Go Back   theStudio > theStudio Creative Canvas > theStudio Challenges > April 2014 Challenges

April 2014 Challenges Here you will find all our monthly challenges for April 2014!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 08:17 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Recipe Card Challenge ~ April 2014

Recipe Card Challenge Gallery

Post your ideas and suggestions for future challenges here

Here are the instructions for this month's recipe card challenge/exchange:

1. Click HERE for this month's recipe card challenge kit. The majority of your card(s) must be made with this kit, although you can also use other CU items to enhance your cards (for example, brushes, actions, etc.). NOTE: A coupon code will be provided to those who used the prior month's kit to create and share at least one recipe card in the previous month’s challenge.

2. The general theme for this month's cards is your favorite “brunch” or “buffet” recipe ~ the post below this one includes more information. Be creative and have fun designing your cards!

3. Create your recipe card(s) at 6" wide x 4" tall (1800 and 1200 pixels), 300 ppi resolution. These are the print-quality cards that will be shared with all participants. When finished, save as a jpeg file with quality between 8-10. Carefully proofread and make needed changes before finalizing.

4. You will also need to resize and save your card(s) at 72 ppi to post in the gallery.

WHEN FINISHED with your card(s), you must do the following 3 things:

1. E-mail your print-quality, 300 ppi recipe card to LetMeScrapbook@hotmail.com so it can be included in the download file at the end of the month. Do not share your print-quality card on your blogs or through any other means without my prior approval. Several participants have also asked for blank copies of the cards you design, so if you're willing to send me both (with and without the words), that would be great!

2. Upload a picture of your 72 ppi card to the Recipe Card Challenge Gallery. Please upload only your actual recipe card ~ not the blank cards. You may also post a copy of your 72 ppi (web version) on your blog if you’d like, and then include a link to the forum in case others are interested and want to participate.

3. Post a message here in this forum thread with a link to your gallery card no later than April 30.

At the end of the month, all participants will receive a link to download all the cards created that month. Bon appétit!!

NOTE: A checklist of instructions is included in the store kit for your convenience.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:17 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Re: Recipe Card Challenge ~ April 2014

NOTE: I’ve included a link at the top of my first post above where you can share your ideas and suggestions for future month’s challenges.

This month’s color palette is from theStudio’s coordinating spring collection, “Café in Paris.” In addition to using this kit for your cards, you can also use any of my paper or element packs on your cards, including the reds and blues not found in this starter kit. You may not use items from any of the other designers as I do not have their permission for this purpose.

For this month’s theme, let’s focus on recipes for brunch or buffet items. I’m thinking muffins, eggs, meats, French toast, pancakes, syrups, jams/jellies, fruits, drinks, etc. ~ whatever you’d like! If you need a specific tag for your recipe and don’t already have it from a previous kit, send me an e-mail and I’ll try to get one made for you.

March participants: I’ll send you an e-mail with a coupon code for this month’s kit no later than April 9. If you haven’t sent me your March cards, please do so as soon as possible.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SHARING YOUR CARDS:
As a general rule, I will share the print-quality version (300 ppi) of the cards you create for this challenge with the other participants; they are not to be given away/shared via a download link on your blogs or through any other means. Feel free to post a picture of the web version (72 ppi) of your card on your blog. If you want, you can also include a link to the forum so others can join in and participate. Please let me know if you have any questions about this explanation or my Terms Of Use (TOU) document.

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 04-11-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:38 PM
theStudio Artist

What a cute kit - again!
Love the colors.

Now I have to dig out a recipe...
Old 04-09-2014, 07:08 AM
theStudio Monet

Pretty kit, time to get the old recipes out again.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:46 AM
theStudio Monet

Ummm, just a question are we supposed to get a coupon for the kit?? I am new at this hallenge, but I thought that was how I read it. I did email my card....

Old 04-09-2014, 10:30 AM
theStudio Designer

All March participants should now have their April coupon code. If you don't have an e-mail message from me, please let me know and I'll resend the coupon code to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootscrapper View Post
Ummm, just a question are we supposed to get a coupon for the kit?? I am new at this hallenge, but I thought that was how I read it. I did email my card....

Last edited by Maurine Stettler; 04-09-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Chit Cat

Off to find recipes. Cuts into my Post the most time, But so worth it. Love the kit.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:51 PM
theStudio Artist

This will be a challenge; I do not cook either brunch or buffet dishes, so I'll have to really get creative, won't I? This is a pretty kit, Maurine! Thank you!

Old 04-09-2014, 01:34 PM
theStudio Designer

I have no doubt you'll come up with something great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGram View Post
This will be a challenge; I do not cook either brunch or buffet dishes, so I'll have to really get creative, won't I? This is a pretty kit, Maurine! Thank you!

Old 04-09-2014, 02:56 PM
theStudio CT

Cute kit!! I'm now retired...Who gets up early enough for breakfast/brunch??? lol
Old 04-09-2014, 03:40 PM
theStudio QC CT

LOL...I'm with ya Marnie!! Love the colors Maurine! great job as always.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:47 PM
theStudio Designer

You "retirees" are making me a little jealous!! I must say, though, that I could eat breakfast/brunch food anytime of the day -- those are some of my favorite foods! : )

Old 04-09-2014, 04:36 PM
theStudio Artist

Just got a few new breakfast recipes....will have to try them out first
Old 04-09-2014, 06:13 PM
theStudio CT

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...seroleweb.html

A little different casserole...this one does not contain eggs. I've never been a fan of eggs and bread in the other traditional breakfast casseroles so wanted to try this instead. All I needed to see was hash browns and bacon and I was sold.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:15 PM
theStudio CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysaint View Post
LOL...I'm with ya Marnie!! Love the colors Maurine! great job as always.
LOL!!! You know what, you have to be retired to appreciate that comment!!
Old 04-09-2014, 06:19 PM
theStudio CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine Stettler View Post
You "retirees" are making me a little jealous!! I must say, though, that I could eat breakfast/brunch food anytime of the day -- those are some of my favorite foods! : )
LOL...I am a retired teacher so I was able to retire earlier than those in the "business" world, I think. I retired 6 years before my hubby, who just retired last year at 63 and he was so jealous until he could retire too!!! It's your "second childhood." You get to do what you want, when you want!!Nice!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:10 PM
theStudio Monet

sigh....to do what you wanted when you want sounds awesome!! My husband is only 40, long way off before retiring and I work along side him when needed, which admittedly is overly often, but often enough. he is a plasterer (dry wall) I help him cut cornice and stick it up. so you can see why i would love to retire from that....I have been in retail my whole working life so this was something a little differerent

Old 04-09-2014, 11:08 PM
theStudio Designer

I cannot begin to tell you how much I admire anyone who can make sheetrock look good. It's the one "home improvement skill" my husband does not have, and I'm no good, either! I have learned to happily pay someone to do this type of work -- worth every penny! And yes -- I can totally see why you'd want to retire from that! : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootscrapper View Post
sigh....to do what you wanted when you want sounds awesome!! My husband is only 40, long way off before retiring and I work along side him when needed, which admittedly is overly often, but often enough. he is a plasterer (dry wall) I help him cut cornice and stick it up. so you can see why i would love to retire from that....I have been in retail my whole working life so this was something a little differerent

Old 04-10-2014, 01:39 PM
theStudio Picasso

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio...bled-eggs.html

Old 04-11-2014, 06:31 AM
theStudio CT

Here's mine