Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself! New to theStudio? Or been here a while but you've been lurking? Stop here and introduce yourself! Tell us how you got started in digiscraping or what you love about digiscraping - just anything you'd like to say! We'd love to welcome you to our community! Make sure to start a new thread so you don't get lost in a thread that is already there!! ;>)

Old 03-20-2008, 09:36 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Default Hello from Australia

Hi everyone .. Im Ilona from Australia .. I followed a few friends and have lurked for a little while and now I thought it time I revealed myself and posted.

Im a computer nerd having worked in the IT industry for over 20 years. Im currently an IT System Admin for a large agency. I served Queen and Country for 8 years (Navy) and then found my life drawn back to my home city, Adelaide.

Im a very crafty person - Ive dabbled in sewing, cross stitch, needlepoint, embroidery, jewellery making, paper based and digital scrapbooking and Im an enthusiast photo editor and digital drawing (just bought a new Bamboo Fun graphics tablet). Most of these crafts I still do .. when I find a spare 5 seconds ol: Im also a (terrible) hack poet .. I try but Im sure others find my writings trying.. HAHA.

Im married with two girls - 16 and 3! Have two furbabies, sasha our dog, riaow our cat. We've had a menagerie of animals in the past but we've slowly reduced that to our special loves.

I joined SAS because one of my favourite designers moved here .. Beckie Wallace. I havent left my other site as I love it there too. Hopefully I'll be able to spread myself (even thinner) between the two, complete lots of challenges and, god willing, perhaps share some of my own freebies if theyre worthy (at the moment I only have templates and alphas but Im slowly building it up).

So hello from me, I look forward to getting to know some more people over time. Hopefully my sense of humour wont get me into trouble

Last edited by shira; 03-20-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:14 PM
theStudio Monet

Hi Ilona, we're so happy Beckie's following is coming out to play, especially the "lurkers!" Looking forward to getting to know you better!
Old 03-20-2008, 11:29 PM
theStudio Scribbler

thanks Darlene .. do you know if Im allowed to post my existing layouts .. even if they were created for challenges 'elsewhere' ?? Im not asking to enter them in challenges here .. just populate my gallery

Old 03-21-2008, 03:22 AM
theStudio Picasso

Default Hi Ilona!

You may certainly post your layouts here ~ go for it! We welcome any and all scrappers and most of the challenges allow for scrapping with materials from other than SAS designers. I'm allowing that in my Freestyle Challenge just for the month of March, actually, so you are welcome to go on over and have a look-see.
Again ~ a hearty G'Day to you from another Aussie resident, this one's from Victoria. See you around!
Old 03-21-2008, 03:28 PM
SAS-y Diamond

Hi Ilona and welcome to SAS!
Yes definitely you may post those LO's in your gallery here! We'd love to see them! Happy to hear that you plan to jump right in and get involved!

Janalyn's Place Blog
Old 03-21-2008, 03:54 PM
theStudio Picasso

Hi Ilona, welcome to SAS. We'd love to see your LOs, not matter what they were created for. Upload away.

When I have time to actually scrap (lol), I like to challenge myself by seeing how many challenges I can satisfy with one LO. So I'll do a font challenge from one board, using a template for a challenge at another, and maybe the colors required for a third. You get the picture. The most I've ever done was 5 challenges with one layout. It's kind of a geeky thing to get stoked about, but I'm easily amused. You should be able to juggle our challenges with those at the other board. And ours are well worth it, since our challenge gifts coordinate to make a huge mega kit!
Old 03-22-2008, 02:59 AM
theStudio Scribbler

Thanks for the welcome .. its been awesome. Ive my eye on some challenges already but being Easter, Im sorta spending time with my family (something I dont normally do )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori11941 View Post
When I have time to actually scrap (lol), I like to challenge myself by seeing how many challenges I can satisfy with one LO. So I'll do a font challenge from one board, using a template for a challenge at another, and maybe the colors required for a third. You get the picture. The most I've ever done was 5 challenges with one layout. It's kind of a geeky thing to get stoked about, but I'm easily amused. You should be able to juggle our challenges with those at the other board. And ours are well worth it, since our challenge gifts coordinate to make a huge mega kit!
Oh cool .. I wasnt sure of the rules there .. really appreciate you volunteering this .. it does make things a little easier

and dont worry - I get stoked about geeky things like that too .. just two days ago I bought a bamboo fun graphics tablet so I can do my own text paths, elements and other stuff .. today I bought a 'how to draw funky stuff' book .. LOL!