Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > SAS-y Birthday Bash > Next SAS-y Lady Contest

Old 09-12-2008, 04:30 PM
theStudio Designer

Ah Kaphlooey!! I just went to make something and it has metal on it!! Wonder if I could do it coloured plastic instead LOL Just kidding, wouldn't be good

I also just noticed that we can't look at the bottom of the front page of the forum to see who's online anymore. WELL I Can't anyway, it has the newest member and the birthdays but not the ones online. You can see if you go into Forum Leaders but I guess that is only if the higher posters are on and I liked it the other way where you could see at a glance if someone was on that you had a question for then you could just pm them and voila instant reply.

You girls will have to put up with my silly mood now, I am on my 26th hour now since sleep and still going like a bat out of ****. Thanks meatloaf!!

I better not do my previews until after sleep, me thinks hee hee.
Okay what can I make that has no metal. Plastic Paperclips!!!Hmmm!!
Will check back again soon. I don't get INSTANT email notification at the moment, think it's cause of all the traffic on the site, so I just check back now and then.
Toodles

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer ~ QC Liason

Old 09-12-2008, 04:37 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Some Answers

My head it spinning from all of your questions…LOL. Lori did a good job of covering most of them and Tracy, thanks for explaining cluster elements and Mistybelle & Ambowife thanks for taking care of the QP explanation.

I am thrilled at the response to the palette, I think a good palette is the start of a good kit so you all should have fun working with this one.

The clusters count as an element but I don’t think the QPs qualify, but it is not a big deal either way.

Metals, when I give the Design Team the palette for our Mega Kits, I include a metal or plastic style that they can use if they want to but it is not required. I didn’t address metal in these rules because I just thought of that as being a decision you would make on what elements you wanted to include, so using metal is entirely up to you and any elements that you make from metal would count towards the min/max.

As for Commercial Use item, I said they must have been purchased but I should have said that they could be freebies, the intent of including that is if you use CU items you must have acquired legitimately whether by purchasing them or getting them from the designer as a freebie. There is such a serious problem with some people not respecting designers’ rights and here at SAS as at most sites piracy will not be tolerated whether it is a CU product or a personal use item.

Black and white- Yes, Brown- NO, it is not on the palette. In the palette I give there are tints and shades of the colors but you can go lighter or darker as long as it is the same hue (color.)

Previews- You can make the previews any way you want. You can preview all of your papers on one and elements on another or you can mix and match. I included the requirement to make two because making a good preview is a skill and it can make or break a kit. In a contest a good preview can make the difference between getting a vote or not since some people will not open the kits right away, they will judge the kit by the previews.

My DD Beth is home of leave for the weekend and my in-laws are coming for dinner tonight so I have to scoot but I will check back in tonight.

Owner - Stone Accents Studio

My Blog
Old 09-12-2008, 04:50 PM
SAS-y Pebble

Thanks for clearing that up hon. I know I wondered how to get by without using a staple or any other item like that so I'm glad that's an optional thing. Better to let us decide I'm sure than to make it a mandatory item. Off to keep creating and thanks again!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:22 PM
theStudio Designer

Yay thanks Julie that cleared a lot up for me. I can have the zipper I made woohoo!! I ended up making one with and one without metal, guess which one looks better LOL.
Okay off to finish of the elements
Enjoy your DD's leave!!!
Hugs
Tracy

~~ Tracy ~~

Old 09-12-2008, 08:16 PM
SAS-y Gem

Location: Originally from Edinburgh, Scotland - now lving in Pensacola, Florida

Thanks Julie - that answered my question! Woohoo...look out metal - here I come!

Old 09-13-2008, 09:39 AM
theStudio Artist

I finally finished the kit, it took me a while to make. Had suchs luck that hubbie and the kids aren't here today, except the little one, but i can work around her.
Photoshop crashed a couple of times, because of these large filesad: so some parts i had to redo.
It's still uploading but within the hour it will be up in the gallery, YEAH
Old 09-13-2008, 04:34 PM
theStudio Picasso

Wow welldone on getting your kit done..no such luck here with no kids, but have been working flat out at night when they are in bed!
Old 09-13-2008, 06:05 PM
SAS-y Pebble

Just wanted to wish you all good luck. Not sure if I'll be able to get mine done. I've come down with the flu and I don't know if I'll be better in time

My blog:

Old 09-13-2008, 06:23 PM
theStudio Designer

Oh NO Islandgirl, quick run out and get some codrol. That's aweful, I hope it's just a 1 day thing and you can still get your kit done, or even the minimum quantity so you'll still be in the voting!!
Get well super soon Hun
Hugs
Tracy

~~ Tracy ~~

Last edited by Ambowife Designs; 09-13-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:27 PM
theStudio Owner

I am amazed at all you ladies! I can't believe some of you are done already. I came to look up some answers & got sucked in reading posts, LOL. Way to procrastinate.

WOW!

my email
Old 09-13-2008, 10:43 PM
theStudio Artist

Great colors - i can't wait to see!

Wife to one Amazing Man, Mom to 3 beautiful blessings.
My Scrap Blog | Alabama Moms

Old 09-14-2008, 09:04 AM
theStudio Artist

If you don't obide the rules with the amount of papers or elements, what happens then?
Old 09-14-2008, 09:24 AM
SAS-y Gem

Location: Originally from Edinburgh, Scotland - now lving in Pensacola, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
If you don't obide the rules with the amount of papers or elements, what happens then?
I would guess that if some doesn't follow any of the rules of the challenge then they would be eliminated from the contest, even if they get high enough votes????

Old 09-14-2008, 11:52 AM
theStudio Warhol

there is so much that goes into being a designer - votes (popularity) is such a small aspect. Being able to create within parameters is another. For example, when creating a collaborative, don't want one designer to overwhelm the kit - everyone contributes a certain amount.
There are many, many more aspects to designing that this contest does not measure.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:19 PM
theStudio Picasso

Quote:
The rules were well defined in this round, so there's no excuse for not abiding by them. Being able to cooperate and work as a team is just as important as being able to design well.

We've got a great group of designers here at SAS that are not only very talented, but they all work and play well together. It's important to us that any new additions are also able to work within a team dynamic.

If your creativity moves you to create more than the allotted number of pieces, you're more than welcome to offer an add-on on your blog. Many designers did that in last year's contest.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:23 PM
theStudio Artist

I do have an add-on, but i saw in the gallery atleast one that had more in the kit then the rules statet, thats why i asked.

Do have to say that's it's great fun being here and creating!
Old 09-14-2008, 04:53 PM
theStudio Picasso

Quote:
I do have an add-on, but i saw in the gallery atleast one that had more in the kit then the rules statet, thats why i asked.

Do have to say that's it's great fun being here and creating!
i just had a quick browse of the gallery, and I cant see any kits that are over 20 papers/elements? But then again I went to bed very late last night and do where glasses and my partner says im blind as a bat lol...

owow i go to bed and so many awsome kits pop on ..cant wait to see the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 05:56 PM
theStudio Designer

I have been looking at the beautiful kits that everyone has designed going to be so hard to choose.
I have a question on the QP is it to be on a preview of its own instead of in the kit preview. ALso should the qp have a picture with it or just the QP alone on the preview. Just some question that have been asked of me and I did not know the answers LOL
Have a great weekend all
Hugs
Ellen
Old 09-14-2008, 06:08 PM
theStudio Picasso

I had originally done a separate preview for the quick page as my second preview, but then, when I was about to upload, I saw that may of the kits had three previews and I thought perhaps the quick page preview didn't count.. The rules stated two previews, but they did not say we couldn't do more, so I did one for the papers to be sure I had the two required. If that's a violation, I'll gladly take the papers preview down. It's not in my downloads, just the one for the whole kit and the one for the quick page.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:15 PM
theStudio Warhol

Quote:
I do have an add-on, but i saw in the gallery at least one that had more in the kit then the rules stated, thats why i asked.
I think what you are seeing is the recolors and recolors don't count.