Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 06-13-2014, 03:40 PM
theStudio Warhol

Default Silhouette Cameo

I got a Silhouette Cameo for my birthday and want to make lots of fun things. Is there an easy way to search for kits for the Silhouette? I've tried a couple of things but they bring up different items. Would love to see everything you have.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:58 PM
theStudio Admin Team Member

Location: Livermore, California -- home of the famous light bulb
Default Re: Silhouette Cameo

I ADORE my Silhouette Cameo ... what sort of kit are you looking for? I buy a lot of my stuff from Amazon because I have a Prime membership (free 2 day shipping and I'm definitely impatient). The Silhouette site often has great sales, so be sure to subscribe to their site. I also subscribe to their blog ... some ideas I'll probably never try, but there a tons of wonderful ideas that I will probably never get a chance to try out.

I'm not really sure what you mean by kits, though. Do you want something that you can do a layout with? If so, you need to search for hybrid kits/supplies. Unfortunately, they're few and far between and not typically a coordinated kind of kit like one would get in the digi world or even traditional world (that's why it's called hybrid).

Hopefully, this will give you some ideas, but feel free to ask more.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:38 PM
theStudio Warhol

Hi Jill, thanks for the info. I was talking about kits or products by theStudio members. When I go to the store at try to search for items that are meant for use by the Silhouette I know I don't get a list of all the products available. I was wondering if there is a special word to use to search in the stores.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:49 AM
theStudio Scribbler

I usually try and search with the term "cut files" or "cutting files". I've only had mine since Christmas and there's so much to learn! I understand that you can use .png files but haven't learnt how to do that yet!
Old 06-16-2014, 12:10 AM
theStudio Admin Team Member

Location: Livermore, California -- home of the famous light bulb

The folks at Silhouette do not allow the designers to sell any files that have been saved in the Silhouette format.

I looked at the "hybrid" category and it really wasn't helpful. I also tried to search on the term 'cutting files' and that really didn't help.

I do know of 2 designers that create "cutting" files ... the first one is Carin Grobe Design and the other is Valentina's Creations. While the links are to their personal use stores, I would imagine that they have even more in their commercial use stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapPamela View Post
Hi Jill, thanks for the info. I was talking about kits or products by theStudio members. When I go to the store at try to search for items that are meant for use by the Silhouette I know I don't get a list of all the products available. I was wondering if there is a special word to use to search in the stores.