Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Events > theStudio Birthday Bash 2013 > Layout Artist Contest 2013

Layout Artist Contest 2013

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 06:09 AM
theStudio Designer

Default Week4 Challenge

March 2013 Store Mega Kit: You Make Me Happy

Welcome to the final week, Week 4 of the Layout Artist contest! I am blown away by the layouts this month, and truly hope you've had fun creating!

You should be receiving/have received a PM with your coupon to pick up the March 2013 Store Mega kit by theStudio design team. These will be sent 9/23 and 9/24 in the morning to those who have signed up in the sign up thread.

Requirements: Create 2 beautiful layouts using this kit. You must use bits by at least 3 contributing designers, and credit the designers you used in the gallery. Additionally, we're asking that in addition to posting in theStudio gallery, you post in 2 additional galleries and include links to your posts in the forum (reply to this post) with your layouts! Any other gallery is fine, though we prefer those that allow you to link back to product at theStudio of course!

Each layout must be uploaded to the Week 4 Gallery and must include proper credits, including a link to the kit in the store. We are aware of issues with leaving information when you upload your layout, if you are unable to post in the information area of your layout, please leave a comment on your layout in the gallery with this information. Additionally, make sure to leave you links to the 2 other gallery posts you make in the forum!

***For this challenge, Pinterest and ScrapStacks are both OK to use as your gallery posts. Any other digital scrapbooking site gallery counts (DigiScrap Addicts, DigiShop Talk and My Scrapbook Art are 3 open galleries you could use, but they aren't required). Personal Blogs, Facebook, Flickr and Picasa accounts do not count.

Layouts are due 9/28 by 23:59 Studio time. We have a clock in the forum for you to use. Late layouts will not be counted for this round!

Please note: Voting for this round will open as soon as possible after the contest closes and will be open on Sunday 9/29 ONLY. All winners for the month will be announced on 9/30 by noon eastern time.

General Rules/Information (AKA: The Fine Print….)

* Each week will require you to complete 2 unique layouts. Please read each weeks instructions carefully and follow all instructions! Questions are welcome! Layouts that do not meet requirements will be excluded from votes.

* This is a non-elimination contest, with weekly winners (all announced at the end of the month). You may compete 1 week or all 4 or anywhere in between!

* There will be a public poll available starting on Sunday - Monday each week (please note, this was incorrect in the week 1 thread). There will also be private voting done by theStudio design team. The scores from each will be combined to determine a winner. **EXCEPTION TO WEEK 4, see above**

* Polls will be created by username not by layout. Look at each layout by the contestants and choose your favorites when making your decisions. Each contestant will have 2 layouts for you to look at when making your decision.

* If the same contestant wins multiple weeks, the second place contestant will be offered a CT spot instead. We will be adding 4 new scrappers to the store CT!

* Each week a random contestant will win a fabulous prize! Additionally, any contestant participating all 4 weeks will receive a special gift, and 1 lucky participant will win a new EHD. All prize winners will be announced at the end of the month.

* Current Studio Store CT and Staff (QC Team, Design Team, Admin Team) members may play along. We will open a separate gallery (it will be the same one for all 4 weeks) for current CT to post their layouts too. CT playing along will need to sign up each week, but will not be eligible for any of the prizes. This includes Studio Design team members an QC team members.

Thanks for looking! Find more Nibbles Skribbles:

Last edited by mandak; 09-23-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:21 AM
theStudio Artist

Default Re: Week4 Challenge

What a beautiful kit, thank you so much! Sad to see this is over but I had a great time so thank you again! Cant wait to see what all the talented artists can do this week.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:34 AM
theStudio Warhol

Oooh stunning! Am excited
Old 09-23-2013, 07:40 AM
theStudio Monet

Been an exciting month and great kits to work with! Thank You to all who have contributed their kits or time!

My Blog

Old 09-23-2013, 07:53 AM
theStudio Warhol

Lovely kit. Just a couple of questions about what constitutes a gallery. I know MSA and DST seem to be amongst the most popular open galleries, so they're no brainers (I have accounts in both but haven't used their galleries yet).

However...

1) Does Pinterest & Scrapstacks boards count? ( I have boards just for sharing my LOs and I've kept them up to date so I'm hoping these count :-)

2) Does a gallery on our personal blog count?

3) Does a public FLICKr gallery count?

I would include FB as a does-it-count, I have galleries there but even though they're set as public, non FBers can't see them so I'm missing something wrt to FB security - but that's a thread onto itself LOL
Old 09-23-2013, 08:10 AM
theStudio Picasso

What a fabulous kit to work with. Kudos and thanks to the designers for such a treasure. Can't wait to get started.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:52 AM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciabb View Post
Lovely kit. Just a couple of questions about what constitutes a gallery. I know MSA and DST seem to be amongst the most popular open galleries, so they're no brainers (I have accounts in both but haven't used their galleries yet).

However...

1) Does Pinterest & Scrapstacks boards count? ( I have boards just for sharing my LOs and I've kept them up to date so I'm hoping these count :-)

2) Does a gallery on our personal blog count?

3) Does a public FLICKr gallery count?

I would include FB as a does-it-count, I have galleries there but even though they're set as public, non FBers can't see them so I'm missing something wrt to FB security - but that's a thread onto itself LOL
Great Questions! Any other digiscrap site's gallery would count. Another open gallery is DIgi Scrap Addicts, along with the mentioned My Scrapbook Art and Digi Shop Talk.

Yes, Pinterest and Scrapstacks count. Pinterest is a GREAT tool for scrappers!

I will say that no, personal blogs do not count, though you are welcome to post there as well. Since blogs are less visited than galleries, the point is that we want the LOs to be seen by scrappers as inspiration! So places where they are more visible is better. And, for the sake of this challenge, Facebook does not count (since privacy and security may prevent even us from seeing/checking them). And, I'll say no to Flickr too, and no to Picasa public albums as well!

Old 09-23-2013, 09:15 AM
the Studio CT

Wow, such a pretty kit! I am sad that this will be the last week, I have had so much fun!
Old 09-23-2013, 10:06 AM
theStudio Warhol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandak View Post
Great Questions! Any other digiscrap site's gallery would count. Another open gallery is DIgi Scrap Addicts, along with the mentioned My Scrapbook Art and Digi Shop Talk.

Yes, Pinterest and Scrapstacks count. Pinterest is a GREAT tool for scrappers!

I will say that no, personal blogs do not count, though you are welcome to post there as well. Since blogs are less visited than galleries, the point is that we want the LOs to be seen by scrappers as inspiration! So places where they are more visible is better. And, for the sake of this challenge, Facebook does not count (since privacy and security may prevent even us from seeing/checking them). And, I'll say no to Flickr too, and no to Picasa public albums as well!
Thanks for the quick clarification! Now off to play - on no, not yet, have to go back to work first, then play ;-)
Old 09-23-2013, 10:28 AM
theStudio Artist

Wow! What an awesome kit. I cannot WAIT to get started on my first two LOs here at theStudio . I just have to remember: NO TEMPLATES! .... I start EVERY page with a template without even giving it thought LOL. But not this time. I'm going to post stickies everywhere if I have to. Oh, and thank you to all the designers for the kit!

-- Bekki
Old 09-23-2013, 10:29 AM
theStudio Artist

Very nice mega kit, Thank you!!!
Old 09-23-2013, 11:26 AM
theStudio Warhol

The coupon leaves about $6.00 due on the kit. Is this correct?
Old 09-23-2013, 01:21 PM
theStudio Warhol

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapPamela View Post
The coupon leaves about $6.00 due on the kit. Is this correct?
When you tell it to check out and choose your method of payment it should then make your total zero on the next screen.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:28 PM
theStudio Warhol

What link should I be posting to link to the kit in the store? When I copy and paste the link from my browser it seems very long... i.e.
https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudi...7ee7c10236664f
Old 09-23-2013, 01:58 PM
theStudio Warhol

Here is my first one LOVED using this kit.

Last edited by foxinsocks; 09-23-2013 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Posting link in correctly.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:59 PM
theStudio Artist

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the hard work done behind the scenes these last few weeks you have all worked so hard to give us all a wonderful time.

I am so looking forward to exploring this wonderful new kit you have given to us all to play with. I will miss not having the weekly challenge to look forward to, but I know I'm going to keep joining in with the monthly challenges as I have so enjoyed having ago at designing pages I normally wouldn't do
Old 09-23-2013, 02:04 PM
theStudio Warhol

Here are my links to other galleries for my Sunshine layout. I hope I have done this right!!
http://www.digiscrapaddicts.com/gall...-sunshine.html

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/485544403547195140/
Old 09-23-2013, 02:44 PM
theStudio Artist

Quote:
Each layout must be uploaded to the Week 4 Gallery and must include proper credits, including a link to the kit in the store. We are aware of issues with leaving information when you upload your layout, if you are unable to post in the information area of your layout, please leave a comment on your layout in the gallery with this information. Additionally, make sure to leave you links to the 2 other gallery posts you make in the forum!
I am hoping I do not run into these problems this week - I found that I could not make anything stick in the information area of my post in the gallery, however I also found that when I tried to put the information in as a comment, it kept coming up with an error - saying that I had not typed anything in the comment field - totally weird!

I thought I had read somewhere that the problem was with a particular browser and your site, so I even tried a different web browser - hoping to get an edit or even a 'comment' to stick and this made no difference at all - I got the same errors.

Even though I knew others were having problems - last week was the first time I encountered the problem, my week one and two posts had been fine.

So really hoping this works out ok this time, especially with the specific linking requiremments.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:54 PM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxinsocks View Post
What link should I be posting to link to the kit in the store? When I copy and paste the link from my browser it seems very long... i.e.
https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudi...7ee7c10236664f
Yes, our links are long. You can always go to bit.ly and paste the link in to get a shorter one!

Old 09-23-2013, 03:55 PM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxinsocks View Post
When you tell it to check out and choose your method of payment it should then make your total zero on the next screen.
Yes, it won't recognize the coupon until the next screen. Sometimes hitting return/enter after pasting in the code helps!

Closed Thread