Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived General > Learning Center and Software Solutions > Tutorials and Links to Good Tutorials

Tutorials and Links to Good Tutorials If have a tutorial or a link to one you would like to share or want to know how to do something, this is the place to post

Old 01-18-2008, 08:51 PM
SAS-y Gem

Default Help with Actions in PS

I have some actions and I have Photoshop but no idea how to use the actions. ROFL Can someone help pretty please
Old 01-19-2008, 04:14 AM
SAS-y Pebble

Just open Photoshop and drag the icon for the action(s) you want to install onto your workspace. That will install them into your Actions Palette. To run an action, open your Actions Palette (the tab that says Actions--in CS3 it is the icon on the left of your workspace that looks sort of like a Play arrow/button), and find the name of your action. Click on the title to show what actions are in the set. To play an action, highlight the name of the action (not the set) and click the PLAY button (it's the 3rd. button from the left at the bottom of the actions palette) and follow the instructions. Be sure that the action you are using is compatible with your version of Photoshop. If it is a well-written action, you shouldn't have trouble following it.

Does this help? Let me know if you get lost--I have written several actions for my scrap shop, and I know they can be confusing if you are new to them.

Hugs,
Karen Stimson
Wool Sweater Street Scrapbooking Boutique
Old 01-19-2008, 09:14 PM
SAS-y Gem

Great I will try it tomorrow. Thanks for your help!