Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Events > SAS-y Birthday Bash > Next SAS-y Lady Contest

Old 09-19-2008, 02:14 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Round 2 Winner Explanation, Please Read!

I just want to make sure that everyone understands how we ended up with the results in round 2. It was brought to my attention that 3 kits had too many elements so I downloaded them and counted. If you look at the attached screen shots you will see all of the elements in those kits with an explanation of the counts. As I said in my post yesterday, my original instructions did not specify whether or not clusters and QPs counted. The questions about whether or not clusters and QPs were part of the 20 maximum were asked and answered later in the thread. I really feel that it creates a problem when questions are asked and answered later in a thread because everyone does not have time to keep coming back and checking things so they design their kits on what they read originally, plus with such an international forum English in not always the first language of many members so it is easy to misunderstand.

There was also a situation with contestants ScrappinDiva and (Designs by) Moo, they had posted their previews but then they removed them because they wanted to ask me something first. They emailed me but for some reason some of the “Contact Us” emails went to my junk folder so ScrappinDiva and Moo did not receive an answer until the day before vote closed. I told them that they could put their previews in, Scrappin Diva got hers in and received enough votes to move on but Moo did not get hers in. I know that the rules said that that the previews had to be in by 6 pm on Monday but since it was my fault for not checking my junk folder I think that it is the right thing to do. Scrappin Diva moving on did not knock anyone out because there were 3 contestants that had 11 votes, Scrappin Diva, Ischelle and jrzgrl189 and they all moved on.

Since I got the email telling me that three kits might have too many elements and that I missed the emails from Scrappin Diva and Moo I have been very stressed because the last thing that I want to have at SAS is stress. I know that nothing I do is going to make everyone happy (You can make some of the people….) but I gave this a lot of thought and tried to be as fair as possible. Please, just remember that this whole Birthday Bash was pretty complicated to organize and pull off, we all worked hard on it and even with the few glitches we have had I am thrilled with how it has turned out, so thrilled in fact that we are already making plans for next year.
I think that I simplified things in round 3 so just remember to check and double check the requirements and then triple check your kit. Like I said before I do not want a little mistake to cost us a talented designer. Another thing to remember is that SAS should be a haven from stress, the pile of bills on your desk, your nasty boss or the teenagers that are driving you nuts. A place where you can enjoy your craft and where you can grow and learn and share with others. BTW, I know that a lot of you contestants have gotten close so we are going to leave the Contestant forum open to you until the end of the contest, you all started together so you can finish together and continue to support each other, Good luck in the round 3. JulieO

Monika, 20 elements

MoMo 21 elements

Marta 23 elements

Owner - Stone Accents Studio

My Blog
Old 09-19-2008, 02:35 PM
the Studio - Designer

This has cleared alot up actually Julie, my name mistakenly was used instead of Monica's and I have been trying my best to find those extra element in my kit, alas, I wasn't involved at all and I can now completely rely on my eyesight again, LOL, all that stressing for nothing, ok now I should breath, lol

Last edited by Mitsybelle; 09-20-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:38 PM
SAS-y Gem

Default continue to support each other...

"...continue to support each other..."
Right:but not SUPPORT by writing email at Jolie..." telling that three kits might have too many elements"?? Why couldn't this PERSON tell us that we do have too many elements?...
I hope there will be not such problems for the rest of you in the next round. Good luck and don't stress yourselves.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:57 PM
theStudio Designer

It is a bit unnerving to think that there is someone perhaps looking for ways to get the oposition illiminated when this competition has been so friendly from the beginning. Marta please continue with your passion for design, I hope you won't let this upset put you off becoming a store designer.
Many Hugs
Tracy

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer~Creative Team and QC Liason

Old 09-19-2008, 05:01 PM
theStudio Artist

I have to agree, This is a competition yes but we should be happy for whoever wins and not try to get people eliminated by hassling the ladies that have put the contest on for us. Marta you are so right. It could have been easily stated to the people that were eliminated before the voting started so they could possibly fix it. I do hope those that were eliminated find a store that they enjoy selling in. Good luck to everyone that is still in for this next round.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:50 PM

I want to wish everyone the absolute best of luck. This contest is fantastic and whoever is lucky enough to be chosen will be a part of an incredible store and family I do think

I do appreciate that i was in this contest and while thigns happen I am looking forward to entering again

lynn aka designs by moo
Old 09-22-2008, 08:17 PM
SAS-y Gem

Location: Originally from Edinburgh, Scotland - now lving in Pensacola, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambowife View Post
It is a bit unnerving to think that there is someone perhaps looking for ways to get the oposition illiminated when this competition has been so friendly from the beginning. Marta please continue with your passion for design, I hope you won't let this upset put you off becoming a store designer.
Many Hugs
Tracy
I agree, Tracy....how sad that someone is trying to stay in the contest by pointing out "mistakes" in other people's kits. I'm the new kid on the block here, but my first impressions of SAS have been that everyone is very friendly....and I especially think that my fellow contestants have been very supportive of each other, which is just as it should be!

I must add that I don't have time to go and count everyone elses elements....I was too busy designing my kit!!!!

If I go out this round it will be because I didn't deserve more votes...and I will be thrilled to say that I got through to round 3 in my first contest. As far as I'm concerned that's an achievement in itself.

I REALLY do wish everyone good luck with their votes this week....all the kits are amazing!

Old 09-22-2008, 08:24 PM
theStudio Warhol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
If I go out this round it will be because I didn't deserve more votes...and I will be thrilled to say that I got through to round 3 in my first contest. As far as I'm concerned that's an achievement in itself.

I REALLY do wish everyone good luck with their votes this week....all the kits are amazing!
I consider it an achievement to have made it into Round 3 (except for a non-elimination one). Each contest I am doing better. I will make it someday!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:12 PM
theStudio Designer

Lynn I am so glad you have stayed in the contest forum and thank you so much for your continued support of those remaining. Many Hugs
Sweetie!
Tracy

~~ Tracy ~~
Studio Designer~Creative Team and QC Liason

Old 09-23-2008, 12:45 AM
theStudio Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by marta_van_eck View Post
"...continue to support each other..."
Right:but not SUPPORT by writing email at Jolie..." telling that three kits might have too many elements"?? Why couldn't this PERSON tell us that we do have too many elements?...
I hope there will be not such problems for the rest of you in the next round. Good luck and don't stress yourselves.
You are right on that part, that's why i posted in a thread the question what happens if someone had to many parts in the kits, and hoping that the ones that had read that post.