Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself! New to theStudio? Or been here a while but you've been lurking? Stop here and introduce yourself! Tell us how you got started in digiscraping or what you love about digiscraping - just anything you'd like to say! We'd love to welcome you to our community! Make sure to start a new thread so you don't get lost in a thread that is already there!! ;>)

Old 09-09-2013, 08:53 PM
theStudio Scrapper

Default Bard seeking CU 'bardic' elements...

I'm Judy Alkema (Bard Judith on Facebook), currently living and teaching in South Korea. I hope to launch a bardic-themed soul-site early next year, which offers art, music, and journalling as theraputic ways to access healing. The site is for-profit, with e-courses, e-books, downloads, gifts, and more.

To that end, I'd like to put out an invitation to designers here to recommend any Commercial Use kits or elements of theirs which could be used(possibly cropped/altered/recoloured, and suitably layered and flattened)for the website design. I will be creating my own headers, buttons, and navigation from the selected images. All appropriate credit will be given, and hotlinks to the designers' shops if desired. Images themselves will not be resold. If designers would like even more exposure, I would be happy to negotiate the use of selected graphics with credit/links within the e-books's design, as well.

Specifically, I'm looking for subtle Celtic, medieval, natural themes, preferably in greens, browns, blues, and ivory to parchment tones, with aged metallic accents. Backgrounds, elements, borders, and label shapes are the most essential items required, while flowers, ribbons, etc. are less desirable, but if you have a kit that you think would suit, please feel free to post it here (or Facebook-message me at Bard Judith, or email masterbard@poetic.com).

Let's encourage and support each other as entrepreneurs!

Hugs,
Judith
Old 09-11-2013, 08:57 PM
theStudio Scrapper

Lightbulb Re: Bard seeking CU 'bardic' elements...

Am I posting in the wrong place, am I too impatient, or are no designers interested in making some CU sales? I'm new to the forums, so if I've managed to offend in some way by this request, please forgive and provide some guidance.

I'd very much like to get some suggestions direct from designers who think their creations would be a good match with my vision, as opposed to sending bulk email to everyone asking if their CU policy would apply and if they'd be interested in exposure on my website, which feels more 'spammy' to me.

I'm also interested in discussing custom work - as in, I'd welcome a designer offering to create a package of bardic-themed and coloured graphics for my specific use in designing my webpages.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to check my blog at www.masterbard.wordpress and look at the headers (which change each time you click into a new page - there are about six or seven different ones right now) for an idea of the sort of style I'm seeking.

Sincerely, Judy Alkema (F.B. Bard Judith)
Old 09-12-2013, 12:29 AM
theStudio Owner

Default Re: Bard seeking CU 'bardic' elements...

Hi Judy, this is a fine spot to introduce yourself, your interests & even what you are looking for. I've passed your request along to my Designers, with the extra activities this month, it's hard to see every post that comes through!

my email
Old 09-12-2013, 09:06 AM
theStudio Designer

all my designs are ok for website / logo creations
you can find my cu designs here
https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudi...ex&cPath=23_39

you can possibly find everything you are looking for in my shop

my personal use items are also ok to create a header with etc as long as its not the logo part ( your branding)
this is my personal use store
https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudi...2413ae07049dbb

i also create webdesigns if you need help with anything i code and install items as well
you can contact me via pm anytime
Aneta
Old 09-12-2013, 09:12 AM
theStudio Designer

i tried clicking on your link but it doesnt work ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard Judith View Post
Am I posting in the wrong place, am I too impatient, or are no designers interested in making some CU sales? I'm new to the forums, so if I've managed to offend in some way by this request, please forgive and provide some guidance.

I'd very much like to get some suggestions direct from designers who think their creations would be a good match with my vision, as opposed to sending bulk email to everyone asking if their CU policy would apply and if they'd be interested in exposure on my website, which feels more 'spammy' to me.

I'm also interested in discussing custom work - as in, I'd welcome a designer offering to create a package of bardic-themed and coloured graphics for my specific use in designing my webpages.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to check my blog at www.masterbard.wordpress and look at the headers (which change each time you click into a new page - there are about six or seven different ones right now) for an idea of the sort of style I'm seeking.

Sincerely, Judy Alkema (F.B. Bard Judith)
Old 09-12-2013, 11:45 AM
theStudio Designer

I've got nothing in the store as to what you're looking for but Sweetmade makes some really great and useful stuff!
Old 09-12-2013, 04:58 PM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleS83 View Post
I've got nothing in the store as to what you're looking for but Sweetmade makes some really great and useful stuff!

THANKS
Old 09-14-2013, 04:31 AM
theStudio Scrapper

Toiny, thanks for the forward, and the reassurance. I'm a loyal Studio fan!

Link: I'm also a bit of a doorknob - there is no www. with wordpress blogs.

Just http://masterbard.wordpress.com/ should get you there!

Aneta, I just bought your CU Back to School kit (for textbook design) - I thought your 'scrapbrand' sounded familiar! Gonna go over and look through both your links thoroughly right this minute, thank you so much. Also, I am indeed interested in getting website technical help - I know exactly what design and vision I have for it but am only a Dreamweaver-level coder (ok, I can change colours and sizes in HTML, but that's about it) - would love to hire someone who can put together all the graphic elements I'll provide into an actual site, plus a shopping cart for my products. Will send you a private message with details and ask you for a quote, m'kay?
Old 09-21-2013, 07:14 AM
theStudio Picasso

Welcome and good luck in your search Judy.