Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 02-17-2008, 07:53 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default I learned something today

Last night my 11 year old daughter begged to make a cake, from a mix, until I gave in. The resulting cake was extremely crummy, it wouldn't hold together at all. She denied leaving anything out, even re-read the instructions to me off the box. Today I went to get some eggs out of the refrigerator and noticed the entire dozen that I bought earlier in the week was still there. Ergo, she didn't put any eggs in the cake.

The cake tasted fine, it just dissolved into a mess of crumbs when touched with a fork. In a moment of inspiration, I tossed the whole thing in the freezer this afternoon and, tonight, when the kids asked what was for dessert, I pulled out the cake. It stayed together perfectly fine when frozen.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:52 AM
theStudio Picasso

It's amazing how we can salvage something - especially a dessert! Thanks for the tip.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:59 PM
SAS-y Girl

My trio has a tendency to turn everything into a mess of crumbs anyway- so this might just be the perfect recipe for me!

]

My SAS Gallery
Old 02-19-2008, 12:41 AM
SAS-y Gem

We don't usually forget the eggs since that is the only thing DD actually likes to do when we make a cake. Have to stop her from trying to crack all 12 into the bowl. This is one of those bits of information that will float in my brain and be a saving grace later on in life so thanks!