Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio CHATS

theStudio CHATS Check out our CHAT schedule.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:42 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default Hello Again

I've been M-I-A for a number of reasons but the best reason is that I recently returned from a wonderful vacation. My youngest son is in the Army and currently stationed in Bangkok, Thailand for the past year with 2 more to go. He and his wife love Asia, they've been in Korea, Singapore and visited many other countries in the area. Their twin 3 1/2 yo sons are with them, of course, and we've stayed in touch by Skyping often. I read books to them, show them each page; talk to them, let them show me what they've been doing and we even Skype while they're outside. Well, their momma, Shannon, brought them home by herself since Dan was unable to come with them after all. She went to Sweet Home Alabama and then my daughter, her husband, her son, my husband and I flew into Panama City Airport, drove 2 hrs to her parents' home in AL, spent the night and drove back with her and the boys to Panama City Beach, FL. I found the neatest condo/resort, individually owned and it was just as advertised and perfect for all of us. It had many water activities for the little ones, pools for us all, the beach and the unit was wonderful. We stayed for a week - the guys flew back home to MD and my daughter and I returned to AL with Shannon and the boys to stay for 3 days up there. I've rested up, tried to catch up on everything, treating a bad, itchy blister/rash I got from the sun down South (it's healing up after a visit to the dr when home remedies failed) and now I'm back to scrapping and participating. Hello Again!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:05 PM
theStudio CT

Default Re: Hello Again

Isn't skyping wonderful!!! But so glad they were able to come home and spend time with you!!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:05 AM
theStudio Owner

Hello again!

What a wonderful visit you had. Skyping is amazing, but the real thing, complete with kisses & hugs, just can't be beat. What a blessing for you. I'm glad you are back & have some wonderful new memories to scrap.

my email
Old 07-08-2013, 09:55 AM
theStudio Picasso

Ah yes, the real thing can't be beat! Thanks for a warm welcome-back; I like this group.