Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > March 2014 Challenges

March 2014 Challenges Here you will find all our monthly challenges for March 2014

Old 03-03-2014, 04:04 AM
theStudio Designer

Default Me, Myself and I March 2014 Challenge

Welcome to the new March 2014 "Shot" Me, Myself and I challenge. A small space to talk about ourselves.

This month's topic is "I have my camera every second in my hands, I'm not."
Like always take your camera with you, or your cell? Already a fan of Instagram or do not even know it? Tell us about your photo skills!

The Rules are simple:
  • Scrap JUST about you.
  • At least a title.
  • Journaling (long or short) Not all vacations are wonderful but the ones that aren't usually wind up pretty funny after the fact.
  • You Can Use Any digital items from designer. Make sure you credit your work appropriately in the MMI gallery.
  • Then come back to this thread and post here the link (and your LO as well) to your layout in the gallery.
  • Have too much fun!

Award: If you Participate 10 months or 10 LO's (do not need to be in a row) You Will Have a $10 coupon from my store. AND we are offering a 10% discount on ALL of your purchases for the following month!

So, if you participate this month and get a layout posted, you will receive 10% off of every purchase made next month! No coupons required, the discount will automatically apply to your purchase(s)! And, this is on top of any/all sale prices in effect at the time of purchase!!

Personal Use Store · Commercial Use Store · Blog · Newsletter · Facebook · Pinterest · Twitter · Google+

2007 - 2014 eqrAveziur graphic & design. All rights reserved.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:38 AM
theStudio Designer

Location: I live in a sweet small seaside town called Southport in the uk.
Default Re: Me, Myself and I March 2014 Challenge

Here's mine Ave, learning to use my iphone camera and a little photoshop magic lol

Here

Old 03-11-2014, 11:16 AM
theStudio Picasso

I love this challenge Ave and thank you for hosting it.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:59 PM
theStudio Picasso

Here's my odd camera obsessions:

Again the gallery won't let me post credits, so here they are with the journaling:

Credits: Cappuccino Kisses by Manu Scraps

Journaling: It’s the end of the first quarter of 2014. David and I still use a “dumb phones”. So I’m not “connected” like most of the population these days and that’s okay; the rest of the population also doesn’t know where I’m at, who I’m with or that no one’s home. We also aren’t spending the extra money on a data plan!

But I’m sometimes seduced by technology’s fun side. I plan to buy an iPad in the next few months so I can have my planer and ereader on the same device. I know me well enough that an iPad using mostly Wi-Fi for uploading pictures can give me an Instagram account and someplace to publish the coffee vignettes I love to photograph. I just think “look where my coffee is” is such a fun idea. When there is a Nani Instagram it will be all coffee, all the time!

Old 03-25-2014, 10:19 AM
theStudio Designer

Great shots! You know, every day of every year I think in get, at least, my phone and take some photos. But I've never doing! So... let see if I can learn from you.

Thanks for share with us

Personal Use Store · Commercial Use Store · Blog · Newsletter · Facebook · Pinterest · Twitter · Google+

Last edited by Aveziur; 03-25-2014 at 10:20 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-27-2014, 06:02 AM
theStudio Monet

I can't believe it's the 27th already! Arrrggghhh!
If I had a camera -- with a telephoto lens -- every second in my hands, I too could take wonderful photos like these (ok, I would have a better chance at taking wonderful photos like these!!) My cellphone camera just can not compare!
For this LO, I used The Urban Fairy's "Just a Little Wonderful" kit and my neighbor's photos.
The morning I won this wonderful kit from Vanessa and Dani was the first morning "our" swans returned. We had not seen them for a couple years. I took some pictures with full zoom with my cell phone. LOL, you mostly could only see white dots on the photos.

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...2014_4_web.jpg
Old 03-28-2014, 05:55 PM
theStudio Monet

When I saw Andie's submission I knew I had to do the challenge this month because I do have a camera with a big zoom lens. I got a new camera for Christmas, a Fuji SL1000. It has an optical zoom lens of 50X! I bought it just to take pictures of birds and this layout shows some of the wonderful shots I got in February, the first day I had a chance to test out the camera. I love it. Thank you for hosting this challenge Ave.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:13 PM
theStudio Monet

New item on my Christmas List: a Fuji SL1000!!
Great LO Elaina! I have camera envy! LOL
Old 03-29-2014, 05:15 PM
theStudio Monet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie View Post
New item on my Christmas List: a Fuji SL1000!!
Great LO Elaina! I have camera envy! LOL
Thank you Andie. The pics in that layout are just a fraction of what I took that day. It was the first chance I'd had to really test the camera out. It really is wonderful for birds. Although you can do manual settings I just leave it on automatic and let it do it's thing. Notice, there are no shots of flying birds, I think one needs an SLR camera to do those, but since swans sit on the water a lot the Fuji would definitely do the job for you. One big advantage over an SLR, this camera is light and no extra lenses to fool with. I've never owned an SLR, they are a bit too much camera for me.

Btw, the Fuji is not very pricey as cameras go...perhaps the birthday fairy might buy one for you.

Fuji SL1000

If the birthday fairy does decide to buy you one, be sure to tell her (or him) to get you a couple of extra batteries for it, you will need them if you are half the camera nut I am. This is what I bought.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:43 PM
theStudio Artist

Old 03-31-2014, 01:59 PM
theStudio Artist

Old 04-01-2014, 10:06 AM
theStudio Designer

Wow ladies, you made a wonderful job this month, and thanks so much to share a little piece of you with us. See you next!!

Old 04-14-2014, 10:32 PM
theStudio Artist

Is there going to be an April challenge?
Old 04-15-2014, 05:21 AM
theStudio Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinDove View Post
Is there going to be an April challenge?
No, dear, there are so many activities and fun challenges in this theStudio Birthday. You have so many chances to have fun. I'll be back next month! See you