Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 04-21-2013, 05:50 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Can someone PLEASE Help me ?

Hi there..I am having trouble in my PSE8.. Does anyone know HOW to change your back ground paper? I don't like the first paper I picked and now it will NOT let me get rid of it. I thought there use to be a command to SET AS BACKGROUND but I sure can NOT find it.. I am trying to do a layout for the Featured Designer Challenge.. Help Please !! Thank you!! ;-)
Old 04-21-2013, 06:12 PM
theStudio CT

Default Re: Can someone PLEASE Help me ?

If you can't get rid of it, just click the "eye" for the background paper layer over in the layers palette and it will disappear. It will still be on the layout but you just can't see it. You can now put another paper there. If all you have is the background layer, use your "undo" arrow in the top right hand corner.
OK, I had to go pull up a PSD to remember what else to do. Go over to your layers palette and make the background paper active. RIGHT CLICK on this layer and then click DELETE LAYER. Hope this all helps.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:36 PM
theStudio Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyP View Post
If you can't get rid of it, just click the "eye" for the background paper layer over in the layers palette and it will disappear. It will still be on the layout but you just can't see it. You can now put another paper there. If all you have is the background layer, use your "undo" arrow in the top right hand corner.
OK, I had to go pull up a PSD to remember what else to do. Go over to your layers palette and make the background paper active. RIGHT CLICK on this layer and then click DELETE LAYER. Hope this all helps.
Thanks Nancy,
Nope, I don't just have the background layer. I was putting things together and decided I didn't like the background with my frames and photos . I did do the DELETE LAYER and after doing that I put in a new background paper BUT I also wanted to use the original paper somewhere else in the layout and the program will not let me drag that paper to my PSE8 and use it again. I don't get it. LOL I don't want to have to close it all out and completely start over but I might have to. ;-( Thanks again.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:42 PM
the Studio Admin Team Member

If the paper that you don't want is still in layout you should just be able to grab hold of that layer and drag it up to where you want it. I don't know about PSE, but in PS you can also hold the crtl key and use the bracket keys to take a layer up or down to where you want it.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:44 PM
the Studio Admin Team Member

I think I misunderstood what you were asking. If you want to use that same paper again on another layer crtl J will duplicate that paper onto another layer and then move it up to where you want it.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:16 PM
theStudio CT

Oh Robyn! Never thought of CTRL J !!! When I have used an element or paper and can't bring it back up again from the kit, I go back to the kit, copy and paste the paper or element and give it a new name. Now PSE will let me bring it into the workspace to use again. Kinda crazy, but thats the only way I knew how to do it.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:03 PM
theStudio Artist

Thank you ladies.. ;-) I just went ahead and deleted the entire page. I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks
Old 04-21-2013, 10:04 PM
theStudio CT

Oh no!!! Sorry you couldn't save it!! I know the feeling!!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:09 AM
theStudio Picasso

It sounds like you accidently used a background paper [one you opened] as the bottom layer instead of moving it onto a new blank layer. If there is no blank layer underneath, the program will not let you delete it. I hope that you did not end up overwriting that paper with other stuff on top of it. I accidently did that when I first started using PSE... now have learned to look for that blank layer on the bottom.

BTW, if this should happen again..... select all the layers but the bottom one; link them; then drag them onto a new blank layer. You can unlink them once they are in the new layout. Have had to do that a couple of times, too. Another way around it, is to add a blank layer and move it to the bottom layer - just be sure to do a 'save as' so you don't overwrite the background paper.