Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 01-14-2014, 12:15 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default Re: January Random Chat Thread

Good luck on the ultrasound ... very cool to be able to know and prepare for a babe before it is born

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDesigns View Post
We are having an ultrasound tomorrow where we hope to learn if we are having a boy or girl!
Old 01-14-2014, 12:17 PM
theStudio Picasso

It is 5 degrees above 0 here in Ottawa, but I'm sure the cold will be back soon. They opened the Canal for skating early this year but have had to close it again until it does get colder
Old 01-15-2014, 03:16 PM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuCanDo View Post
It is 5 degrees above 0 here in Ottawa, but I'm sure the cold will be back soon. They opened the Canal for skating early this year but have had to close it again until it does get colder
Crazy bizarre weather - too cold, not cold enough ... I know it's not unexpected but it's still crazy!

Old 01-15-2014, 03:21 PM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannieEv View Post
The big freeze is over here in Maryland thank heavens. Was so concerned about the homeless and older folks on their own. We had 1 pipe burst but not anything damaged by the water - have no idea how long it was leaking so the water bill will be a shocker, I'm sure.
I hope your water bill isn't too bad!I hear you on the homeless ... when we get the deep cold here extra churches open up for homeless but many of them won't come in. It's always worrisome.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:39 PM
theStudio Warhol

Same thing happen to me! I used the online chat feature and had it sorted out in 30 mins. I have Adobe Acrobat 10 also so I got everything done by the same person. Whew!

Try the online chat might work better.

Plus 9 here today with winds up to 130km/hr! All my deck furniture has been blown to one end of the deck. Crazy! It was minus 35c last week and forecast again for next week. We've had so much snow we need our hip waders for the January thaw! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyP View Post
Pulling my HAIR OUT!!! Has anyone ever tried to contact someone at Adobe??? Yeah, RIGHT!!!! Since my computer crashed, I loaded PSE8 into my friends computer so I could keep working. Its also in my daughter's computer. Now that I have my computer back, I downloaded PSE back into my computer. They are letting me use it but I have to deactivate it from one of the other computers (two computer limit) . I have 30 days to do this. I tried to deactivate it from my friend's computer and I keep getting denied. Because it was a hard drive crash on my computer I have to call an 800 number----TWO HOUR WAIT TIME!!!! So I am trying to start an online chat with someone and, of course, have been waiting over half hour while they assist others in front of me!! They don't tell you how long the wait is for the online chat. I may have to break down and upload PSE 10 even though I don't like it. Wish I had the money for the latest one!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2014, 11:47 PM
theStudio Designer

Well ... baby gave us a scare after last week's ultrasound but we had another one yesterday and all is well ... and it's a boy!

Old 01-22-2014, 09:26 AM
theStudio Warhol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDesigns View Post
Well ... baby gave us a scare after last week's ultrasound but we had another one yesterday and all is well ... and it's a boy!
Congratulations! Take it easy and look after both of you.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:50 AM
theStudio CT

So glad everything is ok!!! Congratulations on your little baby boy. Now take it easy until he arrives!!

Hit minus 12 last night. It's minus 5 right now at 10:45 a.m. and guess who is NOT going outside today!!! I love the snow but don't like this frigid weather we are going through! And from what they are saying, its not going away anytime soon!!

I am so frustrated this morning!! As I go through kits, like the 2.00 sale going on right now and click on kits that I want, I see the WARNING sign that I already purchased that kit, but when I go to the designer's folder with her kits in it, the kit isn't there. I am beginning to realize more and more the amount of kits I lost with my crash last year!!!! I now keep everything in two different places!!!! Don't even know if I want to try an EHD again!! Don't trust them anymore!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 05:00 PM
theStudio Designer

That would be frustrating Nancy I worry about that with me EHD too - I try to keep it backed up to CrashPlan but it's not 100% backed up yet.

Thanks for the baby congrats!

Old 01-23-2014, 08:54 AM
Chit Cat

I use Backblaze. It took a while to get it all backed up, but the peace of mind is so worth it. I have an EHD (2 T) too. I keep every on it and still use Backblaze. When you lose everything it is just so hard. Good luck Nancy on getting it all back.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:28 PM
theStudio CT

Well, I'm so glad that the store shows that warning when you go to purchase a kit you have already purchased, because it is helping me slowly find out what kits I am missing. I guess I could just start clicking on all 1200 plus kits that are in the store and see which ones I get warning on----but that would take me FOREVER!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 11:19 PM
theStudio Designer

Let me know if you are missing anything of mine and I'll get it to you

Old 01-23-2014, 11:44 PM
theStudio CT

You're sweet. Thank you! I just come upon them by accident when I click on a kit and the warning comes up. Then I go to my file I have for that designer, and if the kits not there, I know I lost it.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:45 PM
theStudio Designer

Oh my gosh it's February - where did the month go?

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...441#post180441