Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself! New to theStudio? Or been here a while but you've been lurking? Stop here and introduce yourself! Tell us how you got started in digiscraping or what you love about digiscraping - just anything you'd like to say! We'd love to welcome you to our community! Make sure to start a new thread so you don't get lost in a thread that is already there!! ;>)

Old 11-17-2013, 09:32 PM
theStudio Scrapper

Default New Again and totally behind. :o

Hello everybody! My name is Jana. I used to be a very active digital scrapbooker many years ago. I had to give it up because I was getting too busy with school. Now I am about to graduate, and I can start over with my scrapbooking again. I have so many questions. I'm still using Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 for all my editing. I really think it is time to update and to get new software. Where do I start? Which software is easy to learn yet powerful enough to complete most of the digi scrap tasks? If you use photoshop, how did you learn to use it? So many questions. I am really starting over with the most basic of skills and all help is appreciated.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:57 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default Re: New Again and totally behind. :o

Hi jana, welcome back to scrapbooking!

I use scrapbook Max and My memories suite

if you click onto my blog at the bottom of my signature you can see what i make using them.

They are both easy to use and there is a discount coupon at my blog for one of them....Hope I am allowed to say that if not just smack me and remove my post lol

Old 11-18-2013, 08:45 AM
theStudio CT

Welcome Jana! Looking forward to seeing you on the site. I'm sure we all are using different programs...I use CS5. I know a lot use Elements which is easy. Oh, and I taught myself and had help from different sites.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:08 AM
theStudio Warhol

Hi Jana,
I use Photoshop Elements 9. This site and others have great tutorials on how to. Even Adobe has a free video series. PSE12 is the newest version, there is enough new tools that I'm thinking of up grading. I'm mostly self taught, I just play around until I figure things out. Although the ladies here are excellent help and taught me how to make a quick page yesterday.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:45 AM
theStudio Warhol

Welcome Jana! I have tried a few different programs and I always come back to Scrapbook Max 2.0 software because it allows for quick and easy designing. I also love that the program allows you to place the papers and embies you are working with in the desktop area around the layout. This area I also use to place my credits from the designers. You are welcome to visit my blog where I have information on the software. All layouts on my blog were created in Scrapbook Max.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:40 AM
theStudio Rembrandt

I use Paint Shop Pro 13 and Corel Draw 15. PSP is pretty easy to learn. There are lots of tuts on line at the Corel site. Corel Draw is a bit more difficult to learn. I started with that program at my work. We did a lot with it and one of the things was to design posters and flyers. But, of the two I would recommend PSP.

If you hang around here, most everyone is more than willing to help and answer questions. Just ask away!
Old 11-18-2013, 01:31 PM
theStudio Designer

Welcome back the the Digi Scrap world Jana! You've got some great tips here as far as what programs to use. I work in the printing industry, so I've always used the Adobe products. That would be Photoshop for me. I do know that there is a learning curve with it and there are so many that have tried Elements. There are always lots of tutorials out there too, so if you have a bit of time now that school is out, I'd say check some of them out and see which one suits you best. Adobe usually offers up discount for students too, so if you go that route, make sure you check that out.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:55 PM
theStudio Designer

Couldn't stay away from the madness huh? Don't feel bad, neither can the rest of us! I personally use Photoshop, totally self taught. The BEST thing about using such a popular program is that there are MILLIONS of tutorials to show you how to use it! And the quality of PS { IMO } can't be beat!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:19 AM
theStudio Owner

Hi Jana,

A lot of people use Photoshop Elements. Right now it's on sale at Amazon, all the way down to $49.99 if you have Prime:

Adobe Photoshop Elements 12

my email