Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 10-06-2013, 10:54 AM
the Studio CT

Default Re: October Random Chat Thread

[QUOTE=SuCanDo;170045]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDesigns View Post
Someone on my Facebook feed who lives literally on the opposite coast of Canada was posting about their unusually hot weather ... kids in shorts in October .. hard to image here among the rivers of rain!

Here in Ottawa it's beautiful until tomorrow lol ... then we get rain, but it's finally September weather, we had late October weather last month .... sort of weird ... I've been out walking for an hour every day
Hey SuCanDo, what part of Ottawa? I'm in Lynnwood/Bell's Corner :-)

Old 10-06-2013, 08:33 PM
theStudio Warhol

Hi All!
Sorry for being absent and not leaving love etc. I've been plagued with migraines for nearly a week now.

Everything I've seen is fabulous and all the Halloween kits are my favs! Love Halloween!

Weather is a roller coaster leaves are still green and it's been 15c (shorts weather) even the nights have been warm. Then the next day you wake up to a layer of frost every where!

Hope everyone is well!
I'll be back soon.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:17 PM
theStudio Designer

So sorry to hear that Marlie - my dad suffers from migraines a it is really not pretty. Hope you feel better soon.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:38 AM
theStudio Designer

My hubby has the same problem so I can understand the need to 'hide'! I can't imagine sitting infront of a screen when your head is trying to crack open!
Old 10-07-2013, 08:30 AM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannieEv View Post
Well, I gave in and turned the AC on late Fri. afternoon. It was so hot and humid here in northern MD. It's still on as today is also humid and supposed to get into the mid 80s ... Indian Summer is what we call it.
we gave up and turned on the heat here. Jim is afraid we wont have nay autumn at all, just hot one day and cold the next. I have confidence though, we will have autumn soon.

Personal Use Shop
Commercial Use Shop
My Newsletter
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Google+
Documenting Your Life
Old 10-07-2013, 02:48 PM
theStudio CT

Well it is beautiful with sun here today and 67 degrees. It got really cool last night and the house got so cool we had to close the windows, so now it's cold inside. I don't want to turn the furnace on just yet so I just put on a second pair of socks and a sweater. I just know some day soon I'm going to wake up to snow and it will be white until next June. If only it would snow on Christmas day and melt the next day. Maybe I need to move somewhere further west or south, lol!

Old 10-07-2013, 08:21 PM
theStudio Designer

Your weather sounds like ours - changes several times a day! Today it was pouring rain in the am, sunny by noon, and cold and rainy again by dinner.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:10 PM
theStudio Designer

Location: Livermore, California -- home of the famous light bulb

... and I thought our weather was bipolar ... we can have it in the 40's (f) in the morning and 90+ by the afternoon. We have the influence of the bay (San Francisco Bay) to cool off our evenings, but are far enough east to get the heat from the central valley. Too bad it's not working so well this year ... but at least we haven't had to use the air conditioner so much this year.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:59 PM
theStudio Monet

Well I finally changed my Avatar!

My Blog

Old 10-08-2013, 06:26 AM
theStudio Picasso

We could give weather reports all year long. Turned the AC off Sunday. Windows back open. Yesterday it rained and blew; we had state-wide tornado warnings! I never remember having a tornado warning in years past. The only tornado I ever knew about was "Dorothy's". Windows shut this morning and heat back on. Still wrapped up in my throw, slippers on and C.O.L.D. Supposed to be cold and rainy for the next 3 days. We had a most gorgeous sunset last evening.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:03 AM
theStudio CT

39 degrees here this morning! A lot different than getting up in the morning to 70 degrees weather down in South Carolina, but I love it. Trees are beautiful!! Went on another photowalk Sunday. It rained quite hard yesterday so I am afraid a lot of the leaves may have fallen.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:19 PM
theStudio Monet

It was a Sunny 81 here today and suppose to get down to 58 tonight and then looks like mid 80's the next two days! Then it is rain again come the weekend! Saturday Thunderstorms forwcasted again! Still we need the rain!

My Blog

Old 10-08-2013, 09:43 PM
theStudio Designer

Definitely going to take some getting used to ... unless you are a cool weather kind of person.

We were still in the 70's today (ramped up from low 50's of this morning), but it's cooling off fast. Definitely not typical for us this time of year. But at least I have Hawaii to look forward to ... 11 days and around 11 hours to go ... I am SO ready for my Hawaii fix for the year!!!

I'm definitely having a hard time trying to design around fall/winter/holidays (been wrestling with my new thanksgiving/fall kit for 2 weeks now) ... guess I'm in denial. I probably would be happiest living in the northern hemisphere for spring/summer and the southern hemisphere for fall/winter (which would actually be spring/summer all over again). And here I'm whining and live in California ... although not "sunny" California ... We actually have weather (sort of) in Northern California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyP View Post
39 degrees here this morning! A lot different than getting up in the morning to 70 degrees weather down in South Carolina, but I love it. Trees are beautiful!! Went on another photowalk Sunday. It rained quite hard yesterday so I am afraid a lot of the leaves may have fallen.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:45 PM
theStudio Designer

WOW!!! 80's??? Where are you located??? I did notice my son (in Virginia) was having some 80's but they're not now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angmag55 View Post
It was a Sunny 81 here today and suppose to get down to 58 tonight and then looks like mid 80's the next two days! Then it is rain again come the weekend! Saturday Thunderstorms forwcasted again! Still we need the rain!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:48 PM
theStudio Designer

Is anyone in the holiday mood??? I've never been big on Halloween, but with my extended family, Thanksgiving and Christmas are REALLY BIG DEALS!!! Plus, my husband's birthday is 4 days before Christmas and my granddaughter's AND sister-in-law's are New Year's day ... which only adds to the mayhem.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:07 PM
theStudio Designer

Our Thanksgiving is this weekend so YES I'm in a holiday mood I don't know that we're doing any turkey this year for Thanksgiving which I'll miss but I don't want to cook one and neither does anyone else LOL. We'll have it for Christmas of course.

And my anniversary is tomorrow - woot woot!

Old 10-09-2013, 08:47 PM
theStudio Monet

First Off jilbert I live in Texas transplanted here from Minnesota and a real Shocker when it comes to the weather here! no 4 seasons or snow (hardly ever but after Hurricane Katrina we woke up to 4 inches of snow on ground that Christmas Eve)
Love Thanksgiving and Christmas they are my Favorite Holidays!! Christmas Eve is My 1st Grandchild's Birthday and she also happens to be my 1st Granddaughter's so lots to Celebrate The moment she was born my Son-In-Law said oh no another Capricorn I told him I resemble that(Way of joking about it) his Dad and I are Both Capricorns and Capricorns are Determined and Stubborn Capricorns are also industrious, efficient, organized and believe it or not Patient! I Just laugh when he whines about us!! And my Granddaughter at 12 has many of these traits already! Lucky Him!

My Blog

Old 10-09-2013, 08:49 PM
theStudio Monet

Happy Anniversary!!!! Hope Your Day is a Great One!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDesigns View Post
Our Thanksgiving is this weekend so YES I'm in a holiday mood I don't know that we're doing any turkey this year for Thanksgiving which I'll miss but I don't want to cook one and neither does anyone else LOL. We'll have it for Christmas of course.

And my anniversary is tomorrow - woot woot!

My Blog

Old 10-09-2013, 10:09 PM
theStudio Designer

WOW!!! That would definitely be a shock to the system. Both my husband and I are California natives, so we are definitely weather wimps ... LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angmag55 View Post
First Off jilbert I live in Texas transplanted here from Minnesota and a real Shocker when it comes to the weather here! no 4 seasons or snow (hardly ever but after Hurricane Katrina we woke up to 4 inches of snow on ground that Christmas Eve)
Love Thanksgiving and Christmas they are my Favorite Holidays!! Christmas Eve is My 1st Grandchild's Birthday and she also happens to be my 1st Granddaughter's so lots to Celebrate The moment she was born my Son-In-Law said oh no another Capricorn I told him I resemble that(Way of joking about it) his Dad and I are Both Capricorns and Capricorns are Determined and Stubborn Capricorns are also industrious, efficient, organized and believe it or not Patient! I Just laugh when he whines about us!! And my Granddaughter at 12 has many of these traits already! Lucky Him!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:15 PM
theStudio Designer

I love living where I do, we get all 4 seasons (some longer than I want them to be some years), so we see birth, growth, death and rebirth again - all in the same year. We don't get too extreme like most other areas of Canada. It's just the odd time it may get too cold with snow and sometimes too hot that can come with forest fires.

We've had a bit of rain lately and I think those are the times I actually get inspired to design. Mostly because I don't feel bad sitting inside on the computer when it's so lovely out. The colours of some of the trees are starting to turn now, so it's a great time for colour. I brought my camera to work yesterday and spent my lunch hour walking around taking some gorgeous shots of foliage, flowers, branches, etc. So now I have a nice little stash to start working on for my kits.

And as Jewel said - it's our Thanksgiving this weekend, so I'm SO looking forward to 3 days off in a row - at least from my 9-5 job!