Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Events > theStudio Birthday Bash 2013 > Layout Artist Contest 2013

Layout Artist Contest 2013

Old 08-30-2013, 02:03 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Layout Artist Contest: PRIZES

Each week, participants will receive a full sized product donated by various members of theStudio design team to work with. You must sign up weekly in the appropriate thread, by the deadline posted, to receive the products free.

Weekly Prizes:
  • Top Layout Artist, as determined by votes (both public and private (design team) votes will be counted, will win a spot on theStudio Creative Team
  • 1 participant each week will be selected via random draw to win a $25 Gift Card to theStudio PU store

Participation Prize:
  • All contestants completing all 4 weekly challenges will receive the September Studio Mega Kit!

Grand Prize:***
  • A brand new, beautiful External Hard Drive will be given to 1 contestant. To qualify for the Grand Prize you must complete each of the 4 weekly challenges and be able to have your prize shipped to a US address.

All winners will be announced on September 30, 2013

**If a contestant wins best layout multiple weeks, the second place contestant will be given the CT spot.
***Grand Prize can only be shipped to US addresses. No alternative prize offered for non-US based contestants. If the winner is outside of the US and cannot provide a US shipping address, a new winner will be drawn.

Thanks for looking! Find more Nibbles Skribbles:

Old 08-30-2013, 08:02 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default Re: Layout Artist Contest: PRIZES

Fantastic prizes. Thanks to all the designers who donate kits for us to use.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:17 PM
theStudio CT

WHAT!!!!! A new external hard drive!!!! And mine just died!!!! I think I'll drop off the CT team and enter this contest and grab that GRAND PRIZE!!!! (only kidding!!!!) This place has the BEST prizes!!!!! Good luck to everyone!
Old 09-01-2013, 05:44 PM
theStudio Designer

LOL! Get it Nancy get it!! xoxo
Old 09-07-2013, 03:11 AM
theStudio Scribbler

Great prizes indeed! Thank you!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:51 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Such wonderful prizes. Awesome!
Old 09-08-2013, 09:00 PM
theStudio Designer

Good luck everyone! I've been in the gallery and this is going to be a fabulous contest. So many talented artists out there!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:12 AM
theStudio Artist

Lots of fun and great prizes, thanks to everyone who put this together, and So many beautiful LO's already in round 1. I took a year off from digiscrapping due to my Dad's health, so I am feeling especially rusty, and up against some really great talent! Good luck to everyone.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:29 AM
theStudio Artist

This is a great contest it's just a shame that if the grand prize winner doesn't live in the US then you can't have the hard drive. Could an alternative prize not have been offered?

There are many of us on here who are not from the US it would have been nice to think if one of us win's we get a nice prize too not the case that its just tough you don't have a US address so you get nothing...
Old 09-10-2013, 06:30 AM
theStudio Picasso

What fabulous prizes!
Old 09-10-2013, 06:37 AM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc-winsford View Post
This is a great contest it's just a shame that if the grand prize winner doesn't live in the US then you can't have the hard drive. Could an alternative prize not have been offered?

There are many of us on here who are not from the US it would have been nice to think if one of us win's we get a nice prize too not the case that its just tough you don't have a US address so you get nothing...
We debated on this, but unfortunately, the fees and laws in different countries make it too hard to ship anything physical. We can't offer an alternative, since the HD has already been purchased. I'm sorry to all this impacts, and if it is someone out side of the US who wins, I'll be sure to offer some digital supplies (not the same, I know) instead!

Thanks for looking! Find more Nibbles Skribbles:

Old 09-10-2013, 07:03 PM
theStudio Party Girl

All those international contest laws really stink! Some countries make it really hard to host a contest with physical prizes, especially if prizes are coming from the US
Old 09-10-2013, 08:32 PM
theStudio Warhol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandak View Post
We debated on this, but unfortunately, the fees and laws in different countries make it too hard to ship anything physical. We can't offer an alternative, since the HD has already been purchased. I'm sorry to all this impacts, and if it is someone out side of the US who wins, I'll be sure to offer some digital supplies (not the same, I know) instead!
That's generous of you. I'm in the US, but if I wasn't, I'd find that very kind indeed
Old 09-16-2013, 05:33 AM
theStudio Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandak View Post
That is very generous of you and I appreciate there are rules and law's that hinder prizes being offered etc to different counties but maybe the prize should have just been store credit to be fare to everyone, as it just seams unfair that just because the winner may live outside of the US they can't have the prize that they've won.

Right I've had my say on this now going to get off my soap box lol, is a great competition and I appreciate all the hard work everyone behind the scenes has put in