Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived General > Learning Center and Software Solutions > Newbie Frequently Asked Questions

Old 04-04-2008, 09:10 AM
SAS-y Pebble

Default Gallery Problems

I can't get my photo to upload!! Is anyone else having a problem? I have uploaded to other sites but everytime I clik upload it says processing image and then goes to an error page! Help?

Thanks

Old 04-04-2008, 11:41 AM
theStudio Picasso

It sounds to me like it might be a file size problem. How large is the image? I'm not referring so much to the KB as the pixel size. Try shrinking it down, and if that doesn't work, give us another holler.

By the way, I recently found out about an awesome FREE program for reducing photo images. It's called PixResizer (just Google it). The quality difference is incredible. I've resized photos using both that program and PSP and the PSP file is pixelated, while the PixResizer image is nice and clear. I have to reduce all the photos I send to my grandparents because they can't handle an image that doesn't fit neatly within the email message (I'm just grateful they know how to open the email at all, lol), and my grandmother couldn't get over how much clearer the pictures were.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:43 AM
theStudio Picasso

I had problems when I first started here too. My problem was that my files were too large. Make sure your image file is no larger than 500 x 500 (pixels) and the the file size is no larger than 200kb to see if that helps.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:00 AM
SAS-Y Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyofthethorns View Post
I had problems when I first started here too. My problem was that my files were too large. Make sure your image file is no larger than 500 x 500 (pixels) and the the file size is no larger than 200kb to see if that helps.
Actually the file images should be no larger than around 125 -130.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:58 AM
SAS-y Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbles7195 View Post
I can't get my photo to upload!! Is anyone else having a problem? I have uploaded to other sites but everytime I clik upload it says processing image and then goes to an error page! Help?

Thanks
If you are receiving error messages then it is not a file size problem. I will PM you to get more information and hopefully get this resolved.

Janalyn's Place Blog
Old 05-11-2008, 11:13 PM
SAS-y Pebble

Question Same problem

I seem to be having the same problem, instead of uploading the file it sends me to an error page. Please help!

Last edited by AbAllen; 05-12-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:37 PM
SAS-y Pebble

Default Problem Uploading

I am a 'newbie' and am stuck! I came upon this thread and assume it is a good place to start.

I have uploaded a few scrap pages and had no problem whatsoever. Yesterday, I uploaded a page. I inadvertently grabbed my large file rather than the one that I saved specifically to upload. Of course, I got an error message and I knew why. I tried uploading again several times without any success. My file size is
500 X 500 (61.4kb) and I continue to get an error message. It shows that I have 2 photos in the queue. Please help!

Thank you,
marylc

Error Message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9600 bytes) in /home/stoneacc/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 102

Last edited by marylc; 06-01-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:47 AM
SAS-y Pebble

Default Still Having Problem

I tried to upload two more scrap pages tonight without success. The pages are within the stated guidelines. I get an error message each time. No participation for me...:-(
Old 06-02-2008, 06:36 AM
theStudio Picasso

I'm sure the designers won't hold it against you if the problem was the layouts were in queue.

Here's the problem as it's been explained to me. When you try to upload an image that's too large, it sits there in the queue even though it can't upload. Then, everything you try to upload after it gets stuck behind it (think Augustus Gloop in the tube on Willy Wonka). So we just need to clear the tube, and you'll be fine.

Now if only I can remember how to clear the tube. lol. Janalyn knows how to do this and I need to get the kids to school. But if she hasn't beaten me to the punch, I'll look into it when I get back. PM me with the challenges you were trying to upload and I'll make sure the designers know what happened.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:31 PM
SAS-y Pebble

Default Sorry for the inconvenience

I feel like such a dork! I will make sure that I never do it again...
Live and Learn!!
Old 06-02-2008, 03:11 PM
theStudio Picasso

I think I figured it out, I got Augustus out of the tube. lol. Give it a try now.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:18 PM
SAS-y Pebble

Default Thanks

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I promise to be careful about sizing...
I'll try to upload one now. Thanks again.
marylc
Old 06-11-2008, 09:39 PM
SAS-y Diamond

Hi Marylc,
I am glad that Lori was able to help you! Please don't worry about it being an inconvenience. It happens. We are here to help!

Janalyn's Place Blog