Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 07-16-2008, 03:09 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Question Help with organizing

I am trying to figure out the easiest program to use to organize my scrapbook stuff, any suggestions? I was thinking about using Picasa, I know how to make a album but I don't know how to make a sub folder under that album. Does anyone know how? or is there an easier program I tried to use ACDSee but it is not that easy. Any suggestions out there?
Old 07-16-2008, 03:16 PM
theStudio Picasso

I use a free database program by Sierra called File Amigo. I've got columns for a preview, kit name, designer, colors and keywords. I enter the colors of the kit in the colors column, and other features like "school, Christmas, zoo" in the keywords. I can do a quick search that will bring up kits in a specific color or category, then click on the thumbnail to see the full sized preview.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:02 PM
SAS-y Diamond

Hi,
Picasa is really a very easy program to use because it is really just a viewer type program. You can create new folders either in Windows Explorer (PC) or in Picasa (File>Add New Folder to Picasa). It will automatically find any new folders created in Windows Explorer so you don't have to worry about finding them and any folders created in Picasa are viewable in Explorer. There are 2 ways to view folders in Picasa - one is alphabetically by folder name and the other is by the file structure that you have already set up in Explorer. This is the view that I prefer. I keep all kits together in their own folder. I have many of them in folders by designer and by store but recently I have created Theme folders and have moved many of them. Example: Theme_Patriotic; Theme_Spring; Theme_Summer; Theme_Christmas, etc. A big problem with Picasa and scrapbooking is that is doesn't handle .png files very well. It tries to put a background of some kind where it should be transparent and they look really funky but it still works to be able to view a large collection of kits by many designers and from many stores and in many themes.

Picasa is free so that is another plus!!!

Hope this was helpful...

Janalyn's Place Blog