Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself! New to theStudio? Or been here a while but you've been lurking? Stop here and introduce yourself! Tell us how you got started in digiscraping or what you love about digiscraping - just anything you'd like to say! We'd love to welcome you to our community! Make sure to start a new thread so you don't get lost in a thread that is already there!! ;>)

Old 08-21-2008, 05:16 AM
theStudio Artist

Default Hi from the frozen northland!

Hello:

My name is Carla and my sign in is cjpeterson38. I am very new to digital scrapbooking and am loving it.
I think I have finally found what I want to do when I grow up!

I want to be a digital designer. What a challenge! I know so little, it will take forever.

Way back in the stone age I started to try to get my photos all together so I could manually scrap them into expensive albums. Thinking I was really going to get into this, I started selling Creative Memories.

Well, to make a long story short, I bought everything in sight and started on my project. What a mess. It took me hours to get everything together and cut out all the pieces and then. . . I didn't have a piece of paper I needed, there was a mess on the kitchen table, dh was due home from work expecting dinner so I put it all away. And forgot about it!

When I discovered Digital scrapbooking I was so excited that sometimes I have trouble sleeping. However, everything is such a mystery. How do we get a lo (layout) uploaded (loaded on the gallery) small enough to accept it. What do all these terms mean?

I am finally getting to know how to do a few of these things, even though I still have trouble more often than not. This has been a great experience! And. . . no mess on the table.

Ofcourse, I am kind of semi-retired. I only work one to three days a week outside the home and am gone 10 hours on those days. I am 70 years young and growing younger every day. Have been married 51 1/2 years to a wonderful man, we had 5 children, 4 are still living. They blessed us with 8 grandchildren, 5 were gifts we recieved when their parents married our children and 3 God blessed us with. We have just been blessed with a Great-Grandson and we are very pleased.

We live in Alaska and I want you to know, it is not always dark or light, depending on the time of year. It is not as cold as Amarillo, TX on most days' in the winter where we are. We love it here and have lots of friends that we grew up with. We are losing quite a few to old age but most are still healthy.

I am going to go and get back to learning how to do all these things digitially. I am having a blast!

Last edited by [email protected]; 08-21-2008 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Adding info
Old 08-21-2008, 07:48 AM
SAS-y Lady

Hello Carla ! My name is Marzena .
Welcome to SAS !

Blog / Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Google+
Old 08-21-2008, 07:55 AM
theStudio Picasso

Hi Carla, welcome to SAS. I have to say you sound like a really fun addition to our group. I was smiling and nodding along to your paper scrapbooking stories. lol.

If you have any questions on how to do something, just ask. We've got a great group here and someone will be able to help you out.

As for resizing pictures, I found a great, free, program called Pix Resizer. I just use it to save my layouts at 500 x 500 pixels and they're all set to upload to any gallery. Here's a link where you can get it:

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

It's very easy to use.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:05 AM
SAS-y Pearl

Wink

Hello Carla !
It was a pleasure (I'm not sure of this word) to read you ! Hope to see your LO soon !
Pat

Last edited by scrapapat; 08-21-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:06 AM
Super SAS-y Moderator

Hi Carla and Welcome to SAS! I read you introduction with much interest. I can totally relate to the paper scrapping story and all of the mess to be put away. (Some of my family actually prefer traditional and I'm trying to learn to do hybrid scrapping for them My son is moving to Barrow in just about a month and he is very excited. Anyway, Welcome again and I'll look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Hugs,
JanW.

View My Gallery Visit My Blog
Old 08-21-2008, 01:22 PM
SAS-y Diamond

Welcome aboard Carla!!! You have definitely found the right site to begin your digi scrap adventure. I think I saw your name on Layout Design Challenge thread, but if I'm wrong be SURE you join that challenge!!! You'll learn more during the month long "lessons" than you'd learn on your own in the big, bad scrapping world...lol.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:40 PM
theStudio Designer

Welcome to SAS Carla,
I so enjoyed your intro, I have always wanted to visit Alaska. Hope you enjoy your stay and look forward to seeing your work
Hugs
Cathy

Old 08-21-2008, 01:43 PM
theStudio Monet

Hi Carla
Can't wait to watch you grow in this wonderful Craft that creates treasures for Generations to come. I bet you have some stories to tell.
Just remeber to save a copy of your hard work in a file large enough to print for your family! Plus you will need to save a copy small enough to upload here so we can tell you what a Great Job you did!
Have fun & see you around.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:32 PM
theStudio Picasso

Welcome to SAS Carla !
Old 08-22-2008, 06:23 PM
theStudio Picasso

Welcome to SAS Carla! Stick with it here at SAS and I'm sure you'll get into the swing of things soon enough. Everyone here is so willing to teach and share that I'm sure you'll find help with anything you encounter along the way.

I'm sure that most everyone who has read your introduction found themselves relating to what you were saying about the paper scrapping - I related to that too - but the one thing that stood out the most for me was your phrasing 'we had 5 children, 4 are still living'. I understand. I am the mother of 2 children, 1 is still living.

I look forward to seeing your creations here at SAS and I hope you have lots of fun here.

MY PERSONAL BLOG (life after a CVA)
Old 08-25-2008, 04:30 PM
theStudio Monet

Hello and welcome to SAS Carla. I know you'll love the time you spend here.