Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself! New to theStudio? Or been here a while but you've been lurking? Stop here and introduce yourself! Tell us how you got started in digiscraping or what you love about digiscraping - just anything you'd like to say! We'd love to welcome you to our community! Make sure to start a new thread so you don't get lost in a thread that is already there!! ;>)

Old 04-18-2008, 02:43 AM
theStudio Monet

Default Hi from Montana!

I just started Digital Scrapbooking in January. I was searching for clipart on the net one day and got lucky! I got a link to a Digital Scrapbook site. I have been addicted ever since!

I love jasjuls Animals of the Zoo Collection! I have them all to this point and asked her if she would make a wolf for me... she's making it!!! Our dog is a hybrid Wolf. Part Wolf part German Shepard. I love wolves! He's a really smart dog... most of the time! When he was a puppy he protected our neighbor from a pack of 5 dogs attacking her. He broke his cable... it's heavy duty too! He chased the dogs off and smacked them into the air... he didn't hurt them just let them know they better not come around again! He knew he was an alpha early. One of our cats had kittens and we were afraid of what he would do with them... we soon found out he is the biggest softy!!! You could see in his eyes if he could talk he would have said Oooh they are so adorable!!! He let them crawl all over him. We kept one of the kittens and because of his giant playmate he loves to "play" with dogs... actually beat them up... the bigger the better! When we were getting him fixed at the vet they accidentally let him out of his cage and he attacked a police dog (German Shepard) that was there! The police dog didn't know what hit him! We have 4 cats. One was a wild cat I tamed... sort of! The wild cat still hides when anyone besides me is around. I tried to take her to the vet and decided when she made hamburger of my stomach and arms that, that wasn't a good idea!!! The other 2 cats are both beautiful females that think they are the Queen of the house! I sometimes think they enjoy fighting with each other as much as possible! All the animals think I am their person... so sometimes I have 3 cats on me (the two Queens won't get on me at the same time) and the dog at my feet! I have a way with animals... I know what they think and say... must be a gift. I had a rabbit, I was so allergic to it that she had to stay in her cage. I felt so awful, but I had to give her away. I found a wonderful home for her and get updates on how she's doing all the time so I am happy for her. I want to get a calf and raise it. Cows can actually make great pets... when you have the room! We do. I could never raise any animal and eat it!!! It would live a long full spoiled life with me! If you can't tell by now I am deffinately an animal lover and would have a zoo if I could afford it!!!

I am married and have 2 children. My husband is handicapped and I had to quit my job to help him more. Our son is 25. He is in the Idaho National Gaurd. He is a veteran of the Iraq war and is currently stationed in Afghanistan. Our daughter is a sophomore in High School. She is a self proclaimed "band geek". She just got back from Disney World. Her High School band went there for a compition. They got first place and had a wonderful time! She brought back over 700 photos so I will be scrapping these photos for a very long time!
Old 04-18-2008, 05:32 AM
SAS-y Pearl

So happy to have you here at SAS! I'm an animal lover too .. I have 2 pugs, Lilly and Max Sounds like you have lots of pics to scrap! Can't wait to see some of your layouts!

Visit My Blog for freebies and fun!
Come shop in my SAS-y Boutique

Old 04-18-2008, 08:47 AM
theStudio Designer

Smile

OOH Montana,
That has always been a place I would have liked to visit, it sure looks beautiful!
WOW! what an amazing story about the dog pack! Yeah, I would have been pretty happy with that dog too!

I have a niece and nephew (both in their early 20's) stationed in the Idaho National Guard. Near Boise I believe and my nephew was in Afghanistan too.. what a small world!
Welcome to SAS!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Old 04-18-2008, 09:28 AM
theStudio Monet

Welcome to SAS! You must be so proud of your son. Please thank him on my behalf!

One of my boys (now a senior) is also a self-proclaimed, proud band geek. They just took 2nd place at the Monterey Jazz Festival. Our band has traveled world-wide - Japan, China, and they'll be going to Australia over the summer. I can't believe it's his last year (although he'll become a music major, it's not the same thing...) and it makes me a little sad. You can read more about him on my blog - he's the kid I write the most about only because he's the busiest and gives me a lot more fodder to talk about.

Glad you found us, you're going to love it here.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:24 PM
theStudio Picasso

Hi, Welcome to SAS! I can't wait to see some of your layouts. It sounds like you've got lots of scrapping to do.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:22 PM
SAS-y Diamond

Hi there!
Was a happy little accident that you found Digiscrapping!! It IS so addictive~!~ Looking forward to seeing you build your gallery here at SAS!

Janalyn's Place Blog