Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 02-02-2008, 02:53 PM
theStudio Monet

Default Tell Us About the Quote in Your Signature

Sometimes I wonder about the quotes I see in the signatures in the forum. I always use the quote - "Have a great day - make it count!" and there's a reason for that. Frankly, I stole it from a gal in my church, Christy.

Tomorrow, February 3 with mark the one-year anniversary that we lost Matt, Christy's brother, to cancer. He was only 23 years old and fought hard, but the cancer eventually took him. This young man was so vibrant and a born leader, and everyone who knew him, loved him. As you can imagine, this year has been difficult but a thousand times harder for Matt's family. We believe that Matt is with our Lord but for those of us left missing him, there's a huge void.

While Matt was in the hospital during the last several months of this life, Christy would take the time to send out daily email updates on his progress. She always signed off with "have a great day - make it count!" When I think about how short Matt's life was, that statement really made an impact on me. We have so little time here and the older I get, the faster time goes by. Maybe I'm feeling a little blue because of the one-year anniversary of losing Matt, or maybe I've just become more introspective, but it really does make me think that I need to be wise with the time I've been given.

Gosh, I hope this doesn't make anyone depressed - I wasn't meaning to! I'm simply curious about the quotes you all use. Is there a reason for it, or is it random?
Old 02-03-2008, 10:26 AM
SAS-y Gem

I saw this quote and it just really expressed how I have been feeling...
I have always tended to zone into my own little world when things get rough or stressful, more like a meditation I guess. It helps me relax and unwind and be able to look at things with an open mind.

I have my own little world, but it's ok-they know me here.~ Unknown
Old 02-12-2008, 09:35 PM
theStudio Monet

That's cute, I like it!