Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > Progressive Scraps > Progressive Scrap, Dec 8-15

Progressive Scrap, Dec 8-15 Led by Min aka Carin Grobe Design . We will play with pieces of theStudio's December Mega.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:11 AM
theStudio Designer

Default Dec PS - Day 1

Woohoo, this month we have a Christmas kit that is not a Christmas kit to play with, lol... so everybody not celebrating Christmas will do fine. Although, it might be a little challenging for those in the Southern hemisphere... how about a "I'm so glad I don't have to live through this" or "Missing the snow" layout? lol.

Hmmmm, since it is Christmas time... how about reviving the old extra challenge (some of the "veterans" among you might remember this one, lol)? Here it is: If you use a beach photo in your layout (sand can be changed easily to snow with PS etc) you will get an extra prize. Last time we had some hilarious pictures of ppl obviously enjoying sitting in the snow wearing nothing but their bathing suits, lol - if you want to take a peek, these were from the January 2011 PS, around page 495 in the PS gallery.

Here's a recap of the regular rules:

This progressive scrap will go on for eight days. For the first seven days I will give you a download link with two or three pieces you are required to use according to this day's instructions. You have two days (Saturday and Sunday) to complete the last step (or catch up) and upload your finished layout. Please remember that I live in Europe, so I will not be around after Sunday early afternoon EST to send out links.

The first download is free, you will get the others via pm after completion of the day before. You can join in until Wednesday, but you have to complete the days to get the next download - and your last layout should be done and posted by Sunday night!

You can recolor and/or crop the pieces or change their opacity but you have to use them as specified in each day's instructions and once placed are not allowed to move them. Make sure you save your layout in a .psd format so you are able to place new pieces below others if you should wish to do so.

On Monday night I will post a poll to choose the winner who gets this month's Mega for free!
and there will be also another randomly chosen winner, who will get the Mega free, as well. Everybody else who finished their layout will get a participation prize - a coupon for 1 $ off this Mega.

I will also host a QP exchange for those of you who'd like to gather a great matching QP album!

The first goodies for this month were created by Boo aka BooLand Designs, Daniella aka The Urban Fairy, Vicki aka Dana's Footprints, Jamie aka The Kit Cart and Karen aka Snickerdoodle Designs (click image to download):

Instructions: Start your layout with a white background (not a paper, just a simple white layer). Arrange as many papers from today's download on this background in any manner you wish, BUT make sure at least 10 % (estimated) of the white background are still visible. (Please ask, if these instructions are not clear, I certainly know what I mean, but I am not sure it is clear to anybody else, lol)

Upload your layout to the Progressive Scrap Gallery, then come back here and post the link to your layout so I can pm you on Monday with the download link for Day 2! Please do not upload to the Mega gallery until day 7 - we've had a couple of confused people seeing all those unfinished layouts there, lol.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:39 AM
the Studio CT

Default Re: Dec PS - Day 1

Oh this kit is GORGEOUS!!! I am so excited yay!
Old 12-08-2013, 10:42 AM
theStudio CT

hmm, sounds like this is gonna be lots and lots of fun!

Old 12-08-2013, 10:43 AM
theStudio Artist

My first step, not really sure about the 10%, but there is a white border around the page with text.

Lovely papers, thanks all!

And thank you Min for hosting

Old 12-08-2013, 11:08 AM
theStudio CT

This sounds like fun. I do hope we will get lots of snowmen!!

Day 1

Creative for
The Studio, Feli Designs, Berna Datema, Joelle Designs, Crowabout StudioB, Marta van Eck, Studio Manu, Rucola Designs, Pinklotty Designs

Old 12-08-2013, 11:14 AM
theStudio CT

I may be in trouble with this one - there's MATH involved!!! YIKES :-)

Old 12-08-2013, 11:36 AM
theStudio CT

Here's mine. Who knows where this is going!

Old 12-08-2013, 11:44 AM
theStudio CT

This should be fun. such cute snowman to play with. Thanks, Min!

Old 12-08-2013, 12:04 PM
theStudio Picasso

I can't join this month since I'll be leaving next Sunday to go to Alabama to see those twin grandsons. An unexpected gift. My son & d-i-l have to take care of personal business and he was able to get leave and stay until Jan. 2nd. I'm staying from 12/15 - 12/30! We're all so excited they will be in the States for Christmas.
Have fun and I'll check out all the layouts when I get back and Merry Whatever You Celebrate!
Old 12-08-2013, 12:16 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Here's mine - it's my first time playing any challenge like this... eek! Quite interesting to try to make a layout with no idea what's coming up

Old 12-08-2013, 01:00 PM
theStudio Picasso

just in time. Our "Light rain" has turned to heavy snow. Our weathermen may be among the worst anywhere....

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...ss-dec-ps.html
Old 12-08-2013, 01:41 PM
theStudio Artist

My Day 1 shows up in the gallery, but I cannot figure out how to get the image in this thread.
Can someone please help me?
The FAQ says:
click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer

I don't have that button to click on....
How do I get that option?
Thanks!
Old 12-08-2013, 01:47 PM
theStudio Artist

My Day 1

Old 12-08-2013, 01:55 PM
theStudio Artist

Hope I understood right, if not please let me know. Here is my day one, hope I won't regret doing it like this

proudly creating for:
Old 12-08-2013, 02:59 PM
theStudio Warhol

Min,
Below is my LO for Dec 2013 PS-Day1.
Hugs,
marilynnay

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...-day1-jpg.html
Old 12-08-2013, 03:02 PM
theStudio Picasso

My Day 1
Old 12-08-2013, 03:03 PM
theStudio Warhol

Well, my laptop is toast but I'm going to try to use an app on my iPad.
Here goes nothing!
Old 12-08-2013, 03:15 PM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdss View Post
My Day 1 shows up in the gallery, but I cannot figure out how to get the image in this thread.
Can someone please help me?
The FAQ says:
click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer

I don't have that button to click on....
How do I get that option?
Thanks!
Here's a link to Kim's tutorial about adding a gallery image to your forum post: http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...ead.php?t=8663

Hope that helps!
Old 12-08-2013, 03:16 PM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannieEv View Post
I can't join this month since I'll be leaving next Sunday to go to Alabama to see those twin grandsons. An unexpected gift. My son & d-i-l have to take care of personal business and he was able to get leave and stay until Jan. 2nd. I'm staying from 12/15 - 12/30! We're all so excited they will be in the States for Christmas.
Have fun and I'll check out all the layouts when I get back and Merry Whatever You Celebrate!
We will miss you, Ev - but what a fantastic Christmas surprise!!!
Old 12-08-2013, 03:21 PM
theStudio Monet

Sorry Min and everyone! I am going to have to sit this one out again... :-( I wish I had a such a joyful reason as Grannie Ev!! (So happy for you and your family!!) My reason is pretty lame--I am so behind on getting gifts ready, I need to spend the time there. (Bah Humbug!) I love what I see so far!! You go ladies!!! :-D