Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived General > Learning Center and Software Solutions > Critique Corner

Critique Corner Post links to your layouts that you want honest constructive criticism on.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:33 AM
SAS-y Pebble

Default A little (or a lot) of help, please.

Heritage is my area of special interest, so, I entered a LO in the Heritage Challenge last month. It fell far short of the other entries submitted and I'd like to improve upon it. Here's the original LO:
http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.c...64&ppuser=4948

I found Candee's excellent tut about drop shadows in the "Creating SAS-y Layouts" forum and I've attempted to add some to my LO. Here's the revised version:
http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.c...99&ppuser=4948

Am I on the right track? What further improvements could I make?

Thanks for looking, JH
Old 11-13-2008, 03:07 PM
theStudio Picasso

What a difference! I don't do much heritage scrapping, or more accurately any heritage scrapping. It's something I'm hoping to start doing next month when my grandparents come for a month-long visit. I'll have Grandma in one place so I can get her to actually tell me who and what is going on in the family photos. I love the layout and thing the shadows really made things pop. Maybe someone who does more Heritage Scrapping might have more recommendations, but I think it looks great!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:45 AM
the Studio - Designer

I for one think your second layout is wonderful .... you first one was great but I'm sure you can see that you have added depth to your original layout which is making it look 'real' .... great job