Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Events > Archived Events > theStudio Birthday Bash 2012 > Next Designer Contest 2012

Next Designer Contest 2012
Official Studio Time
Round 1: Starts September 1, 6:00 am Ends September 5, 23:59 pm
Round 2: Starts September 8, 6:00 am Ends September 12, 23:59 pm
Round 3: Starts September 15, 6:00 am Ends September 19, 23:59 pm
Round 4: Starts September 22, 6:00 am Ends September 27, 23:59 pm

Old 09-22-2012, 04:21 PM
theStudio Artist

Smile Chat Thread: Round 4 Relaxation Lounge

Being that this is the last and final round....I thought I'd make this little room now!

Just a little place to come chill throughout the creative process.

We have a fully stocked lounge with snacks and libations...so after your eyes start crossing and your brain starts hurting....and your wrist starts cramping pop in and say hello!

Just know you have a place to de-stress for the next 5 days....(and to stress for the "waiting game")

Sending hugs and mojo to my fellow designers!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 05:47 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: Chat Thread: Round 4 Relaxation Lounge

Love that - Relaxation Lounge *lol*
I hope you don't mind I took the comfy chair in the right corner and work there
Sending hugs, too
Old 09-22-2012, 08:25 PM
theStudio Artist

I'm right there next to you....kitchen and bar are open 24 hours.....get anyone anything?
Old 09-23-2012, 07:28 AM
theStudio Designer

no alcohol for me, thanks... but a latte macchiato would be wonderful
I dunno if anybody is the same like me, but when I design my mouse hand is like an ice cube - always need some hot drinks to warm me up *lol*
Old 09-23-2012, 11:01 AM
theStudio Artist

Great idea I am just to tired now to get working, I think I am gonna wait until tomorrow to get started

Old 09-24-2012, 07:37 AM
theStudio Artist

#"#Ī%##/()?`)=?/)%/Ī#"#"

I HATE what I have made so fare I like the colors, and papers but my elements wonīt come out right. I have deleted half my elements twice and I still canīt get it to work

Old 09-24-2012, 09:02 AM
theStudio Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne79 View Post
#"#Ī%##/()?`)=?/)%/Ī#"#"

I HATE what I have made so fare I like the colors, and papers but my elements wonīt come out right. I have deleted half my elements twice and I still canīt get it to work
I hear you....I spent all day Saturday thinking we had to choose from the 3 palettes we already used and created a dozen new palettes....then re-read it and saw we could choose ANY picture.....had to start ALL over again!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:06 PM
theStudio Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by createdbyjill View Post
I hear you....I spent all day Saturday thinking we had to choose from the 3 palettes we already used and created a dozen new palettes....then re-read it and saw we could choose ANY picture.....had to start ALL over again!!!
LOL! I hate when I misread a message - and it happens A LOT, since English isnīt my first language, and some times I just donīt understand what it says That really messes with my head

Old 09-26-2012, 07:59 PM
theStudio CT

Can I take a nap? LOL Whew! This has been alot of work, but I am almost done, still tweaking the remainders.. Will zip and upload tomorrow after work! What a round! Hugs to all and Good Luck!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:10 AM
theStudio Artist

I'm with you! I've spent about 6 hours on this kit every day....FINALLY uploading the zips now! Happy hour starts tonight!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:16 AM
theStudio Artist

Let the waiting begin.....in less then 24 hours the winner will be revealed!

My hat's off to the judges yet again!

tick tick tick tick

Coffee anyone?
Old 09-28-2012, 07:15 AM
theStudio Artist

I've gotta get back to my cleaning...you know, 4 days of 7 people with no deep cleaning (like vacuuming), only picking up can get kind of gross...and then we're going ot my parents' house for the weekend, so I have to pack too. So I guess my 24 hour wait might go by quickly.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:31 AM
theStudio Artist

Hey ladys, what a nice lounge here.
I come now to you and will take place on a cozy couch, put my feet up. aaaaah...!
We all deserve a rest. You all did fabulous work!
Here I put some chocolate on the table for you. (yes, I am a choco-holic, anyone else?)

I never designed so excessive before and hope never have to do this again. My home looks like a battle field and today I am not willing to do anything - today I need a rest here in the lounge.

Susann wrote about the difficultes with the english language. For me it is also hard to read and understand. Some things I never understand, even if Google translatet. *grin*

For that I have a question for native English speakers:
I know that the moon is neutral and I should say "it".
Though for my kit I made a word art and there I personify the moon and used the pronoun "he".
For me itīs "poetry freedom" to call the moon "he".
Did I do right? Is it okay in this way?

I am sure sometimes the customers smile about my bumpy English, he he he...

@Manu: As I worked with mouse I had also an iced hand. Since a few years I have to work with touch pad of a notebook and the notebook is quite hot and so I always have sweaty hands now....
Nothingīs perfect *rolleyes*

So now I will close my eyes for a while... *snoring*
Old 09-28-2012, 08:58 AM
theStudio Artist

While in English there is no masculine/feminine nouns, I think most of us think of things that way sometimes. Like my husband's motorcycle is a girl. Aren't all cars generally girls? And the moon could be masculine because we talk about the man in the moon. So I think it's perfectly fine what you did.

I did some perusing through the shop to see if that might give any sort of indication as to who might win. (My thinking was I wonder who would fit best here) and I was amazed at how different all the different styles of designs they have here. I was kind of thinking that there might be an inclination towards one designer just based on preference of sales. So, I think we'd all fit in just fine. Of course, now I'm avoiding the cleaning, and I really shouldn't, but I just can't help myself.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:44 AM
theStudio Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktkadoo View Post
I was amazed at how different all the different styles of designs they have here.
Yes, thatīs a point I very like in this store.
Because I love to scrap both - in paper style and in voluminous style ( I donīt know if the description of both styles is right, but you know, what I mean) - the mix of kit styles here in the shop is great.

Thank you for your answer about the moon.
So I am relieved now that I have not made a big mistake
Old 09-28-2012, 12:50 PM
theStudio Artist

For the first time I took a closer look now to what a Silhouette Cameo can do. There are some nice introduction videos on Youtube.
What a great machine! I am so exited! My crafters heart beats faster and a lot of ideas run to my head
So far I have not been thinking about it.
The winner of the contest can really be happy.

Hey Jill, I need a bit of movement after all the time sitting with my notebook, wouldnīt you like to make a Zumba course with us here in the lounge??
Old 09-28-2012, 01:15 PM
theStudio Artist

Minoush....first...is that your real name? (just curious!) I already taught my Zumba class this morning....where were you??? Aside from designing that is my "happy place". this past August I was lucky enough to attend the Zumba Instructors convention in Orlando....almost 8000 instructors from all over the world in 1 place! It was amazing! If you go to my Facebook personal page https://www.facebook.com/jill.walls.10 my header has a collage of pictures of my new "family" It was the best 6 days I've had in eons!!!

I teach 4 classes a week in this awesome black-lit room so everybody "glows" in the dark if they wear neon or white....it's truly like a girl's night out in my 2 evening classes. I have a few ladies that have lost 30 pounds since they started! I just started a class after school at the high school for the faculty every Wednesday..they love it! There must be classes near you! They're all over the world!! Where are you located??

You all are right about the styles in the shop...I went looking as well....I'm very excited to see who gets chosen! Would it be great if we could all join?? What's another 7 designers, eh Toiny???

I won't even begin to tell you what needs to be done around my house! I still have a blog train kit I need to finish up and a collab preview to make for a store.....it never seems to end.

Pass the chocolates please! *grin*
Old 09-28-2012, 05:05 PM
theStudio Designer

OOOOOH, chocolate sounds wonderful!! I already beging to chew my nails *lol* Good that I have to go to bed now. Tomorrow I will have to work and will find out who won when I come home.
Yes, Toiny... is there really only one spot available? *lol*
Old 09-28-2012, 08:53 PM
theStudio Artist

ok my fellow lounge lizards....I'm done for the night! will see you all in the morning for the big reveal! good luck to all!!!

{group hug}
Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 PM
theStudio CT

Good Luck to everyone! Beautiful kits in the gallery and I am so lucky to be playing in this final round Hugs and goodnight!