Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 09-20-2008, 10:07 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default SAS Prevents Dementia

ATTENTION ALL GRANDMOTHER DIGISCRAPPERS!
Yes it doesool:
If the literature about slowing down the progress of dementia, by keeping your mind active learning new things ,is true--- well then SAS is the place for you!
Join in the SAS activities & you are guaranteed to stretch your mind & imagination.
Make a LO, then learn to improve your techniques by using Candee's tutorials on SASy scrapping.
Make a mini kit for the MMK challenge. Or just one element.
Make a template.
Make a quickpage.
Join a designer CT & learn to post,post & post.
Make a blinkie.
Participate in the many SASy challenges
Learn some geneology in Jan's forum
Learn how to put a image in your post.

There are so many things to learn at SAS that will blow your imagination away & yes--slow down that dementia which I call SENIOR MOMENTS

Old 09-24-2008, 11:06 AM
theStudio Picasso

Now I am not so sure about this. I just made a LO with the wrong graddaughters name on it & the age was wrong.
I have lots of photos of my grandbabies that I don't know who it is on it or the date. They kinda all look alike when they are infants.Can figure out somethimes by the backgrounds.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:36 PM
theStudio Party Girl

LOL! I've done that with some of the pics of my kids as babies... sometimes I have to look twice to figure out which baby it is! And I have a boy & girl... so there's no excuse for me! LOL! :p
Old 10-01-2008, 01:38 PM
theStudio Picasso

My advise to everyone__take a few minutes & write who & date behind the photos.At least on a few in the same set.This isn't a problem with digital pics on your computer but it is with older pics & printed ones. My cousin is doing a heritage book for the family & is sending old photos to family asking if anyone recognizes people on pic or what date it is.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:26 PM
theStudio Artist

Default Too Late?

LOL!! I had to laugh and, then, comment! I've been all over this site the past 2 months. I've downloaded the DAD collection and read so many posts. I've hesitated to join in as I am rather quiet.

Having downloaded the Blinkie Challenge basics, with intent to try to make a blinkie for this contest, I found I couldn't log in. This is after all the downloading of the DAD goodies. Lo and behold, after sending for my username and password, I had, somehow, overlooked registering!

Talk about dementia! It is true that people need to keep mentally active. Just this morning, on the network news program, I heard a report that now, more than ever, seniors are working well into their old age. The reason was not financial, though. It is to stay mentally alert.

I'm extremely grateful for this site and those of the designers that show thier "pretties" on here. I appologize for my over sight. I want to thank everyone for making my time so enjoyable. I'm only really beginning to learn Photoshop, so, I haven't made too many layouts.

I am registered now. I look forward to continuing with one of the new challenges. My surprise vacation in September halted my plans to try one at that time. I like this site and really do want to be more involved. I will as I go, but, at least, I don't feel like a complete fool! Just a fool who loves the SAS family!! Thank you for this thread! If we couldn't laugh at ourselves, what then?

Hugs and Blessings to All!!

Su
Old 10-01-2008, 05:08 PM
theStudio Party Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joba2 View Post
My advise to everyone__take a few minutes & write who & date behind the photos.At least on a few in the same set.This isn't a problem with digital pics on your computer but it is with older pics & printed ones. My cousin is doing a heritage book for the family & is sending old photos to family asking if anyone recognizes people on pic or what date it is.
I had to do the same thing when I got a huge box of old photos from my mom... I knew who most of them were, but the older ones I didn't have a clue because they had passed before I was born! So, I just e-mailed my family to give me some names! Now I have them all labeled so I don't forget!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:45 PM
theStudio Picasso

Something else I decided to do is to scrap my kids( Days befor digital camera & poor film),myself & even older pics. I have to scan these photos in to computer & fix them.This is alot of work & I don't know the best way to restore photos. I often resort to my newest pics with the digital camera cause they are so convenient & better quality. you know what?_these current pics are being scrapbooked by my children also & probably will be by the grankids.No one is scapping the old 70's photos & earlier.I feel I want to/gotta do this to be a memory keeper & I don't care anymore about how beautiful my LO is or how good the photos are. I wanna get my history preserved. And I will probably be making most multiphoto. It just isn't practical to make single photo Lo's except for exceptional beautiful pics.I guess I am going back to why I originally wanted to digiscrap.Somehow I got caught up in trying to learn new techniques & got away from my purpose.