Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 11-12-2012, 07:31 PM
theStudio Scrapper

Default How to use CU

So this is probably a dumb question, but how do you use CU products? I noticed there aren't as many items in the CU packages. Do you combine the CU elements in order to make your own kits? Sorry for such a newbie question!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:46 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: How to use CU

Hi there! CU items are typically purchased by designers (but not always!). The CU license gives the purchaser the ability to create their own products / kits with those items and sell their own end product. For example, I might purchase a CU Ribbon that I could use in a kit that I sell. A PU item means that you, as the purchaser, may use that item for your personal use, but that you may not create anything to sell using that item. Does that make sense? Many scrappers like to purchase CU items and use them in their own personal work. Jen (who is on theStudio CT and also on my personal CT) just posted something on the blog about this today. You can read her article here: http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/blog/

Old 11-13-2012, 08:06 AM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: How to use CU

Often you will see things like templates in CU packaging, and this is because the templates are great for a scrapper to use for his or her layout, but CU on them usually means CT can use them for layouts or QPs for their teams and designers can use them for QPs to sell or give away!

Thanks for looking! Find more Nibbles Skribbles: