum for tutorials. There will be a weekly new tutorial from theStudio Design Team but you are welcome to post your own.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:52 AM
theStudio Warhol

Default Help With FB Timelines

Can anyone help me create a timeline template, please? I believe the size for web is roughly 851 pixels by 315 pixels. However, it's impossible to scrap in that size. Before I flatten and reduce the image size, what canvas size should I begin with? Thank you SO much!

Old 05-27-2014, 11:49 AM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: Help With FB Timelines

My FB templates start at 12 X 4.447 and 300ppi. It is important to have it at 300ppi when you are making it because all of the kit pieces are made at 300ppi. Some people change the size before they flatten it, but I do not. When you flatten it it becomes smaller, but the reason to flatten it is so the shadows do not become huge when it is posted to the web. Then I Save for the Web File>Save for the Web to make it smaller in a jpg format. I'm sure there are many ways to do this, but this is how I do it.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:55 PM
theStudio Designer

Location: Livermore, California -- home of the famous light bulb

What Sue has explained is basically the way I do it. It's easier to created it at full-size and then reduce it to Facebook size once you're done. I'm not on my computer right now, but I'll try to remember to post the proportions I use to create my timeline headers tomorrow.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:29 AM
theStudio Warhol

Thanks Sue and Jill!! This should help greatly! I was struggling with the full size proportions.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:05 PM
theStudio Designer

Location: Livermore, California -- home of the famous light bulb

I am SO sorry ... I had a note about facebook dimensions, but it didn't tell me where to reply (must have been a bad day).

I found this on facebook -- https://www.facebook.com/PagesSizesDimensions

However, I do know they've recently made some changes, mainly to the Fan Pages (I barely get by on facebook, so bear with me). This link recently made the rounds, so hopefully it's the most up to date -- http://www.insidefacebook.com/2014/0...ge-dimensions/

Hope this helps ... but keep in mind ... once you figure it out, facebook will once again change ... LOL!!!
Old 05-30-2014, 05:18 AM
theStudio Warhol

You or so right about facebook changing, Jill! Thanks for the link. I'll have a bit of time to work on it over the weekend. Will let you know how it goes!