Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself! New to theStudio? Or been here a while but you've been lurking? Stop here and introduce yourself! Tell us how you got started in digiscraping or what you love about digiscraping - just anything you'd like to say! We'd love to welcome you to our community! Make sure to start a new thread so you don't get lost in a thread that is already there!! ;>)

Old 12-30-2013, 05:32 AM
theStudio Scrapper

Default new and stupid

Hello everyone I am completely new to this site and I absolutely love the beautiful pages you all produce. I am retired so have time for myself for a change. I just don't know how to get my photos onto the pages and into the frames........I think I need a lesson, any suggestions?
Old 12-30-2013, 08:20 AM
Chit Cat

Default Re: new and stupid

Hello, my name is Rose. So glad to meet you. What program do you use? I use Paint Shop Pro and Corel Draw. I had the same type of questions when I started. I really don't think you are stupid, because you are not. Everyone has to begin to learn. Let us know what program you use and someone will answer your questions. There are many ways to each thing and some depend on the program. Good luck, stick around. It only gets better and better.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:03 AM
theStudio CT

Oh my dear nanasue! You make me remember back when I was new and I had those same feelings. I was so scared to try anything because I was afraid I would look stupid. I have since learned there is no such thing as "stupid" nor any stupid questions. Questions are for learning and that is what you are here for----and you are at one of the friendliest places you could possibly be!
We are all here to help you, so bring on those questions! And if one person doesn't have an answer, someone else will.
And I PROMISE you, the day will come when you will be the one helping the newbie that needs questions answered!! SO glad you are here with us!!!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 02:17 PM
theStudio Picasso

Oh my NanaSue - that word stupid and I do not acknowledge each other! As soon as you tell us what program you use to scrapbook, you will get all kinds of help to start you on your way. Welcome ♥
Old 12-30-2013, 10:25 PM
theStudio Designer

Location: Livermore, California -- home of the famous light bulb

LOL!!! I totally love all the replies you've already gotten. This site is full of warm and inviting people who have knowledge of all sorts of different software. The only stupid (aka dumb) question(s) are those that are never asked.

There are tons of tutorials on the blog (https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudi...ory/tutorials/). While most are for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements, the concept is pretty much the same between them and other applications ... you just need to learn terms that the different applications use ... AND ... if the need exists, more tutorials directed towards different applications can definitely be written.

While I already had a computer graphics background, I was totally stupid when it came to scrapbooking concepts ... especially since I had never done traditional scrapbooking. Participating in the monthly challenges, reading the tutorials, and asking LOTS of questions were just what I needed to get up to speed.

Welcome to the family ... I truly believe you've found a home.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:57 AM
theStudio Owner

Welcome! You are definitely new, but not stupid! Digital scrapbooking is confusing at first. I open & closed photoshop many times before finally understanding "layers". Layers is how we can add our photo's to the gorgeous frames & pages.

And learning what layers were, and how to use them, was only my first step in learning how to scrapbook on my computer. It's been a wonderful journey! I couldn't have learned this fabulous hobby without the help of my friends here. Please, ask anything. We are more than happy to hold your hand

Smooches,

my email
Old 12-31-2013, 12:08 PM
theStudio Designer

One thing I always told my kids - "there's no such thing as a stupid question"! That's how we learn and you should never be embarrassed about learning!

A lot of new designers try Photoshop Elements to start learning how to scrap with. It's learning curve is less than Photoshop. It's an Adobe product and you can usually download a few version for 30 days to try it out. There are lots of tutorials available, and anyone here would gladly help you out, once it's established what program you want to use.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:11 PM
theStudio Picasso

Nanasue ... another Sue ... wheeee ..... here is a question for you ... do you have software of any kind ... if you do let us know, if not there is a lot of choice out there with scads of tutorials to help you along. Some of the software is easier than others and I know photoshop anything can be intimidating at first. If you don't know your way around it then you may feel stupid but don't let your brain tell you that .... if you can learn, want to learn, you are not stupid. We can't be expected to know something we have no knowledge in.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:14 PM
theStudio Monet

Hi Nanasue.

AS I told you in my PM (private message, not sure you got it) I use scrapbook max, it's so easy to use and only 30.00, I have used photoshop, but every time I do I get confused and give up most of the time lol, only because I haven't sat down to work it all out properly, purely because I have my scrapbooking program.

So don't be scared to try different programs, I know a few here who don't use photoshop.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:36 PM
theStudio Designer

Hi Nanasue, Welcome to theStudio! Lots of great information already presented here; but as everyone said, any questions, just put them up and someone will answer! (And I agree that participating in the Challenges is a great way to learn and make new digi-friends!)

Old 01-01-2014, 06:15 PM
theStudio Picasso

Smile Re: new and stupid

Hi and welcome here,
I am sure this talented Ladies will answer all your questions.
Hope to read you soon !
Old 01-01-2014, 09:37 PM
theStudio Artist

NanaSue, you were smart enough to come to the right place! This is one of the best forums for learning and support you will find. We've all started out having the same questions about digiscrapping. So, welcome to the club.

~Have a wonderfully creative moment each day.~

Old 01-07-2014, 06:17 AM
theStudio Picasso

Hello and welcome Nanasue!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:29 AM
theStudio CT

Hi NanaSue! Hang in there, Girl! It takes a little determination, but once you get it figured out ... you're gonna be HOOKED! I started out by searching out tutorials and using them to get started. Use the monthly challenges to give you some ideas for scrapping pages and honing your skills. If you run into a question or problem, just post and someone will help you out! Good luck!

Blog
Old 01-09-2014, 12:39 PM
theStudio Designer

NanaSue- we are delighted you are here and no you are not stupid....boy I could tell you some stories about when I first started.LOL We were all new at this once. Hang in there!

Personal Use Shop
Commercial Use Shop
My Newsletter
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Google+
Documenting Your Life
Old 01-10-2014, 02:33 AM
theStudio Scrapper

Hi, I'm from Austria I have 57 years and live in Vienna, I speak almost no English, the translator is my main companion in this forum.

Love greetings Red