Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 10-03-2013, 08:51 AM
theStudio Rembrandt

Default Re: October Random Chat Thread

It has rained a bit the last few days here in east Texas. We need it so much. I live on what the locals here call a small lake. It is really just a large pond to me. But, the poor little thing is down for the year. We get some snow each year, just not much. Mostly it snows and then melts the next day. Miss snow. I am from Chicago. But that was about 43 years ago. Still miss snow.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:56 AM
theStudio Party Girl

for those of you missing snow, I'll gladly send some of the 10ft+ we get every year! lol
Old 10-03-2013, 09:07 AM
theStudio Rembrandt

And you can come here to golf any time to.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:00 PM
theStudio Picasso

The weather seems to be crazy all over. It is unseasonable warm here in the Midwest right now, but a cold front is moving in this weekend and going to drop temps 20 degrees!
After all the rain and flooding we had here in the spring, we are now in an almost drought condition here, so any rain that comes this week with the front is welcome!
Farmers Almanac they say is predicting a rough winter here for us, which will be unusual if we get a lot of snow because we normally get very little. Glad my office is only 2 miles from home!

OH....all you baseball fans.....there is a 20% chance of rain here in St. Louis for game 1 of the NL playoffs.
Let's hope it misses game time!

Old 10-03-2013, 12:27 PM
theStudio Warhol

[QUOTE=MGDesigns;169944]Someone on my Facebook feed who lives literally on the opposite coast of Canada was posting about their unusually hot weather ... kids in shorts in October .. hard to image here among the rivers of rain!

Here in Ottawa it's beautiful until tomorrow lol ... then we get rain, but it's finally September weather, we had late October weather last month .... sort of weird ... I've been out walking for an hour every day
Old 10-03-2013, 02:19 PM
theStudio Designer

Well it's sunny here today so YAY! It's not shorts warm though, but nice to have the sun on my skin.

For us, the big issue overall is really the snowfall ... which is decreasing yearly ... without lots of snow over the winter, the glaciers and mountains don't get 're-stocked' so to speak ... and we count on them in the summer to melt and give us lots of run-off. This has been decreasing over the years around here and also in other parts of our province. I have friends who live way up in the interior who were showing me how high the rivers *used to* rise during the spring when the melting starts ... and they don't rise anywhere near there anymore. That's why we end up on water restrictions in the summer.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:53 AM
theStudio Designer

Blessedly snow has already started to fall on the mountains in Colorado Springs! There was a BUNCH of it last week and desperately needed! Of course I don't live there anymore so I can be happy about it lol

It's amazing how "How's The Weather" turned into an actual non stale conversation!
Old 10-04-2013, 11:25 AM
theStudio Warhol

I had to turn the heat on 2 weeks ago to get the chill out of this ol' house. Yesterday I was seriously contemplating running the AC! Crazy. The farting snowman almost made me spit coffee on my monitor. October starts a run on birthdays and anniversaries for my family until the end of November. My twin grandsons, those boys who are often the subject of my LOs because I get more pictures of them, are really getting the idea of being twins and they now tell anyone that Raif is 2 minutes older
Old 10-04-2013, 03:06 PM
theStudio Designer

I think Raif will enjoy being the 'older' brother for the rest of his life! lol.

My anniversary is this month, too - October is a great month for a cozy fall wedding It's also Thanksgiving here in Canada so I am looking forward to turkey!

Old 10-04-2013, 05:31 PM
theStudio Warhol

Happy Anniversary and Thanksgiving up there!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:47 PM
theStudio Designer

Thanks! I love October

Old 10-05-2013, 06:08 AM
theStudio Designer

1. We finally got some rain! It's made for some long days inside with the kids, but it's raining!
2. Happy {early} Anniversary Jewel!

I am running on virtually no sleep right now. It's killing me. Two nights ago, my husband had the history channel on, and some show about what course of events would follow "for real" if an epidemic broke out, wiping out a large % of the population. The guy said that parents might have to decide to sacrifice their children to survive! It was creepy, scary and far to real (it really was what would likely happen). It didn't help that I had just finished reading Dan Brown's new book Inferno the same day, which is also about a virus in a way....then, last night, after throwing a mini-bridal shower for my future SIL - I went to check on the kids before going to bed myself to find my oldest BURNING up. Fever of 103.3 - HIGH - so he moved into my room, my husband got the couch and I'm really hoping I'm not coming down with whatever he has, considering in the past two nights I've had 4-6 hours of interrupted sleep (the baby still wakes a few times too)!

OK, sorry for complaining so early in the morning!

Thanks for looking! Find more Nibbles Skribbles:

Old 10-05-2013, 06:23 AM
theStudio Monet

Hope you are OK Manda and don't come down with it!

october brings me Travelling across the Nullabor, a new home and moving in and lots of sorting out of stuff!

Old 10-05-2013, 06:55 PM
theStudio Monet

Like I tell people here in the South You can take us Northern Girls Outta the North but we will still miss the 4 seasons and especially the White Christmases! I was going to cover my Front Yard one year with quilt batting but my Girls said they would disown me! LOL We have had lots of rain here too the last few days and it is much needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyrose View Post
It has rained a bit the last few days here in east Texas. We need it so much. I live on what the locals here call a small lake. It is really just a large pond to me. But, the poor little thing is down for the year. We get some snow each year, just not much. Mostly it snows and then melts the next day. Miss snow. I am from Chicago. But that was about 43 years ago. Still miss snow.

My Blog
Old 10-05-2013, 06:57 PM
theStudio Monet

Okay I am waiting for that snow package!!! Just hope it won't melt n the way here! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberkatt View Post
for those of you missing snow, I'll gladly send some of the 10ft+ we get every year! lol

My Blog
Old 10-05-2013, 07:10 PM
theStudio Monet

First off hope everyone is feeling better and that You did not catch it. I myself have so many sad things on my mind I sleep very little right now which is not good! I actually got 8 hours of sleep today! I am a night owl anyway! They talk so much gloom and doom about this epidemic virus it scares the Heebie Jeebies outta of me. The Great 1918 epidemic killed my great Grandma and my Great Uncle who was to leave for WW1 the day he died! Also my Grandma and Grandpa were hospitalized with it and my Grandpa got mad as his 6 month old son had just been placed on the porch that was a make shift morgue! Grandpa crawled outta bed and put on his clothes and coat and walked down to the bar and got drunk and survived! Well my Uncle survived too one of the nurses heard a baby crying and I guess the cold revived him, he was not dead yet when they placed him in the cold porch! My Grandma survived too and I loved her so much her life story is admirable and I will scrap it soon! These stories have stuck with me for years! So I watch and listen now and back a few years ago when we had that scare I Prayed and Prayed we would not ever see such a Epidemic as the 1918 one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandak View Post
1. We finally got some rain! It's made for some long days inside with the kids, but it's raining!
2. Happy {early} Anniversary Jewel!

I am running on virtually no sleep right now. It's killing me. Two nights ago, my husband had the history channel on, and some show about what course of events would follow "for real" if an epidemic broke out, wiping out a large % of the population. The guy said that parents might have to decide to sacrifice their children to survive! It was creepy, scary and far to real (it really was what would likely happen). It didn't help that I had just finished reading Dan Brown's new book Inferno the same day, which is also about a virus in a way....then, last night, after throwing a mini-bridal shower for my future SIL - I went to check on the kids before going to bed myself to find my oldest BURNING up. Fever of 103.3 - HIGH - so he moved into my room, my husband got the couch and I'm really hoping I'm not coming down with whatever he has, considering in the past two nights I've had 4-6 hours of interrupted sleep (the baby still wakes a few times too)!

OK, sorry for complaining so early in the morning!

My Blog
Old 10-05-2013, 07:12 PM
theStudio Monet

Happy Anniversary! Happy Thanksgiving too! Lots to be thankful for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDesigns View Post
I think Raif will enjoy being the 'older' brother for the rest of his life! lol.

My anniversary is this month, too - October is a great month for a cozy fall wedding It's also Thanksgiving here in Canada so I am looking forward to turkey!

My Blog
Old 10-05-2013, 10:34 PM
theStudio Designer

Manda that sounds awful - I hope everyone is doing ok now?

Those epidemic movies and books always get me ... so hard to conceptualize that stuff. Terrifying.

Thanks all for the anniversary wishes. The actual day is the 9th which is this Wednesday night. We'll probably have a nice dinner or something the following weekend ... I don't know yet. I find planning ahead hard - I am trying to get through today and maybe tomorrow and that's as far as I get with regards ti planning LOL.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:53 PM
theStudio Designer

Oh great ... I just noticed my last post never showed up .........

No problem, wasn't important. LOL!!! I just wanted to wish you (Jewel) a happy anniversary and to remind Manda that I told her to go to bed DAYS ago!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:36 AM
theStudio Warhol

Well, I gave in and turned the AC on late Fri. afternoon. It was so hot and humid here in northern MD. It's still on as today is also humid and supposed to get into the mid 80s ... Indian Summer is what we call it.