Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 02-24-2008, 11:57 AM
theStudio Picasso

Default I'm back!

Bet you didn't even notice I was gone. lol

You have no idea the panic I've been in since last night. All of a sudden I lost my internet connection. I called customer service and was on the phone over 2 hours with a technician, trying this and that. Finally he said it was my modem and he'd send me out a new one. I'd get it Wednesday or Thursday. Wednesday or Thursday! The newsletter goes out Wednesday. I have a race to run! NO WAY!

I thought about it and realized it can't be the modem. The modem was lighting up at all the right places. So I called back this morning and got someone else. He had me do some different things, and now it's working. It turns out that when I made some changes to my phone/internet package, which were supposed to go into effect Friday, they changed the protocol my modem used to communicate with the server. I have an older modem, so it wouldn't work with the new protocol. So I still need the new modem, but I'm okay until it gets here. Phew!

Did you miss me?
Old 02-24-2008, 03:07 PM
SAS-y Gem

Hmmm, who are you?

I think you are posting to the wrong board!

So glad you got it fixed. Isn't it funny what a panic we have when internet goes down? Mine went down for 2 days, I went crazy!:p

Old 02-24-2008, 03:35 PM
SAS-y Pearl

Glad you're back, Lori! I *would've* missed you, if I'd been online much the last couple of days.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:55 PM
theStudio Picasso

Heather, panic is a perfect description. I couldn't even sleep last night, I was so worried about it.