Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself! New to theStudio? Or been here a while but you've been lurking? Stop here and introduce yourself! Tell us how you got started in digiscraping or what you love about digiscraping - just anything you'd like to say! We'd love to welcome you to our community! Make sure to start a new thread so you don't get lost in a thread that is already there!! ;>)

Old 03-20-2008, 08:01 AM
SAS-y Scrapper

Default Welcome from Kentucky =)

Well, I'm Amanda, a total newbie at digital scrapbooking (and scrapping in general...lol). I love to play around with PSP...and I'm hoping to learn Photoshop CS3, in due time. This is my first scrapping forum I've joined, I've been busy browsing all the beautimous scrapping blogs out in cyberspace, and man, do I have a lot to learn...lol. I'm one of these people who wishes they can just automatically create this beautiful piece in my graphic program, and voila...instant success...lolol. But, i guess i should just face reality, and realize that...i'm just not that good...lololol. Thanks for having me, and I look forward to being able to participate...it all looks fun...but beware, lots of questions are to be had, believe me...lol =)
Old 03-20-2008, 08:33 AM
theStudio Picasso

Welcome Amanda!

Be sure to check out our Creating Layouts with SAS forum for hints and tips on how to create those "wow" layouts. I know when I first got started, I'd browse galleries and mark the layouts I liked so I could use them for inspiration. Templates are also a great way to get started. They take the hard part, sizing, positioning, etc., out of the layout and leave you the fun part, picking the paper and elements that make the layout yours.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:23 AM
theStudio Scribbler

Default Welcome

Amanda

Welcome glad to have you!! Being new at this is wonderful. Like a child with a new toy ....Ask all the questions you would like to . Im sure someone will have an answer. Enjoy
Old 03-20-2008, 09:45 AM
theStudio Monet

Welcome, Amanda! We're glad you found us. We were all "newbies" at one point. The thing I've learned is that I really enjoy the process of creating (and learning) as much as I do the final product. So have fun with it. I can't wait to see some of your layouts.

Oh, and if you do have specific questions, just post them in the forum. There are a lot of really helpful people around here.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:48 AM
SAS-y Diamond

Hi Amanda and welcome to SAS!

I'm so happy to hear that you chose us to be your very first scrapbooking site! With all the sites out there to choose from that is quite a compliment! Please make yourself right at home and join some of the wonderful and fun challenges. Besides the Learning Center that Lori mentioned there is a Newbie Frequently Asked Questions forum here. Be sure to check it out!

Janalyn's Place Blog