Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived General > Learning Center and Software Solutions > Tutorials and Links to Good Tutorials

Tutorials and Links to Good Tutorials If have a tutorial or a link to one you would like to share or want to know how to do something, this is the place to post

Old 10-03-2008, 10:29 AM
SAS-y Pebble

Red face Need very beginner tuts for PSPX2

Hey Everyone,
I love all of the tuts on here for PSP, and some have been really really helpful, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any that were very very basic. I have just started playing with PSP X2, and have never really designed anything and really would love to start. So anything ya'll can tell me would be greatly appriciated. Thank yall ahead of time. thanks:p
Old 10-03-2008, 09:04 PM
SAS-y Gem

I use PSPX2 also!! I found some good tuts over at Scrap Girls. They have a page called "Scrap Girls University" and it has some awesome tuts in there specifically for PSP, and many more for digital scrapbooking in general. I've used them and they've helped a bunch. I've been using PSPX2 since February and still learning everything there is to it, but I might be able to help with some questions if you have any

Old 10-04-2008, 05:02 AM
SAS-y Pebble

Default Awsome

I have what is probably a really silly question but, what is the difference between a vector layer and a rastor layer? That would probably help me out alot since I have no idea when to use which. I took a graphic design class in college but that was a couple too many years ago and we only used a program called Quark. Thank you so much for your help
Old 10-04-2008, 10:45 AM
SAS-y Gem

Do you want the textbook answer or the easy answer?? lol
Raster layers "are layers with data composed of individual elements, called pixels, arranged in a grid." These would be the layers created when you add papers and elements. Vector layers "are layers with only vector objects (lines and shapes), vector text, or vector groups....which are composed of geometric characteristics and their locations." PSP will automatically add a vector layer when you use the text tool or the preset shapes tool.

For the most part, I use raster layers. Vector layers will be created when you use the text tool, pen tool, or preset shapes in PSP.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:14 AM
SAS-y Pebble

Default wow

that helps so much. i keep using vector layers and then i cant move anything. thank you so much. I am trying to make a Christmas kit, but I doubt it will be done by Christmas. LOL. I am slowing looking at some tuts and learning through playing with PSP. Thank you so much for answering my question, and I am sure I will have a ton more. Thanks again:p
Old 10-16-2008, 06:47 PM
SAS-y Pebble

Hi, There is also a book called
Picture yourself learning corel paintshop pro x2.
I bought mine at amazon.
Author is- Diane Koers- There is even a digital scrapbooking section in it.

The main difference between vectors and rasters- vectors can be enlarged and resized without distortion- Rasters usually will be jagged when enlarged.

Also check yahoo- there are many free groups that teach.