Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 01-18-2008, 07:41 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default A little informal poll

I don't usually have the time to participate in a lot of challenges, since I'm usually hard at work behind the scenes here. But this Make a Wish challenge kit is so yummy that I'm trying to do them all. So here's what I'm curious about...

How many challenges have you participated in this month?

How many more do you plan to do?

Do you think you'll get to them all?

And here's one for the designers...

If you miss a challenge, would you like to see that piece available for sale at the end of the month?

How much would you consider reasonable to charge for the piece?
Old 01-18-2008, 10:08 PM
theStudio Picasso

It's a little hard to answer this because some of the challenges run mid-month to mid-month, so they'd count as two, if I did them both.

So, that said, so far I think I've done eleven and will probably try to do them all, but at least five more. The only problem is that I can't figure out how to scraplift myself!!!!! LOL.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:06 PM
theStudio Picasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpli View Post
It's a little hard to answer this because some of the challenges run mid-month to mid-month, so they'd count as two, if I did them both.

So, that said, so far I think I've done eleven and will probably try to do them all, but at least five more. The only problem is that I can't figure out how to scraplift myself!!!!! LOL.
You should get the PB free just for being the liftee instead of the lifter. I'll contact Jenn about it. lol
Old 01-19-2008, 12:36 AM
theStudio Picasso

I think I have done them all so far.I count ten challenges completed.

Oops I see a new one added-the inspiration challenge. Maybe I can do it tonight after granddaughters birthday party

Last edited by Joba2; 01-19-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:28 AM
SAS-y Pearl

I think I've done six so far, and plan on completing as many as possible. The only ones I know I won't do are the photo challenge (photo a day) simply because of physical limitations, and Terrell's sketch challenge because I just can't figure out how to use the sketch! LOL

This month's kit is great....I want as much of it as I can snag

Old 01-19-2008, 01:15 PM
theStudio Picasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSimon View Post
I think I've done six so far, and plan on completing as many as possible. The only ones I know I won't do are the photo challenge (photo a day) simply because of physical limitations, and Terrell's sketch challenge because I just can't figure out how to use the sketch! LOL

This month's kit is great....I want as much of it as I can snag
Jamie, the sketch challenge isn't that complicated actually. What I do is pull everything out and then put it back together the way I want it. So I set my selector to select by color at something pretty high (maybe 60 or 70), the select something, like Terrell's snowman. It highlights the snowman and I copy and paste as a new object. Then I do the same with the rest.

You only need to go to those lengths if you want to change the size of some pieces, which I needed to in this case. Otherwise you can just highlight areas where you want things to show through, like a picture frame and delete the background behind it, so you can insert your picture in the bottom layer (like a quick page). Select the black background and fill it with your background paper (or, if you want to be able to shadow it, delete the black and insert a picture beneath it), and you're good to go.

And now you don't need to miss out on Terrell's wonderful participation bonus.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:49 PM
SAS-y Pearl

Thanks, Lori....I'll give it a try. :-)