Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > SAS-y Birthday Bash > Design Academy News

Old 09-02-2008, 03:47 PM
theStudio Picasso

Gosh, I gotta think alittle harder about maybe signing up for this class. I am on a CT team & it sure would help my designer if I understood better how things work-to make blinkies, banners etc. this class would be good for Ct's too!!

Old 09-02-2008, 03:55 PM
theStudio Designer

Smile more info...

Amberpony I am running Windows XP on my pc. :-)

Joba2 Yes, I plan on having a rotating course schedule with newer sessions starting every 2 weeks to a month apart. (depending on the class sizes) Thanks so much for your kind and encouraging comments! :-)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Old 09-02-2008, 04:29 PM
theStudio Designer

Smile Course Available for purchase now! :-)

http://www.stoneaccentsstudio.com/st...oducts_id=1682

Old 09-02-2008, 08:28 PM
theStudio Artist

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkrapperDigitals View Post
Wooo Hooo! I did it I signed-up! I agree with Joba2 that even though I have never wanted to be a designer there is still a lot of information that would be very useful to me in my web design pursuits and my own scrapping needs.

I can't wait to get started
Old 09-02-2008, 09:01 PM
theStudio Designer

Default Awesome!

Yayyy Cindyrelly!! I can't wait to see you in 'class' !! :-)

Old 09-03-2008, 12:04 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkrapperDigitals View Post
Karne and Darlingina, I had listed the first session as starting on the First, but since the Birthday bash opening was the same day I think I will give it a few days (until the 7th) to let others to see and join in, with the first class starting on the 8th and, kimberkatt, the course will be set up on a rotating schedule with new sessions starting every 2 weeks. Yes, Amberpony, PS7 will be perfect :-) (in fact that is exactly what I design with :-)
AWESOME!!!! I will definitely be taking this course after the holidays!!! I just got PS7 as an early b-day gift, I'm so excited! I've been working with PSE5, so I have to better acquaint myself with all the new features in PS7! Thank you so much for offering this course, Sherah!
Old 09-03-2008, 01:45 PM
theStudio Designer

Default That will be great!

I look forward to seeing you in the class, what a great birthday gift that was, btw! :-) awesome! :-)

Old 09-03-2008, 03:13 PM
theStudio Monet

Smile

Well I will talk to DH again tonight and see if I can get PS7 going again in my old Laptop. I really want to do this. Heres to hoping I don't kill the old Laptop in the process :p

Hope to be signing up tomarrow.

A Friend wants to pay for the class.
But life happened big time today and the old laptop that runs PS7 is reminding me why I got a new Puter last fall.
I am going to give that old timer another talking to and see what tomarrow brings There is still time to sign up right.

Last edited by Amberpony; 09-04-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:40 PM
SAS-y Gem

I'm all signed up and paid and SO excited!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:51 AM
theStudio Artist

Well, I'm signed up.....let's see how far I can get with PSE. I still don't understand something. Is PS7 an older version of the CS2/3? I searched photoshop but only saw Elements and CS3. Maybe I should look into PSP as I can't afford the CS2/3 software. Looking forward to the class! Will email you later after I check my Yahoo Messenger. Haven't used it in ages. I always use AOL messenger.

LOL! I'm in the eastern panhandle of WV, Skrapper! How far away are you? I may need you standing over my shoulder on this. LOL!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:16 AM
theStudio Party Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2BNGdHope View Post
Well, I'm signed up.....let's see how far I can get with PSE. I still don't understand something. Is PS7 an older version of the CS2/3? I searched photoshop but only saw Elements and CS3. Maybe I should look into PSP as I can't afford the CS2/3 software. Looking forward to the class! Will email you later after I check my Yahoo Messenger. Haven't used it in ages. I always use AOL messenger.

LOL! I'm in the eastern panhandle of WV, Skrapper! How far away are you? I may need you standing over my shoulder on this. LOL!
Yes, PS7 is an older version of PhotoshopCS. I just purchased mine about 2 weeks ago through e-bay for about $90 plus shipping.... best deal I found, I couldn't pass it up!! It doesn't have all the extra features that CS has, but as a starting point, it's perfect!! And, I've heard that many designers create on PS7!! I've been using PSE5, which is a great program, but I wanted something that worked a little better with actions, curves & channels! PSE5 doesn't offer these options, unless you do a little "reprogramming" or buy plug-ins!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:33 AM
theStudio Monet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberkatt View Post
Yes, PS7 is an older version of PhotoshopCS. I just purchased mine about 2 weeks ago through e-bay for about $90 plus shipping.... best deal I found, I couldn't pass it up!! It doesn't have all the extra features that CS has, but as a starting point, it's perfect!! And, I've heard that many designers create on PS7!! I've been using PSE5, which is a great program, but I wanted something that worked a little better with actions, curves & channels! PSE5 doesn't offer these options, unless you do a little "reprogramming" or buy plug-ins!

When you get PS7 down you can use it to upgrade to CS3 for just $200. So that was $90 well Spend. Congrats
I was looking at mine last night and Wow I had forgotten all the great goodies in it.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:37 AM
theStudio Monet

Well I want this class so bad I can taste it!
I even have someone to pay for it & DS is going to try & fix the old laptop that runs PS7
But Life happened Big Time and I have to wait. :eek: Hopefully just until the next one.

Please PM me with the next 2 start dates so I can figure out the soonest I can join in!

Diana
Old 09-06-2008, 12:28 PM
theStudio Picasso

If I am not mistaken PaintShopPro does about 95% or more of what the full version of Photoshop does for only $100 vs $600 or more.Is this correct?

Old 09-06-2008, 12:52 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberpony View Post
When you get PS7 down you can use it to upgrade to CS3 for just $200. So that was $90 well Spend. Congrats
I was looking at mine last night and Wow I had forgotten all the great goodies in it.

:eek: Are you kidding?!! I had no idea I could use it to upgrade to CS for so little $$$!! I guess that was a good decision after all!! Now to convince my DH!! ROFL!! :p
Old 09-06-2008, 01:06 PM
SAS-y Pebble

WOW! I definitely want to do this course, but I didn't quite understand if it is being offered for PSP yet or just PS7. I use PSP9, is the up and coming course on the 8th going to be compatible with PSP?

-Autumn
Old 09-06-2008, 01:45 PM
theStudio Designer

Smile :-)

Catsrul I am working with a PSP knowledgeable assistant who will be 'translating' the information in the course for me as well as answering some questions that you may yes, it should be PSP friendly by the 8th. :-) Amberpony The next available course dates will be October 6th and November 10th
O2BNGdHope I am in the North Central WV region (Marion/Harrison Co.)
Glad to see another Mountaineer! LOL :-)

Old 09-06-2008, 02:23 PM
theStudio Picasso

I've never used CS or PS, so I can't compare, but I love my PSPX2, and we got it super cheap, around $35. My sister searched for OEM versions, which is the same software, but without the big box and the thick manual, and then ordered copies for all the main computers, since the price was so good. I'd been using PSP 8, so I was already familiar with the software, but Diane never used it before. I found the manual at the library for her, and she never even opened it. She was able to figure everything out by just playing around and using the help screens.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:05 PM
SAS-y Pebble

Ok, I went ahead and signed up through the store, downloaded messenger and sent Sherah an email. I'm so excited! Can't wait!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:29 AM
SAS-y Scrapper

Hello all...

well I have signed up also... this looks like a great way to learn ....