Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 03-07-2008, 08:40 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default My book came!

I just got the photo book I ordered from www.viovio.com and I can't recommend it highly enough! The book size is larger than the Shutterfly book, the quality is the same, or maybe even better (or that could just be because it's bigger), and the price was considerably less. I paid $45 with shipping for the Viovio book, the Shutterfly book would have been $93 before shipping.

Oh, and if you're thinking of ordering anything from Viovio, go with the cheapest shipping. I thought of upgrading to a "faster" shipping option for more money, but in the end went with the $1.99 rate, which they said could take 2-3 weeks. I got the notification on Monday night that my product shipped, and the book came today. I'm so glad I didn't spend the extra $$.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:06 AM
theStudio QC CT

Oh, more details please. What size did you get? How many pages? I recently ordered two books from Winkflash and was very pleased with the results for the price. The first book was 12x16 and was a wedding album. They no longer make the size, but I really liked the large book. Then they came out with a 10x8 size and as a special, offered one book, from 20-100 pages, for an introductory price of $19.95. I couldn't pass it up. It came out beautiful. The hard cover is not as nice as the shutterfly books, but the paper is archival quality and very nice. I originally was printing mine and home and putting them in scrapbook albums with plastic sleeves, but boy the ink was getting expensive. Then I found Sam's Club offered an 8x10 for $1.46, so I did that, but there are no scrapbooks that size. Having them printed in books is a very reasonable alternative.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:14 PM
theStudio Picasso

I have a question. When you order a book are they theme albums or random pages you made?? The reason I ask is cause I have plenty of unprinted LO's but not any theme like weddding or heritage etc.Wondering if I need to work on a theme first to complete before printing a book.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:18 PM
theStudio Picasso

I went with the 8.5x8.5 book because I scrap at 6x6. My computer can't handle 12x12. I did notice that some of my earlier LOs, done at 5x5, weren't as clear at this size, but the 6x6 came out great. The cover is just as nice as the Shutterfly book.

My book was 93 pages. I got hardcover, but they also offer a soft cover option in this size. They have a cover wrap option, so, if I had taken the time, I could have created an image to go from the front to the back covers of the book. Oh and they do have rectangular sizes too.

I was very tempted to go with the 10x10, but in the end didn't do it because I had concerns about the quality, and I'm glad I resisted the urge. That would have only added about $10 to the cost, if I remember correctly.

The one thing I found confusing at first was uploading the photos. They said you could make a .pdf document and upload it that way, but when I did that the 5x5 images printed smaller and I didn't like how that looked. I could do them one by one, but at 93 images, yikes! Besides it kept trying to create my book with each set of images I uploaded and I had a hard time figuring out how to edit it. What finally worked like a charm was renaming my LOs by page number and zipping them into a file. You upload that zip file in one of the image slots and it automatically unzips them and orders them by number. Once I figured it out, I was finished in minutes.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:23 PM
theStudio Picasso

I do mine by year, which is how I scrap. This book was 2006-2007. I was going to do each year in its own book, but then realized it was cheaper to combine them. And the book looks nice as a larger volume, with the two years in there, compared the free 20 page books I'd won from Shutterfly. So, since I'm scrapping backwards, I'll print my next book at 2004-2005, or just 2005 if I end up with too many pages to fit in one book. I believe I could have fit up to 140 pages in my book, but each book size has different specifications.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:14 AM
SAS-y Gem

I have a question! Do they print it on photo paper?

I just got back LOs printed on cardstock and they look a lot more realistic than LOs I have done on photo paper , so I am now a cardstock printing gal. I can't seem to see their prices either.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:32 PM
theStudio Picasso

No, it's not photo paper, but it's not cardstock either. It's not that stiff, since it would make the book too thick (I think). It's a good quality thicker paper though. It's kind of like it you have really good quality cook book with color pictures, that's the best comparison I can come up with . I wish there was a way to "show" you, but all you'd really get out of that were photos of the same LOs that are already in the gallery.

I found this here (http://www.viovio.com/wiki/Square+Photo+Books) at the Viovio website:
As always, Viovio offers professional results at a price that squelches the competition. Our softcover perfect-bound square books start at $4.99 plus $.25 per page, while our hardcovers start at $14.99 plus $.25 per page. Our exquisite 10" hardcover photo album starts at $14.99 plus $.40 per page. And the 12x12 hard cover memory album starts at $14.99 plus $.75 per page.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:26 PM
theStudio Picasso

Thanks Lori for the info.It is greatly appreciated