Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > In Search Of (ISO)...

In Search Of (ISO)... for scrappers & designers alike! Are you looking for a certain something in a kit? A color? A theme? Maybe a CU item? Ask for it here.

Maybe you are looking for help on your CT? Or looking for a Designer needing a CT? Ask for it here. If you need it, here's the place to ask.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:44 PM
theStudio Artist

Default If you are ISO a Mac Brush Manager...

For Mac users (sorry Windoze ppl) who have a lot of Photoshop (Elements) brushes - Brush Pilot (written by the fellow who runs Bittbox) is on sale (for a week) for $12 (normally $25). I was happy to pay $20 on a Black Friday sale a few years ago.

http://www.mydesigndeals.com/deal/br...h-ease-only-12

When I didn't have that many brushes, the free quicklook plugin Brush ViewQL was fine
http://brushviewer.sourceforge.net/ (and I still use it when I just need a quick look at a particular .abr file whose location I know).

But (thanks to digiscrapping) I've now got a bazillion brushes scattered across multiple folders on two drives, so I can't do without Brush Pilot. It works very well and my only complaints are that 1) it doesn't quickly tell you the brush size (the info is there, but not quickly available) and 2) if you, like me, run as a nonadmin, permissions issues can keep you from using the program's built-in "install in Photoshop" command (definitely not a deal breaker - I just use Brush Pilot's "reveal in Finder" feature and install by double clicking the abr file).

System requirements 10.5.8 - Mavericks
Old 01-22-2014, 08:20 AM
the Studio CT

Default Re: If you are ISO a Mac Brush Manager...

I used to have a great brush organizer mac but it stopped working years ago, this sounds interesting. I'm going to check it out. I have brushes all over, definitely could use help in keeping tabs on them. :-)

Old 01-23-2014, 02:39 AM
theStudio Designer

I don't usually use many brushes, and since I was a windows user had not thought about it. But I think now would be good to have a viewer for Mac. Many thanks for the information

Personal Use Store · Commercial Use Store · Blog · Newsletter · Facebook · Pinterest · Twitter · Google+

2007 - 2014 eqrAveziur graphic & design. All rights reserved.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:36 PM
the Studio CT

I checked it out and bought it at the sale price...well worth it... Super fast little app... it found brushes on my HDs that I totally forgot about :-) Great customer support from the site where's it's on sale... The registration key wouldn't work but I got really quick responses till was fixed. Thanks for the info!