Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Archived Monthly Challenges > November 2012 Challenges

November 2012 Challenges Here you will find all our monthly challenges for November 2012. Try one, try two, try them all!

Old 11-05-2012, 10:01 AM
theStudio Designer

Default November - Surprise Me Border Challenge

Well, now that NSD activities are over (wasn't it a GREAT day at theStudio?)...it's time to unpack all those goodies you picked up and join in some of our challenges here! Thank you for making your way to my Border Challenge!

Sometimes when I create a layout, I want the photograph to be the only thing on the page, except perhaps for a date and/or very little text. Yet at the same time, I want some added interest. I have found that borders really come in handy when I find myself in this spot! However, sometimes a more traditional scrapbook page, featuring any number of photos, can be enhanced with the use of a border. These are the concepts that the Border Challenge is based upon. No matter what type of scrapbook page you create, to participate in the Surprise Me! Border Challenge you must .... well... create a border. Each month different challenges will be offered to you........ Here is what I have in mind for November:

Your Challenge this month is to create a "mirrored" border. That means the same border, on opposite sides of the page. So if you create a top border, I want to see the same border on the bottom of the page; if on the right side, also on the left side; if on the left side, also on the right side.

This sounds simple, but as I was thinking about it, I thought it might be a little challenging than I first thought. I will be waiting to see what you all come up with.

Here is a sample of what I mean: (Created by yorkiesmom)

Challenge Requirements:
1. Create a page layout which utilizes a Mirrored Border.
2. You may use any kit that you like. Please be sure to credit the designer.
3. Don't forget to post your layout in the Surprise Me Border Challenge Gallery.
4. Come back and post your preview and a link to your gallery image in this thread.

What do you earn by participating? Well, theStudio offers a 10% discount on ALL of your purchases for the following month. So, if you participate this month and get a layout posted (AND post a link here in this forum), you will receive 10% off every purchase made next month! No coupons are required. The discount will automatically be applied to your purchase. How easy is that? And YES, this is on top of any sales prices too.

I look forward to seeing your imagination at work!

Last edited by SnickerdoodleDesigns; 11-10-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:08 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: November - Surprise Me Border Challenge

Sounds like fun! I'll see what I can do.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:14 PM
theStudio Designer

Location: Livermore, California -- home of the famous light bulb

This is right up my engineering head's alley ... and what I've been trying not to do ... LOL!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:48 PM
theStudio CT

Here's mine again...

Old 11-05-2012, 01:43 PM
theStudio Designer

Location: Livermore, California -- home of the famous light bulb

Here's mine ... definitely showing "The Artist in Me" ... I've been waiting forever to use the kit and finally got my opportunity ... ;-)

Old 11-05-2012, 04:55 PM
theStudio Designer

Oh, it was so worth the wait (for us!), Jill. This is a gorgeous layout, a fantastic picture, and an awesome way to mirror those borders! Beautifully done!

Old 11-05-2012, 07:04 PM
theStudio Artist

Oh this was fun! I got this kit just for Sammi's bday pics! So glad I did now!
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...ke-a-wish.html
Old 11-05-2012, 11:40 PM
theStudio Monet

Thank you for the challenge, here is my LO

I used Star songs studio designs kit
Mountain Whisper

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...ges_-_md43.jpg
Old 11-06-2012, 09:14 AM
theStudio Artist

Smile Re: November - Surprise Me Border Challenge

Here is mine for the challenge:

Link in the picture, just click on it, to check it out in the gallery.

Collecter of: Carin Grobey Designs & Snicker Doodle Designs & Lyn Griffin Designs & Aimee Harrison Designs!!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:05 PM
theStudio CT

Love this kit - Artist in Me by Snickerdoodle Designs! Here's my link to the gallery.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:08 PM
theStudio CT

Like the idea of this one, love the layouts that have been done so far will see what I can do
Old 11-06-2012, 10:59 PM
theStudio Designer

Jodi, I agree. This is the perfect kit for this photo! There are so many colors in the photo, and the colorful kit just accents the fun going on here!!! The mirrored borders were a perfect venue to show off these cute elements!

mootscapper... This is gorgeous. The clusters frame the page and photo beautifully, and I feel like I am peeking in a window to see these sweet boys.

Cyndi! Don't you hate it when the little pups won't look at us when we pick up the camera? My dog does that ALL the time!!! I love the floral borders you created here. They really set the scene and make me forget i am looking at a page, bu feel like I am standing in a garden looking at my dog. Also, I love the sunflower turned upside down on your frame!

Beautiful, Pam! (Yes, I'm partial to the kit.. but still...!) I love the way you used the purple dot-bling around the bricks to "ground" the center of the cluster. Very creative border!

We will be waiting for you ceefl0wer!

Old 11-06-2012, 11:00 PM
theStudio Designer

Please don't forget to link to the Surprise Me Gallery!

Old 11-07-2012, 12:25 AM
theStudio Artist

Smile Re: November - Surprise Me Border Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnickerdoodleDesigns View Post

Cyndi! Don't you hate it when the little pups won't look at us when we pick up the camera? My dog does that ALL the time!!! I love the floral borders you created here. They really set the scene and make me forget i am looking at a page, bu feel like I am standing in a garden looking at my dog. Also, I love the sunflower turned upside down on your frame!
She poses as I desire, however has her moments. @ this particular moment, it was time to say bye to her buddy Shawn, my husband & she didn't want to miss out. So, @ that particular moment she wasn't interested in posing, she had better things on her mind then posing for the camera.

Her other moments are usually when she is too busy playing, or is distracted by a noise she hears.

I just thought I'd use the picture anyways, this time. It is when she moves that I do not use her pictures & it is when she folds her ears backwards to where people can not see them, that I do not use them.

My camera secretes for taking pictures of dogs:

1. If your dog knows who is boss & is obedient, it is easier to take pictures of them whenever you feel like it. You must take the position of the alpha dog, & the majority of the time, let them know who is boss. If your dog isn't accustomed to this, it may take awhile to change the way they do things.

2. Make the dog think the camera is normal &/or walk around with it & take pictures.

3. Once the above two things are accomplished, it is then easier to take pictures of your dog.

4Notesake: Once I took such an awesome picture of my dog, that the person developing my film, enlarged the picture of my dog & gave the picture to me for free as a bonus.

Collecter of: Carin Grobey Designs & Snicker Doodle Designs & Lyn Griffin Designs & Aimee Harrison Designs!!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:58 PM
theStudio CT

well this is mine using one of my photos taken at the well dressing and flower festival- the display The Farmers Tale is completely made from seeds and flower petals.- the kit used is Summers End by Studio 4 Designworks- one of my flash sales bargains,

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...-27s-tale.html
Old 11-07-2012, 09:49 PM
theStudio Warhol

HERE is mine, loved the challenge

Old 11-08-2012, 07:57 AM
theStudio Designer

Thanks, Cyndi, for your tips! It’s always nice to learn tips and tricks from others!

Ceefl0wer, what a neat photo. Because it is made of seed and flower petals, it reminds me of the floats in the Rose Parade here in the USA. Looking at the intricacy here just blows me away! Your border is perfect for it. It picks up the colors in the photo perfectly, and the flowers and berries are perfect, especially considering that the wall hanging is made of those things! Well done.

Tami, this is darling. I like how the flowers and buttons, and your placement of those elements are so playful – The style you have used goes perfectly with these fun photos! I also like how you made the center of the BG paper solid for your journal question! Nice!!!

Old 11-08-2012, 08:12 AM
theStudio Artist

Thank you for such a fun and. . .well, challenging for me. . . challenge.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:59 AM
theStudio Artist

Here is mine using Sporty sass by snickerdoodle Designs

see it HERE in the gallery

CT for Just so Scrappy
Old 11-08-2012, 11:56 PM
theStudio Warhol

I actually did 2 pages of the same picture (same kit) the first border was much busier ..well I guess the whole page was busier, lol. Wasn't sure which one to post...this one won out . Cute Kit it was fun to work with I'll be using this one some more, I love the colors.....it was your Imagination Station Kit.

Tags
borders, challenges, snickerdoodledesigns, surprise me