Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 01-05-2014, 10:54 PM
theStudio Designer

Default January Random Chat Thread

Alright my brain has finally comprehended that December is over!

So how is everyone doing? We are just wrapping up a quiet weekend at home which, after all the Holiday craziness, was most welcome.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Chit Cat

Default Re: January Random Chat Thread

Here in East TX we are really cold. Woke up to 14 degrees this morning. Brrrr. Need sun.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:33 AM
theStudio CT

Nine here this morning with ANOTHER foot of snow dropping during the night. Getting continually colder during the day until it hits zero around 8 tonight. Think I'll stay in and scrap today!!!!!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:36 AM
theStudio Artist

I read about the cold in the US. I hope you all have good heating in your homes, and enough food in the pantry!

Over here it's too warm for the season, I even saw some flowering bushes in the park today.
It's very likely we'll get frost and a heap of snow in February or March, to make up for the warm weather now...
Old 01-06-2014, 01:29 PM
theStudio Picasso

Canada in winter ... gotta luv or hate it lol .... first it's -35, blink and it's -15, blink again and it's 0 ...no, wait for it .... it's -10 again and heading back down to the -35s and below. All the while it's freezing rain, no .... it's raining ....no it's snowing enough to bring out the dog sleds ... Eastern provinces are once again extremely cold with more snow than they can handle and Newfoundland has a major power outage ... it's an island ... not a good place to be if you are an island especially.....summer brought tornado warnings and now we have this stuff .... I think I'm going to hibernate in the basement for a couple of years lol .... I turned my OTT lite onto my poor amaryllis and you should see it growing ... it loves it ... I can hardly wait for it to bloom fully so I can take some photos
Old 01-07-2014, 12:28 PM
theStudio Artist

We finally got a good snow then it went away and now it's freezing!!! Was 60 degrees yesterday morning and 4 today! I hope everyone is keeping plenty warm! Kids have off school today for the cold, luckily hubs is off so its a play day. They just threw a cup of water in the air to see what would happen - half turned to snow and the other half just fell to the ground.

I'm starting to make plans to go to Las Vegas in March, just thinking about the warmer weather is warming me up!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:09 PM
theStudio CT

I saw the kid on the weather channel shooting his water gun into the air and the water immediately froze!! I want to get some bubble solution and blow bubbles. They are suppose to immediately freeze and then shatter when they hit the ground. Its still minus 2 here. Just got back inside and don't think I'll venture out there for the rest of the day!!! To everyone within this Polar Vortex----stay warm!! And I thought the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" was fiction!!!!
Old 01-07-2014, 03:23 PM
theStudio Artist

Well we made it through the Arctic dip last night and now the sun is shining and it is just normal cold. Stay warm everyone! Regular monthly meetings started back today and it was good to get out and back to the routine.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:31 PM
theStudio Picasso

How cold is it ????? I saw a squirrel's breath this morning .... that's never happened before .... poor little fellow !! ... we have been able to throw water into the air and freeze it for a good while now....the Ottawa Canal was opened for skating very early this year as well
Old 01-08-2014, 03:36 PM
theStudio Artist

I didn't know you could throw water in the air like that and have it freeze! Thought it was pretty cool!
Did anyone get to try the bubbles? I wanted to but haven't yet. Might still be cold enough today. I think the kids still have some of the colored bubble stuff.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:54 AM
theStudio CT

And you didn't get a picture??? LOL!

Old 01-09-2014, 09:14 PM
theStudio CT

Went shopping today and forgot to buy the bubbles and try them out. Now its going to be in the 30's for a few days. WOW!!!! A heat wave here!!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 04:56 PM
theStudio Warhol

Lol! You pegged it perfectly Sue! Best description ever!
The week before Christmas my town was the Coldest Place on earth 2 days running! We've received over 100cm of snow this winter.
I feel bad for everyone in the southern US as they are not used to the extreme temperatures. That's normal here. My advice is dress in layers! Lots of layers so you can take them off as the temperature changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuCanDo View Post
Canada in winter ... gotta luv or hate it lol .... first it's -35, blink and it's -15, blink again and it's 0 ...no, wait for it .... it's -10 again and heading back down to the -35s and below. All the while it's freezing rain, no .... it's raining ....no it's snowing enough to bring out the dog sleds ... Eastern provinces are once again extremely cold with more snow than they can handle and Newfoundland has a major power outage ... it's an island ... not a good place to be if you are an island especially.....summer brought tornado warnings and now we have this stuff .... I think I'm going to hibernate in the basement for a couple of years lol .... I turned my OTT lite onto my poor amaryllis and you should see it growing ... it loves it ... I can hardly wait for it to bloom fully so I can take some photos
Old 01-10-2014, 05:19 PM
theStudio CT

Pulling my HAIR OUT!!! Has anyone ever tried to contact someone at Adobe??? Yeah, RIGHT!!!! Since my computer crashed, I loaded PSE8 into my friends computer so I could keep working. Its also in my daughter's computer. Now that I have my computer back, I downloaded PSE back into my computer. They are letting me use it but I have to deactivate it from one of the other computers (two computer limit) . I have 30 days to do this. I tried to deactivate it from my friend's computer and I keep getting denied. Because it was a hard drive crash on my computer I have to call an 800 number----TWO HOUR WAIT TIME!!!! So I am trying to start an online chat with someone and, of course, have been waiting over half hour while they assist others in front of me!! They don't tell you how long the wait is for the online chat. I may have to break down and upload PSE 10 even though I don't like it. Wish I had the money for the latest one!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2014, 10:11 AM
theStudio Warhol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyP View Post
Pulling my HAIR OUT!!! Has anyone ever tried to contact someone at Adobe??? Yeah, RIGHT!!!! Since my computer crashed, I loaded PSE8 into my friends computer so I could keep working. Its also in my daughter's computer. Now that I have my computer back, I downloaded PSE back into my computer. They are letting me use it but I have to deactivate it from one of the other computers (two computer limit) . I have 30 days to do this. I tried to deactivate it from my friend's computer and I keep getting denied. Because it was a hard drive crash on my computer I have to call an 800 number----TWO HOUR WAIT TIME!!!! So I am trying to start an online chat with someone and, of course, have been waiting over half hour while they assist others in front of me!! They don't tell you how long the wait is for the online chat. I may have to break down and upload PSE 10 even though I don't like it. Wish I had the money for the latest one!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
Customer service just isn't what it used t be or even should be.This is for companies in general not just Adobe.I've not dealt with Adobe personally.I have however been dealing with customer service issues with other companies.And as you said enough to make you want to pull your hair out!!!!

Anyway I am glad to be back after months of being offline.Was having many computer issues and those are now straightened out.(Hopefully)

My daughter is entering her 3rd trimester of pregnancy and we are getting anxious to meet the little bundle of joy.I made it back online just in time to start to gather scrapping supplies that I know will be putting to use with all the photos we will be taking of Baby J.My nickname for him as she has not yet decided on a name.

2014 is going to be an exciting year filled with first for our family. So looking forward to scrapping all the wonderful memories we will be making.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:45 AM
theStudio Picasso

You could download the trial version of elements 12 for free for 30 days .... gives you time to get your E8 solved. I have also tried to get hold of Adobe at one time ... Amazon.com has Elements 12 for sale right now for under $63 ..... http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...=elemnets%2012

[Wish I had the money for the latest one!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH]
Old 01-12-2014, 01:11 PM
theStudio CT

Oh WOW! $63!!! I just might look into that. I'll beg, borrow and steal (well, maybe not steal) from my kids!!!
Old 01-13-2014, 12:40 PM
theStudio Picasso

My son just subscribed to Photoshop CS and got a discount because he has kids in school .... $20 a month is what he is paying
Old 01-14-2014, 12:37 AM
theStudio Designer

It's so true customer service isn't what it used to be.

We are having a very mild winter. Our biggest issue is rainfall. In my city its not a huge problem but other areas around me have some flooding.

We are having an ultrasound tomorrow where we hope to learn if we are having a boy or girl!

Old 01-14-2014, 06:31 AM
theStudio Picasso

The big freeze is over here in Maryland thank heavens. Was so concerned about the homeless and older folks on their own. We had 1 pipe burst but not anything damaged by the water - have no idea how long it was leaking so the water bill will be a shocker, I'm sure.