Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 12-08-2013, 09:49 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default Re: December Random Chat Thread!

Good luck Jewel and I hope you are home in time for Christmas.

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you!
Old 12-09-2013, 02:24 PM
theStudio Artist

Aw hugs to you on the loss of your kitty!
Hopefully it won't take too long and you'll be back home quickly!
Old 12-10-2013, 05:02 PM
theStudio Monet

I've got my calendar printing at Persnickity Prints. They will do the 8.5 x 11 with spiral binding at the top, and at a very reasonable $20. I love their prints, so I really recommend them.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:30 AM
theStudio Warhol

Good heavens!!! So many packages! Only time we had that many gifts under the tree was when we had 16 people in for Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyrose View Post
My cats are really ready for Christmas. I put all of my packages under the tree, then went to the kitchen to start supper last night. I heard paper being torn and knew there was trouble in the living room and it's name was either Blue or Tigger or maybe both. Sure enough, packages were torn and package decorations were being eaten. I repaired the damage and had to move all of the gifts to my office for the safety of the gifts and the cats. Got to love those cats! Thought I might share a photo of the repaired and hidden gifts. And mug shots of the two culprits too.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...-packages.html

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...-packages.html

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...5475-cats.html
Old 12-11-2013, 01:36 AM
theStudio Warhol

Ok Donna, I don't know if you are south of the boarder or north but Walmart Canada, Staples Canada and London Drugs Canada all do that with reasonable prices and should, depending on location, have them ready for Christmas. If you want really cheap but great quality, that probably won't get here for Christmas is Arts Cow. I've had many different products made by them always great. If you need coupons I can send you some. I would think that if the Canadian outlets can do it so can the US. Good luck and I hope this helps!
Merry Christmas!
M

Quote:
Originally Posted by donakat View Post
Well, it's almost the deadline and I realized I hadn't yet printed out the 2014 calendar I made in July with Min's templates. Soooo... searching for places that will print the 8.5 x 11 inch calendar, spiral bound at the top, and send it off to my son's house, has me flummoxed. I don't seem to be find any company doing that kind of thing except high-end photo labs and such. The regular players--Persnickety Prints, Adorama, Shutterfly--will do calendars spiral-bound in the center, and with their own calendars. Everyone's photo books only come soft or hard cover, rather than spiral. Anybody know where I can get my custom book done up without spending $70 or more?
Old 12-11-2013, 01:51 AM
theStudio Warhol

JEWEL! I so hope you are home for Christmas but if not just chalk it up to being Canadian. We can endure most everything and apply the lessons next time. Pioneer stock! Because we know there will be a next time.
I'm sending all kinda of positive energy you're way so the contractors will be conscientious and speedy!
You shouldn't have to sue your neighbour. I would think he'd be a good guy and pay the $500 deductable for you if he knows you have to pay. This is Canada after all, "I'm sorry" is our catch phrase.
Hope you have a snow free move back!
Oh, my morning sickness lasted from 2 weeks to a week before he was born. I looked like I had a basket ball stuck on my front! LOL!
Hope yours is over soon. If not... Ginger ale, ginger tea, ginger candy. Ginger reduces nausea.
Merry Christmas!
Old 12-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Chit Cat

Yes, there are a lot of packages. I have six sisters and a brother. My husband one sister and his mom. We have fourteen nieces and nephews. I make a family calendar for sisters, brother, and adult nieces and nephews. Small gifts for the children and goodies for each family. It is shear chaos when we are all together. But, we love it. Best time of the year.

We are finally getting out from the below freezing temps at night. Tonight it should be just 34 and I am so glad. My poor hairless cats are under covers all day long.

Jewel, congrats on the little one. Hope you move back in happens soon!

The calendars I make are bound at the top with a spiral. Because I make 15 of them each year, I had to find a way to do it with less cost. I purchased a Zutter system. It has a punch to make the holes and the wire crimper to bind it. I got it years ago and don't know the cost now, but then it was about $25. The wire binders are about $1 each. Saved me a lot over the years and is done when I need it.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:00 PM
theStudio Designer

You gals always remind me that I'm not the only one that leads a non-normal life full of ups and downs - how refreshing!

Jewel - so sorry to hear about your cat. I hope she was older and lived a good life. It's always so hard to lose a pet, after all - they are family. I just spent over $500 on my dog to have some teeth pulled, cleaned and blood works done. I've been putting off my dental work I need done because it's going to be costly. So what do I do, blow it on my dog! Oh well, he's worth it!

Rose - you have hairless cats! They are a special breed. My nephew rescues hairless dogs. He has about 13 of them. They can never leave to do anything though because they can't be left on their own, and they don't really have anyone to look after that many. Their choice though, it's their family - although they did add a daughter to the family last year, so I'm sure some of the priorities have changed!

Glad you got your calendars done Dona. I did those for years, and last year just didn't have time to finish them. I heard about it - especially from one of my sisters-in-law! Oh well, I'm starting a new tradition this year for them and I hope it makes up for it!

And can we talk weather - OMG! We had our first dusting a couple of days ago. My bosses wife wouldn't drive in it. Gosh, I could still see my grass through it! People panic and let fear take over sometimes. It doesn't happens too often here, but if we get a "real" dump - like 7 - 8 inches, then I hunker in. It's usually gone in a few days though. I can't believe what some of you are getting though - so unusual for you - like Texas Rose! What's up with that?

It's going to drive the price of citrus up again, I'm sure. I was thinking about his when I bought my box of Japanese oranges. A little pricey, but worth it. Then when I got home, I wondered about the radiation that might affect these oranges. They're saying it's already showing up here on the west coast of America and that crops and the food our farm animals are eating is already 200% higher. Yikes! That's scary. Anyway, if I start to glow after I eat my oranges, I'll let you know. Or maybe you'll see me from where you are! Okay - I'm stopping the rambling - LOL!
Old 12-14-2013, 02:30 PM
theStudio CT

Well, I wanted snow---------I GOT SNOW!!!! We are getting zonked with winter storm Electra. I'm looking out the window and watching it come down sideways and I can hardly see across the road. But it sure is pretty!! I'm at my daughter's house, who lives WAY out in the country, and may not make it back home!!! They don't plow the dirt roads until the storm is over. They are too busy keeping the highways clear.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:21 AM
theStudio Picasso

I can't believe there's snow in Egypt! Seeing the Sphinx with snow surrounding it was amazing.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:22 PM
theStudio CT

Oh wow, Jo! That must have been quite a sight!
Old 12-15-2013, 02:32 PM
theStudio Picasso

Yesterday we woke up to -25 degrees and a furnace that wouldn't heat the house up to any more than 18 degrees .... yikes ... 2 hours later and we were still cold and now of course there is lots and lots of snow. If this is December I don't want to know about January.... at least we got the house up 5 degrees with a space heater ... furnace is almost keeping it up there .... I think we need a new landlord lol
Old 12-15-2013, 06:26 PM
theStudio Designer

I saw that picture of snow on the Pyramids - now that's scary! People there had never seen snow before, except in pictures. What the heck is going on?
Old 12-16-2013, 02:56 PM
theStudio Designer

Looks like we are on track to go home Friday night - the 20th. I'm tickled that we get to be home for Christmas! It will be hectic moving back in and then getting the tree up and everything ready to go, but that's fine with me. Home is HOME

I'm still sick. I have found an organic ginger candy that helps so I have 6 bags of stashed around my house so I always have one on hand. I have also learned that if I push too hard I get sicker - Saturday we had dinner at my father-in-laws house - I didn't want to go because I was so tired but hubby really wanted me to go so I did. I ended up so sick that night that I have burst blood vessels all around my eyes from the vomiting. So from now on I will be firm ... when I'm tired, I'm not going anywhere!

Thanks for everyone's thoughts on our kitty. She was 18. She lived a very good life, with a close call about 6 years ago where we thought she might not make it. She was diagnosed with heart disease in Feb 2012, and given a few months to live. Instead she lived 22 months. The vet said we were obviously taking good care of her. She was a super good cat and I am glad we had her for as long as we did.

We have one cat left and she is young and mischievous and doesn't really like to be held or cuddled ... I am having a hard time connecting with her at all. But I'm not going to get another cat right now with baby on the way!

It was super cold here for a while and has warmed up again to at least above freezing. That being said, the forecast calls for snow Friday (our moving home day)! I don't mind snow, though. At least where we live everyone has winter tires!

Hard to believe Christmas is coming up so soon!!

Old 12-16-2013, 03:28 PM
theStudio Artist

MG - something that helped me was dumdum lollipops! I would keep them by the bed and have one before I even got up in the morning!

I'm jealous about all the snow, I've had rain. Other parts of the state but we just get rain. Maybe we'll get a White Christmas - of course I already scheduled vacation days for after Christmas.

I did survive 2 Christmas parties this past weekend, after dealin with the little one being sick last week. At least now I have pics to scrap this week while hubs is on nights.

Anyone else with kids realizeing that the older ones are getting good at avoiding teh camera???? I feel like i have very few pics of the Teen & Pre-teen but plenty of Little Miss!
Old 12-16-2013, 11:30 PM
theStudio Designer

Yep my two teens have been skillfully avoiding the camera for the last few years. I usually have to bribe them to get into a photo.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Chit Cat

My kids are grown and gone from home. I still cannot get them into photos. They both tell me they want the photo and scrap albums I have made. I keep telling them the scrap pages are only good if there are family (and that includes them) in them. They still avoid the camera.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:52 AM
theStudio Artist

I have managed to catch a few shots of them in action or when they're not looking. But at the same time its easier said then done! Luckily I have school, sports & activity pics but I'm a fan of snapshots!
Of course one advantage to being behind the camera is avoiding the pictures so maybe I'm just as bad!
Old 12-18-2013, 12:10 PM
theStudio CT

One 17 year old grandson will avoid me at all costs and my teenage granddaughter LOVES the camera!!! She is always posing!
Old 12-23-2013, 01:04 AM
theStudio Designer

We're home! Woot!

My excitement was quickly muted by a long list of things wrong with the reno ... including the sink leaking and the tap falling off in the tub. Sigh.

But we're home for Christmas. Yay!