Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > In Search Of (ISO)...

In Search Of (ISO)... for scrappers & designers alike! Are you looking for a certain something in a kit? A color? A theme? Maybe a CU item? Ask for it here.

Maybe you are looking for help on your CT? Or looking for a Designer needing a CT? Ask for it here. If you need it, here's the place to ask.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:35 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default ISO .page templates for Artisan

I use Artisan software from Pastoria for scrapbooking, not PS. Does anyone here design templates in .page format?

Is anyone familiar with designing (papers, elements, etc.) in Artisan?
Old 04-06-2014, 07:35 PM
theStudio Monet

Default Re: ISO .page templates for Artisan

What do i type in the translator for the language you are speaking?

Old 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
theStudio Picasso

This is my scrapbooking program: Artisan.

I only know how to use .page format templates. A few places sell them, but I haven't seen them at the Studio. It looks like most use PhotoShop. I'm not very experienced, so I don't know how I would use png templates in my program.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:36 PM
theStudio Monet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenartist View Post

I only know how to use .page format templates. A few places sell them, but I haven't seen them at the Studio. It looks like most use PhotoShop. I'm not very experienced, so I don't know how I would use png templates in my program.
Most here do use Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, a few of us use Paint Shop Pro. However, almost any graphics program which can use layers should be able to use the .png format. A .png template will contain a "channel", i.e., a special layer which holds a transparent selection. Most digi scrapbook elements and all quick pages are created in the .png format. By using the .png format to create them, the elements have a transparent background which makes them idea for digi scrapbook pages. Hopefully your software contains some information about .png files in the help. I'm sorry, I wish I could give you more information, but I've never heard of the Artisan scrapbook program.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:30 AM
theStudio Picasso

Thank you! I'll try using a png template.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:59 PM
theStudio Designer

Location: Livermore, California -- home of the famous light bulb

Manda (Nibbles Skribbles) include them with her templates -- http://bit.ly/1eRTDd0 -- as does Two Moose Designs -- http://bit.ly/1r67ImW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenartist View Post

Old 04-19-2014, 10:03 AM
theStudio Picasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilbert View Post
Manda (Nibbles Skribbles) include them with her templates -- http://bit.ly/1eRTDd0 -- as does Two Moose Designs -- http://bit.ly/1r67ImW.
Thank you! I'll check those out!
Old 05-06-2014, 04:09 AM
theStudio Artist

Artisan and Creative Memories Storybook Creator 3 both use the same format (.page or individual png layers), because they're made by the same program company. People "think" that "no one" uses .page templates or needs individual png files here, but if the owner or one of the designers would ask who uses one of these "no psd files" programs, you might be amazed at how many people use them. PSE/PS users assume the psd/tiff files are universal files because they use them, but it is actually the png file that is the universally accepted file to all programs like these and not the other way around. We just kept our mouths shut most of the time in the beginning, as we had gotten used to being left out of all kinds of template, clipping masks, brushes etc.. freebies and challenges. When we just asked for individual png files instead of psd, tiff, abr, csh, asl files. We didn't attempt to ask for the .page files, which can only be made in our program (The company offers a dressed down free version to try and make templates with). I was a CM consultant and I went on a mission several years ago, as soon as CM went digital, to get stores and designers to realize that ..no .. not everyone use PS/PSE and ...no... not everyone can open psd, tiff, abr, asl, csh files. In fact, In the US, lots of programs are available and we use them all. I just wanted them to agree to make the png files (not .page files) , so "everyone could play", but Designers and stores were sooooo rude and basically told me to get lost. I won't list the names of stores and designers that ignored me, told me off, etc.. as they basically turned money away because they didn't want to be bothered with pngs, but most offer both pngs and .page files now. I explained that CM was an international company that spread their program to US, Canada, France, England, Germany, Japan, AUS , New Zealand and Mexico and they all needed everything in .page or png files to use a template., brush ,mask etc... after many years, I am happy to say that most designers and stores now offer pngs and/or .page files. There is one store's designers that still has designers, that I contacted years ago ,that still won't be bothered, but they are seeing the 3 or 4 designers in their store that started offering .page and individual pngs finally... make lots of money.

There are several programs that need individual png layers for anything with layers. They can not open .psd, tiff, csh, asl, or abr files. They need individual png layers (a template in a single jpg file or a single png file will not work either). A .page file is our version of a .psd file, but only the CM Storybook Creators and Artisan can use .page files. Everyone can use png layers. These are the programs that need individual pngs, that I can think of right now...

1. CM Storybook Creator 3 (or a .page file)
2. CM Storybook Creator 4 (or needs a .sbcpage file.. this version has to convert .page files)
3. Artisan
4. My Memories
5. the program sponsored by Hallmark stores (forgot name)
6. (forgot name)
7. (forgot name)
Old 05-08-2014, 09:19 PM
theStudio Designer

Location: Livermore, California -- home of the famous light bulb

While I do provide png files (for my brushes and templates), I don't do .page files. I'm on a Mac and am unable to run either of those programs (along with PSP). That's another thing to keep in mind ... many graphic designers use Macs. However, the designers that I know typically include png files for their brushes and templates. And, while I don't do patterns, I do know that most of the designers here not only provide a .pat file, but also a jpg of the pattern.

If you can point me to a Studio designer that doesn't do this, I will be more than happy to talk to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Silly View Post
Artisan and Creative Memories Storybook Creator 3 both use the same format (.page or individual png layers), because they're made by the same program company. People "think" that "no one" uses .page templates or needs individual png files here, but if the owner or one of the designers would ask who uses one of these "no psd files" programs, you might be amazed at how many people use them. PSE/PS users assume the psd/tiff files are universal files because they use them, but it is actually the png file that is the universally accepted file to all programs like these and not the other way around. We just kept our mouths shut most of the time in the beginning, as we had gotten used to being left out of all kinds of template, clipping masks, brushes etc.. freebies and challenges. When we just asked for individual png files instead of psd, tiff, abr, csh, asl files. We didn't attempt to ask for the .page files, which can only be made in our program (The company offers a dressed down free version to try and make templates with). I was a CM consultant and I went on a mission several years ago, as soon as CM went digital, to get stores and designers to realize that ..no .. not everyone use PS/PSE and ...no... not everyone can open psd, tiff, abr, asl, csh files. In fact, In the US, lots of programs are available and we use them all. I just wanted them to agree to make the png files (not .page files) , so "everyone could play", but Designers and stores were sooooo rude and basically told me to get lost. I won't list the names of stores and designers that ignored me, told me off, etc.. as they basically turned money away because they didn't want to be bothered with pngs, but most offer both pngs and .page files now. I explained that CM was an international company that spread their program to US, Canada, France, England, Germany, Japan, AUS , New Zealand and Mexico and they all needed everything in .page or png files to use a template., brush ,mask etc... after many years, I am happy to say that most designers and stores now offer pngs and/or .page files. There is one store's designers that still has designers, that I contacted years ago ,that still won't be bothered, but they are seeing the 3 or 4 designers in their store that started offering .page and individual pngs finally... make lots of money.

There are several programs that need individual png layers for anything with layers. They can not open .psd, tiff, csh, asl, or abr files. They need individual png layers (a template in a single jpg file or a single png file will not work either). A .page file is our version of a .psd file, but only the CM Storybook Creators and Artisan can use .page files. Everyone can use png layers. These are the programs that need individual pngs, that I can think of right now...

1. CM Storybook Creator 3 (or a .page file)
2. CM Storybook Creator 4 (or needs a .sbcpage file.. this version has to convert .page files)
3. Artisan
4. My Memories
5. the program sponsored by Hallmark stores (forgot name)
6. (forgot name)
7. (forgot name)
Old 05-08-2014, 09:58 PM
theStudio CT

Sure wish I knew what you all are talking about????
Old 05-09-2014, 03:01 AM
theStudio Monet

lol Nancy let the geeks chat

Old 05-09-2014, 11:31 AM
theStudio Artist

Dear CM Silly, I totally understand where you are coming from even though I am a Photoshop user. I am wondering if you could be a CT for any willing Designer. All of the layers in the tif or psd files are either jpg or png layers. These can easily exported to all png files with an action or a script. Then when you got a kit from the Designer you could put it all together to make the page format. That could possibly be a solution for everybody.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:43 AM
theStudio Picasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by suerice View Post
Dear CM Silly, I totally understand where you are coming from even though I am a Photoshop user. I am wondering if you could be a CT for any willing Designer. All of the layers in the tif or psd files are either jpg or png layers. These can easily exported to all png files with an action or a script. Then when you got a kit from the Designer you could put it all together to make the page format. That could possibly be a solution for everybody.
I would be happy to do that! (Yes, I do know you weren't talking to me.) It's so much easier to use .page files for me, that when I get a template in pngs, I go ahead and put it together as a page, and save it for later. Actually, that's what I've been doing in odd moments the last week. Now that I think about it, it sounds like that would be a lot of fun!