Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Events > Archived Events > theStudio Birthday Bash 2012 > Next Designer Contest 2012

Next Designer Contest 2012
Official Studio Time
Round 1: Starts September 1, 6:00 am Ends September 5, 23:59 pm
Round 2: Starts September 8, 6:00 am Ends September 12, 23:59 pm
Round 3: Starts September 15, 6:00 am Ends September 19, 23:59 pm
Round 4: Starts September 22, 6:00 am Ends September 27, 23:59 pm

Old 09-20-2012, 08:44 AM
theStudio Warhol

Default Chat Thread: Week 3 (while we're waiting.....)

Has everyone recovered from the Round 3 Challenge? 2 days to breathe and watch the clock....kind of like watching grass grow!

The kits are all amazing.....best of luck to everyone!
Old 09-20-2012, 10:26 AM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: Chat Thread: Week 3 (while we're waiting.....)

I am sooo tired today!
I can not believe I worked the hole night long. As I went to bed the sun starts shining

Only after I finished my kit and posted it, I read about Toiny´s words, we SHOULD use the cu grab bag.
I hardly tried NOT to use it ( only 3 pieces ) but really make my own items.

Now I will walk through the gallery to take a closer look to all your beautiful kits.
I am so happy I am not in the jury!
My heart would be broken if I must throw out anybody.
You all did a great job and I am so exited to see, what different kind of kits and themes come out with the topic "moon".
Old 09-20-2012, 11:36 AM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoush View Post
I am sooo tired today!
I can not believe I worked the hole night long. As I went to bed the sun starts shining

Only after I finished my kit and posted it, I read about Toiny´s words, we SHOULD use the cu grab bag.
I hardly tried NOT to use it ( only 3 pieces ) but really make my own items.

Now I will walk through the gallery to take a closer look to all your beautiful kits.
I am so happy I am not in the jury!
My heart would be broken if I must throw out anybody.
You all did a great job and I am so exited to see, what different kind of kits and themes come out with the topic "moon".
You DID use it I didn't use all of the bag either, just what matched my theme in any way *g*
I went through the gallery and thought that I would CRY if I had to eliminate 7. I think I would close my eyes and blindly pick *rofl* Really, really, really hard to decide that. Each kit has something very special in it to love to.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:50 AM
theStudio Warhol

Ahhhh...the throw the dart method!I

I used a fair number of things from the grab bag but I kind of took them apart and remade them into something else.....that's what made this so challenging! I used alot of the overlays, mixed with some of my own, using different blend modes and different rotations....I was SO glad when I was finished!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:59 AM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by createdbyjill View Post
Ahhhh...the throw the dart method!I

I used a fair number of things from the grab bag but I kind of took them apart and remade them into something else.....that's what made this so challenging! I used alot of the overlays, mixed with some of my own, using different blend modes and different rotations....I was SO glad when I was finished!
Yep, I think that's it - creative use of what you've been given and you did that very well
Old 09-20-2012, 12:02 PM
theStudio Designer

This has to be the hardest round yet. { which is the point huh.... } I downloaded all of the kits and used my digital fine tooth comb to go through them. Can we say impressive?!?! Over all everyone has done such an amazing job - I hope you gals are proud, you should be!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:04 PM
theStudio Designer

Oh and I think Toiny and her team DON'T use the "throw the dart" method - I think they have a sheet with a list of points they have to consider... like following the rules, look of preview, use of the bag, own creativity, quality and so on to make it all as fair as possible - which doesn't make it easier.

Gosh, I need to concentrate on anything else while I wait... maybe make some new CU *rofl*
Old 09-20-2012, 12:34 PM
theStudio CT

I am so glad round 3 is over! I thought I would never make it thru! I see such wonderful kits here, all of you have such great talent!I am glad I don't have to vote, it is really hard! Well...biding my time to see what the results will be.. Good Luck everyone!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:22 PM
theStudio Warhol

Did you all see the fabulous kits in the 2nd chance round for this week?? They're amazing!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:33 PM
theStudio Admin Team Member

Location: Livermore, California -- home of the famous light bulb

I looked ... I commented ... I fidgeted ... I made a cluster freebie (hopefully the download file is ok this time) ... I even did a layout (wish I had done this before I uploaded my kit). I'm supposed to be getting ready for my daughter's birthday party bbq on Saturday (just family and close friends --- around 20 people --- I can't believe I agreed to it) and all I can think about is what I messed up on in my kit. Tomorrow it's clean, cook, garden (my yard is a bigger disaster than my house), and pray that the family can understand my newest obsession (especially my daughter ... at least I didn't forget her birthday this year).
Old 09-21-2012, 02:47 AM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilbert View Post
I looked ... I commented ... I fidgeted ... I made a cluster freebie (hopefully the download file is ok this time) ... I even did a layout (wish I had done this before I uploaded my kit). I'm supposed to be getting ready for my daughter's birthday party bbq on Saturday (just family and close friends --- around 20 people --- I can't believe I agreed to it) and all I can think about is what I messed up on in my kit. Tomorrow it's clean, cook, garden (my yard is a bigger disaster than my house), and pray that the family can understand my newest obsession (especially my daughter ... at least I didn't forget her birthday this year).
Sounds like much fun!
Did you forget it last year??? *lol*
Old 09-21-2012, 02:49 AM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Did you all see the fabulous kits in the 2nd chance round for this week?? They're amazing!
Yes, they are!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:24 AM
theStudio Warhol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilbert View Post
This waiting part is the hardest! That's for sure.

Gee...this time tomorrow we'll know! 23 1/2 more hours..(I hear the Jeopardy theme song playing somewhere)
Old 09-21-2012, 05:25 AM
theStudio Artist

Jill, I hope you have a great time at your daughters birthday! I'm sure your family will understand your distraction!

Yes Jill, I also saw the amazing work in the 2nd chance gallery! There is definitely a lot of creative greatness going on around here!

Old 09-21-2012, 05:26 AM
theStudio Artist

Quote:
This waiting part is the hardest! That's for sure.

Gee...this time tomorrow we'll know! 23 1/2 more hours..(I hear the Jeopardy theme song playing somewhere)
lol!

Old 09-21-2012, 11:51 AM
theStudio Warhol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilbs View Post
Jill, I hope you have a great time at your daughters birthday! I'm sure your family will understand your distraction!

Yes Jill, I also saw the amazing work in the 2nd chance gallery! There is definitely a lot of creative greatness going on around here!
Tough having 2 Jills in one thread! LOL
Old 09-21-2012, 12:40 PM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Yes yes, don't mess me up, right now I still know who is who, but don't count on that the next hours... *getting nervous*
Hubby already asks every 2 seconds "when will you know??" just to get on my nerves and make me even more nervous
Old 09-21-2012, 06:43 PM
theStudio Artist

Quote:
LOL! yes it is! For me Jill's forum name, jilbert, throws me because it's my surname! lol - (Jilbs - being a nick name I once had when I was first married! lol) . I have been called "Jill" on the odd occasion too as people have thought my name was Jill B... lol!

Happy Saturday everyone! Looks like a lovely day (finally!) here in gorgeous Gippsland (Australia!)

Old 09-21-2012, 07:11 PM
theStudio Warhol

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu79 View Post
Yes yes, don't mess me up, right now I still know who is who, but don't count on that the next hours... *getting nervous*
Hubby already asks every 2 seconds "when will you know??" just to get on my nerves and make me even more nervous
I love your husband's sense of humor! LOL
Old 09-21-2012, 08:25 PM
theStudio CT

I hate waiting...waiting...waiting LOL Good Luck Everybody! These are some Rockin' kits going round in here!!!!