Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 12-01-2013, 07:29 PM
theStudio Designer

Default December Random Chat Thread!

I can hardly believe it is December! All of November for me has been just nose-to-the-grindstone 'get through it' so I didn't really take the time to smell any flowers.

From the Nov thread ... Nancy I hope your daughter made it OK through all that snow! We are forecasted for snow tomorrow so we'll see how that goes, though it rarely gets very thick here (though go about 15 minutes north and it starts to come down really thickly!) Also you asked what happened ... the third floor bathroom leaked into the second floor, all the way down through, and into ours. All because the guy on the third floor didn't repalce the caulking around his tub! I honestly had no idea how important that caulking was ... the entire repair with be several thousands of dollars but thankfully none of that comes from us (save our insurance deductible).

In other news ... I am expecting a baby in June!

Last edited by DanielleS83; 12-02-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:54 AM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: November Random Chat Thread!

Pssst - goof ball, it's December, as you know. Not November silly! lol

Wait - YOUR insurance has to cover damage caused from HIS apartment??!! That's messed up.
Hope it's not to terrible in the deductible area. You're gonna need to save for that new baby
Old 12-02-2013, 10:26 AM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: December Random Chat Thread!

Congratulations Jewel - on the baby front news I mean!

As far as your leak goes, the same thing happened to my daughter this past spring. A leak from an upstairs condo that game into the walls of her place. They had to have all the floors replaced in the kitchen, dining and living room, walls replaced and repainting. They carried it a bit further and did a bit more on their own, but . . . the people upstairs insurance covered all of this, not hers. She didn't have to pay anything. Should that not be the case for you as well. It wasn't your fault. Their insurance should cover it. Have you looked into that?
Old 12-02-2013, 11:32 AM
theStudio CT

WOOO HOOOO---a new baby!!!! Congratulations!!! And thank you for your thoughts about my daughter. Yes, she made it back home, but has to turn around and drive back tomorrow, and Winter storm Cleon will be hitting exactly along the path she has to drive. So, I'm not happy about that!!!! Its a six hour drive for both her and ex hubby who drives from St. Louis and she drives from Charleston SC. They meet in Tennessee.
And so sorry about all the damage and all that you are going through. Hope everything is moving along well. HUGS!!!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:21 PM
theStudio Picasso

Congratulations ... June is a good time to have a baby

In other news ... I am expecting a baby in June![/QUOTE]
Old 12-02-2013, 06:59 PM
theStudio Picasso

Awesome news - congratulations Jewel!

I'm in shock that December is here too!!!!
Old 12-02-2013, 09:00 PM
theStudio Monet

Congratulations Jewel (on the baby front)!!!! :-D

I can't believe it is December either! I am also super bummed that I missed Karen's Advent freebie yesterday! I marked my calendar and then forgot to turn it until early this morning. By then it was too late!
December already??!?!?!?!? Seriously?
Old 12-03-2013, 03:08 PM
theStudio Warhol

Congratulations Jewel!!! I'm with Darlene, shouldn't his insurance pay? He should reimburse you for the deductible. A baby bonus! LOL

Nice to hear from you Andie! Long time!

I'm still waiting on the part for my computer...over 2 weeks now...going crazy!!
Old 12-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Chit Cat

When we moved from Houston, we leased our house there. The tenants had small children. One put a toy down the toilet. Then they flushed and left for 5 days. The whole house was flooded. When they got back, they just left and never said a word. When we found out, it cost thousands to fix. Our insurance took care of it, but the deductible was really a large amount. It is fixed now and we have (hopefully) better tenants. But, oh my, what a mess. I fell so sorry for all you are having to go through.

Congrats on the baby!

I have finally finished wrapping the last of my gifts for Christmas. Now I can concentrate on scrapping for a bit and then on to baking and candy making.

We will not see our grandson for Christmas. He was able to come home for Thanksgiving and that was nice. I told him I would send a great big box of candy, cookies and other goodies for sharing with the others on base. Will miss him.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:37 AM
theStudio CT

WHAT?????? You finished wrapping the last of your Christmas gifts???? GOOD GRIEF GIRLFRIEND----I haven't even started shopping yet!!!!! Well, good for you!! I guess I better start thinking of Christmas and get moving!! We're only 3 weeks away!!

Oh, by the way, just a little interesting note about Hanukkah. It fell on Thanksgiving this year and that won't happen again for----are you ready for this??----another 148,000 YEARS!!!!! Interesting------
Old 12-04-2013, 12:25 PM
theStudio Designer

That is a totally unreal stat Nancy. Not being Jewish, I don't understand how they arrive at those dates - pretty interesting!

Rose - you are just WAY too efficient! I'm just about done my shopping, but that's about it. I'm creating scrapbooks for both my brothers and I'm not quite done those. But I better get at it as one has to go in the mail!

Any leftover baking can certainly be sent my way as well! LOL! With the kids out of the house now, I just don't do that anymore, except I usually bring a bit in for the guys here at work. They ALWAYS appreciate it as most of them are bachelors here!
Old 12-04-2013, 02:49 PM
theStudio CT

Darlene, I heard that on tv and thought it was so interesting. We have both faiths in our family. My sister is Jewish and I am Christian and it sure creates some heated discussions!!!! But its all done in love. My grandfather's family was Jewish and I was so thrilled when I found this out----many years after he passed away. So I try to bring a little of both traditions into my house during the holidays.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:50 PM
theStudio Artist

Yay for new baby news! June is the best time!!!! December . . . not so much!
For those of you on the ball with your Christmas wrapping I'm jealous - although I'm pretty much done shopping, I need to sort, wrap and remember where I hid a darn lalaloopsy doll!

I've hardly been able to scrap with computer issues, holidays, 2 jobs, 3 kids, scouts and on the list of life goes! LOL
Old 12-06-2013, 11:27 AM
theStudio Picasso

That's wonderful about the baby, just wonderful. Gemini people are interesting (I know personally).
Old 12-06-2013, 12:49 PM
theStudio Picasso

How on earth are you managing? .... all I can say is WOW .... I remember those days

I've hardly been able to scrap with computer issues, holidays, 2 jobs, 3 kids, scouts and on the list of life goes! LOL[/QUOTE]
Old 12-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Chit Cat

My cats are really ready for Christmas. I put all of my packages under the tree, then went to the kitchen to start supper last night. I heard paper being torn and knew there was trouble in the living room and it's name was either Blue or Tigger or maybe both. Sure enough, packages were torn and package decorations were being eaten. I repaired the damage and had to move all of the gifts to my office for the safety of the gifts and the cats. Got to love those cats! Thought I might share a photo of the repaired and hidden gifts. And mug shots of the two culprits too.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...-packages.html

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...-packages.html

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...5475-cats.html
Old 12-07-2013, 01:59 PM
theStudio CT

Gotta love the cats!!!!
Old 12-08-2013, 01:08 AM
theStudio Picasso

Well, it's almost the deadline and I realized I hadn't yet printed out the 2014 calendar I made in July with Min's templates. Soooo... searching for places that will print the 8.5 x 11 inch calendar, spiral bound at the top, and send it off to my son's house, has me flummoxed. I don't seem to be find any company doing that kind of thing except high-end photo labs and such. The regular players--Persnickety Prints, Adorama, Shutterfly--will do calendars spiral-bound in the center, and with their own calendars. Everyone's photo books only come soft or hard cover, rather than spiral. Anybody know where I can get my custom book done up without spending $70 or more?
Old 12-08-2013, 10:09 AM
theStudio Artist

Things are settling down! I catch a break today as Hubz is working, boys are at their other houses and the little one is happy with all the Christmas themed shows on the Disney Channel, she's not feeling good, chili is in the crock and just waiting on the snow to show up!

So I need to get some things wrapped, some housework done and maybe get some scrapping done now that the computer all better! Debating on whether or not to get the tree down from the attic but thinking that can wait for hubs to get home!

donakat - I don't know where you are but around here Walgreen's has things like that, any local drugstore chains around you that do photo printing? Or do a 3 hole punch on the papers and get colored zip ties - okay sounds hokie but I've seen it done LOL.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:03 PM
theStudio Designer

Our hotel upgraded their wifi - yay! It was totally un-usable before. It's so nice to finally connect!

Insurance wise ... it's a bit confusing but here's how it works ...
- strata insurance covers the restoration back to the original building specs
- the owner at fault has to pay the strata deductable (or if he is insured for that, his insurance pays that deductable)
- my insurance covers our 'betterments' (in our case, our nice tiled floor as the original specs were for linoleum) and our relocation

All in all I believe its going to be a 60k plus job and our relocation is going to be about 7500 ... and we are only paying our $500 deductable. So I think we are coming out of this OK. I could probably sue the guy for our deductable, but the court fees would be more then $500 so I am not sure it's worth it.

I am not sure if our insurance then goes after his insurance but I am going to let them duke that out.

It's been tough. We had to move our cats to my moms, and we knew our older one would not handle that well and she died in my arms a few days later. I don't think I've fully processed that yet, and I don't think I will until we go home and she doesn't come home. I have also been way more sick with this baby than any of my others. I think this week is a bit better for that ... I am 14 weeks and thats second trimester and I think the nausea is easing.

I'm just trying to stay positive amongst it all. It could be so much worse. They are working now to be done Dec 20th, at least to the point where we can go home (they may have some final touches to do after that but we won't have to move out). I am pining for my Christmas tree which is all in storage still ... but if they stay on schedule I'll have time to enjoy it.

Now that i can connect I'll be around more