Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 05-18-2014, 08:03 AM
theStudio CT

Default Question about Deviant Art

Can someone explain this site to me? Is everything for sale or are there things that are free and you can just download? Are you allowed to use them in layouts? I love some of the stuff I see there, but just not sure on the rules and such. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:41 PM
theStudio Warhol

Default Re: Question about Deviant Art

I know a little about it, but not much. You can put your request in the search box just include the word Free at the beginning along with say brushes for a certain program or whatever you are looking for. Then everything in that category will load up. Then whom ever you pick will usually have his or hers TOU or Rules for using their Art or whatnot at the end of the descriptions. Just respect their wishes and don't tear their stuff to threads for profit or anything like that and you should be good to go. Oh and you should sign up it makes things a lot easier all around.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:52 PM
theStudio Picasso

I agree with Mary ... great site but signing up for a free membership allows you to see more. Many of the artist's TOUs will include a statement you are allowed to use them and post only to deviant art's site ... there are others which lead you to their blog rather than downloading on the deviant site ... make sure your virus software is updated first just in case....some will have a nominal fee for their bits and bobs. Being 'deviant arts' does come with artists who's taste is a bit different and sometimes shocking ... make sure their filter is on ... it should be unless you choose it otherwise ...they have many artists who share their brushes and other files as well...very cool site.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:44 PM
theStudio CT

Thanks so much! I will definitely become a member.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:50 AM
theStudio Warhol

they have a huge stock section - its great but each person has differnt requirements
some say only good to use at da others allow off site usage
some stock is good for commercial use others aren't
i am am member there and use many stock photos for my ct work. there are a lot of other scrapeprs who do so too.

for layouts only use things in stock section but agian you must read their stock usage rules.
ther are a few photograhers in photgraphy section that allow ct usage that i know of, for that you need to wrote them and ask. jsut because a photo in photgraphy sectioncan be downladoed doesnt mean you can use it.
Angelique's Scraps , Bee creations, Desclics, Ilonka's Scrapbook designs, JuliEnriquez Designs ,Kastagnette , kittyscrap , Laitha's Designs, Le petit Scrap, lins creations, mellye creations, Lady R designs, Pat's Scrap, S Designs, Sarayane, Scrap'Angie, E-scape and scrap, and Pickleberry pop
http://www.pinterest.com/zanthia5/
http://scrapstacks.com/zanthia
http://www.cooperslittlecorner.blogspot.com/
Old 05-21-2014, 12:25 PM
theStudio Designer

Location: Livermore, California -- home of the famous light bulb

I've been a member there for years ... and you definitely need to read the TOUs ... BUT if you really want to use something that sounds like you can't, try messaging the person and let them know what you want to use it for and many, if not all, usually say ok.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:54 AM
theStudio Picasso

This was very helpful for me as well.
I was thinking when there is a download link it is allowed to use it.
I will become a member asap ! Thanks a lot !

Helga

------------------
http://www.meineherzensdinge.npage.de