Go Back   theStudio > Welcome to theStudio! > Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself! New to theStudio? Or been here a while but you've been lurking? Stop here and introduce yourself! Tell us how you got started in digiscraping or what you love about digiscraping - just anything you'd like to say! We'd love to welcome you to our community! Make sure to start a new thread so you don't get lost in a thread that is already there!! ;>)

Old 10-17-2008, 07:55 AM
SAS-y Scrapper

Red face Hi from Essex over the Border

Hi everyone - I'm new to this so hope I've ended up in the right place to post my "newbie" message.
I came to dgital scrapbooking thrugh card making and scarp-booking; I loved the papers I had bought so much I couldn't bear to cur them up - but with digi scrap-booking this isn't a problem and I can make a page any size I want! I started designing my own paper with various grunge type brushes from photo-shop, but didn't have any elements, then discvoered dedicated digi s.b. sight - fantastic!!!!!
I love digi-art of any kind, photography, messing about with paper and rubber stamping. working full time I don't have much chance to play with "real paper" as I make such a mess so an hour or so on the computer stops me having withdrawal symptoms.
I like to take photos of my pussie-case, flora,friends and my very best friend - my husband, and try to amalgamate 2 images of us together or auto-photos as otherwise we'd never be in a photograph together!.
I also love taking photos for the country and seaside - especially around Southwold - flowers and nature of any kind. I think I'd have loved to be a professional portrait photographer "with a twist" manipulating the photographs to put people in historical / fantasy clothes or settings. Digi s.b. allow me to convey a real "atmosphere" to go with my photo, whether its rich, fun, flirty etc.
I'd really love to know how to go about making a kit with elements, overlays and word-art etc. as I've had so much pleasure from other people's dedication I'd love to give somthing back, so any guidance would be really welcome.
Anyhow, I've rambled on a bit too long probably, and bored you to bits!
Thanks for reading
x
elsareth
Old 10-17-2008, 10:51 AM
theStudio Monet

Welcome to SAS, elsareth - you found one of the friendliest and most helpful digi-sites on the web! Looking forward to getting to know you better. Take a look at some of our fun challenges, too, where you can collect free posting bonuses.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:18 PM
theStudio Picasso

Hi Elisareth, welcome to SAS. I agree with you. Digital has changed my scrapping style so much. I hated "wasting" papers by cutting them up, so my paper layouts used to be so spare. Now I've found my scrapping style to be more Victorian, the more cluttered the better, lol.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:33 PM
theStudio Picasso

Welcome to SAS elsareth! I think you've found your way to the correct digi-scrapping site; I'm sure you'll love it here! I'm not a designer myself so I can't help you with tips on that but I'm sure there are others here that can point you in the right direction.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:47 PM
theStudio Monet