Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself! New to theStudio? Or been here a while but you've been lurking? Stop here and introduce yourself! Tell us how you got started in digiscraping or what you love about digiscraping - just anything you'd like to say! We'd love to welcome you to our community! Make sure to start a new thread so you don't get lost in a thread that is already there!! ;>)

Old 10-22-2012, 11:47 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Hello from Utah

Hi, thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself. I grew up in east Texas.
I live with my husband and children in Utah. My daughter is 12, sons are 11 & 9.
I love digital scrapbooking! It's so wonderful to be able to manipulate everything on a pg from the font, to the paper, to all the elements. I love that I can take an element and make it big or small, or anything I want! It's so great! Also, I live in a small town, there just isn't much in the way of selection of regular scrapbooking supplies. Plus for what you put into it you get more with digital scrap booking-you can use the supplies over & over again. Plus I can keep digital back ups of every pg in case an album ever gets destroyed.
Actually I could go on & on about how wonderful digiscrapping is :-)

Here's a link to my gallery so you can see some of what I've been working on:
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...25-ccpat6.html
Old 10-23-2012, 07:08 AM
theStudio CT

Default Re: Hello from Utah

Welcome! Fabulous gallery...you have a talent! We all love it here and you will too! Looking forward to more of your pages!

Old 10-23-2012, 07:55 AM
theStudio Designer

Welcome! Thanks for posting a link to your gallery. What a delight to browse thru it! I especially LOVE the "Mad Face" page! I could swap out a photo of my son with yours so easily there! I would love to see you jump right into my Border Challenge, and you can find all of the challenges for the month listed here.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:48 AM
theStudio CT

Welcome to theStudio. I am originally from Utah, I moved away about 2 1/2 years ago.I have to agree with you about the benefits of digiscrapping. I hope you enjoy it here.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:46 PM
theStudio Owner

LOL! If I didn't already love digi-scrapping you would've sold me right there. I love your pages. You have great use of white space, something I love in a LO. Adorable kiddo's as well, that never hurts. Welcome to our site.

my email
Old 10-23-2012, 11:01 PM
theStudio Artist

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
Snickerdoodle I will have to go over and checkout that challenge.

I've been trying to finish up 2005-2007 in family photos.
Sometime I need to begin the daunting task of doing a memory album of both my mom & dad, but to do those I have photo boxes of pics to scan...eww....

For my mom's I need to make a trip to Texas to pic the brain of her only sister. There's so many pictures from when my mom was little that I just have no clue about who the people in the pictures are. My mom died from ****** cancer May 2005.

My dad I at least started going through the photo box of pics from when he was growing up when he was first diagnosed with pancreatic cancer-which was good because he lived about two months after the initial diagnosis. I went through all the pictures & stuck post it's on the back with the descriptions :-) He died July 2010.

So many memories to digiscrap! When I tackle those memory albums I want to make copies for their siblings. Has anyone ever used a service for scanning photos? (It seems like I never get a really good result from the photos I scan at home. I always end up having to tweak them in photo shop & with so many photos to scan the task seems very daunting) I've seen lots of places that do that, but I really feel nervous about the thought of mailing off precious photos.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:16 AM
theStudio Designer

Welcome to the Studio. We love enthusiastic scrappers - and you're definitely there. I couldn't agree with you more. What a great thing you're doing - scrapping your family and to pass it along for all to see! I'm so sorry to hear of your parents passing. My parents passed when I was a young girl, my Mom of cancer as well. This is what really got me scrapping too - I did little photo albums for a lot of my family members.

I see you've already been cited with a GSO and I saw your LO in my LESS IS MORE Challenge - such a fabulous page. You have some real talent.

As far as outside scanning services - I'm not sure what's available in your area. Around here, it's generally a pretty expensive cost. I work with Photoshop at work (print shop), so for me I scan old photos and work on them in Photoshop too. It does keep the costs down. But maybe there is someone here that may be able to help you with more knowledge of scanning services. I think I'd be a little leary of sending photos out as well, especially if they're old ones. Good luck!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:32 PM
jusmedigital

welcome to the Studio. glad to have you here.