Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 06-30-2013, 03:41 PM
theStudio CT

Default Time to close shop---

Weather bureau just broke into the tv station I was watching announcing that our area is under a tornado warning----meaning one has been spotted. SOOOOOO---closing down the computer, tv, etc and heading for my safe spot. See ya all later!!!! I'm outta here!!!!
Old 06-30-2013, 03:52 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: Time to close shop---

Huh! Stay safe, Nancy!!

Old 06-30-2013, 03:54 PM
theStudio CT

Ooooh no, I hope everything goes well for you. I can't imagine a tornade, I'm scared of hards winds, but tornado's???? We don't have them here in the Netherlands, but I often saw what happens on the news.
Thinking of you Nancy, sending positive thoughts and I do hope to hear from you real soon!!!!

Creative for
The Studio, Ambowife Designs, BooLand Designs, Lara's Digiworld, Sarah Barber Designs, Feli Designs, Berna Datema, Joelle Designs, Cryztal Rain, Crowabout StudioB, Marta van Eck, Aneczka Designs,Studio Manu, Misker Whiskers

I'm proud to be a
Old 06-30-2013, 05:18 PM
theStudio Designer

Good luck with your storms Nancy, I hope they don't cause too much damage.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:21 PM
theStudio CT

Now THAT was interesting!! Of course, you know me---I had to step out on the porch and take a look see. I've seen ugly storms before, but this one was UUUGGGLLLYYYY!!! Never saw a sky look like that!! But thankfully---no tornado!! From what I hear on the weather channel, there's a lot of flooding----3 inches of rain in one hour, but none here in Goose Creek. Charleston always floods very easily because they are right on the ocean and very low lying. So Mr. Nasty Storm has moved on. My back yard looks like a lake but no damage done except for two tomatoes that got knocked off the vines. Guess I can handle that.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:24 PM
the Studio Admin Team Member

I'm pleased that you are back in one piece Nancy!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:46 PM
theStudio CT

Well, storm number one went flying through, but just when I thought things were quieting down, here comes storm number two!!! No tornado warnings, but lots of thunder and lightening and now I could use a canoe in my back yard!! We are under flash flood warnings until 6 a.m. tomorrow, but it has never seriously flooded in this area, just lots of water in the back yard.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:53 PM
theStudio Monet

LOL Nancy I saw the first post and didn't read on and went straight to google and typed in goose creek tornado...but nothing :-)

Flooding is a little more manageable, hope it doesn't get too much wetter

Old 06-30-2013, 08:06 PM
theStudio CT

Yeah, I was kinda upset with the weather channel for posting a tornado WARNING. They are only suppose to be posted if a tornado is spotted. At first the news was that one had been spotted, then it came out that the warning was because they thought the thunderstorm was capable of producing a tornado. That is suppose to be a "tornado WATCH" ! It sure scared a lot of people around our neighborhood. A tornado hit Goose Creek about three years ago so warnings like that make people edgy.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:18 PM
theStudio CT

Here, if there is rotation detected they issue a warning. . .we have plenty of warnings!!! I don't know how I managed before I got my weather radio - I know what is going on before it is even broadcast on TV and since I can't hear the village sirens it is a wonder to have. When it goes off, if I start to go downstairs, the kitties head for the basement too - they are very well trained - LOL!!! Living in central Illinois we have our share of outbreaks - but thankfully nothing like Oklahoma!!! I have seen the damage from an mile-wide F4 - it passed less than a mile from where I grew up and was on the ground for several miles - so much destruction!!! I'd rather be safe than sorry and don't really mind the warnings - they are a heads up that something is brewing. And here, the damage from a microburst can be just as deadly as a tornado!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 05:29 AM
theStudio CT

There isn't enough money to get me to live in the tornado belt!!!! We only get a warning around here once every two or three years, but that's enough for me!! Being with the Red Cross Disaster Services for so many years, I've see it all----damage from floods, hurricanes, tornados, fires---its devastating!!! My heart is just broken over the 19 firemen that lost their lives fighting the Arizona fire. So tragic!!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:32 AM
theStudio Designer

So glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been Nancy. The weather has been so destructive the last few years and seems to be getting worse. I don't think anyone is too safe no matter where they live.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:47 PM
theStudio Monet

Glad you are safe and hopefully the flooding in your area was not bad.
I live in Southern Illinois (20 mi from St. Louis, MO) and believe me we have had our share of tornadoes and flooding here lately. I think it's time to rebuild the Ark!

[/CENTER]
Old 07-01-2013, 08:29 PM
theStudio CT

Ohhhh, don't tell me that Cathy!!! My grandkids that I take care of are in St. Louis with their dad for 6 weeks. I HATE them being there because of all the weather problems in that area. I am so glad they will be coming home in 3 weeks. I am counting the days!!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:05 PM
theStudio Monet

Luckily right now Nancy, things are quiet here! Cooler temps and going to be a great week for the Fireworks show on the riverfront! Hopefully the rest of their visit will stay quiet!

[/CENTER]
Old 07-02-2013, 06:53 AM
theStudio CT

Is that the Riverfront in St. Louis? If so, I'm pretty sure they will be there, or out on the Coast Guard boat with their dad.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:31 PM
theStudio Monet

Yes, Nancy....by the Arch on the Riverfront. The most beautiful place to be for fireworks!
On the Coast Guard boat with their Dad is even a better place. I love seeing the fireworks reflecting from the waterfront!
Today is downright chilly here. At 3:30 in the afternoon it is only 63. We have had light rain all day! Unbelieveable for July in St. Louis. But.....the motto here is....wait an hour and the weather will change! LOL

[/CENTER]
Old 07-02-2013, 03:50 PM
theStudio CT

Yes, I'm sure Rob (Senior Chief of the Coast Guard station in St Louis) and his crew will be patrolling the area. Sometimes they are allowed to go on the boat with him. Otherwise they will probably be on shore with their stepmom It hasn't stopped raining here all day!! My back yard is a lake again! I saw on the weather channel that St. Louis is in for some cold weather.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:45 AM
theStudio Warhol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyP View Post
Now THAT was interesting!! Of course, you know me---I had to step out on the porch and take a look see. I've seen ugly storms before, but this one was UUUGGGLLLYYYY!!! Never saw a sky look like that!! But thankfully---no tornado!! From what I hear on the weather channel, there's a lot of flooding----3 inches of rain in one hour, but none here in Goose Creek. Charleston always floods very easily because they are right on the ocean and very low lying. So Mr. Nasty Storm has moved on. My back yard looks like a lake but no damage done except for two tomatoes that got knocked off the vines. Guess I can handle that.
Nancy, I didn't know that you and I were so close together in distance. I live in the Georgetown area. Which as you know really isn't all that far from the Goose Creek area. And yes that was a very UGLY storm!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2013, 10:09 AM
theStudio CT

WOW! How neat! How far away are you? I'm not familiar with Georgetown area.