Go Back   theStudio > ARCHIVES > Archived Challenges and Contests > Archived Monthly Challenges > Inspiration Challenge

Inspiration Challenge Our monthly inspiration challenge hosted by one SAS Designer, Sherah of SKrapperDigitals. The layouts for this challenge can be found and uploaded to The SAS-y Inspiration Gallery

Old 11-03-2008, 05:41 PM
theStudio Designer

Smile Inspiration Challenge November 2008

Hi Everyone! :-) This is my first time hosting this challenge and Stella and Pillowgirl sure are hard acts to follow so I hope I'm doing this right LOL :-)

The challenge that I used to host was the Quote challenge and I'm sure you'll soon understand why because even with this one I'm using inspirational quotes and some of my favorite Bible passages on an inspirational theme.
the inspirational theme for this month is:

Patience.

I decided on this theme mainly because I feel that patience is something God is working on with me personaly :-) For example: We have are trying to dig a trench up to my mother and father in laws cabin on a farm we have and we are running into nearly every imaginable obstacle. The trench is to be nearly 1800 feet long and 24 inches deep and we've run into so many problems with it that at some points i've been at the edge of tears. We've rented and borrowed 3 machines, two of which had to be taken in for repair the dirt has been consistently falling back into the trenches so that my husband and i are lying on our stomachs digging it out with empty soup cans old kitchen ladles anything that would fit in the 5 inch wide trench (since so we cant get a shovel in them and the water lines have to be installed below the frostline so they don't freeze.) and now we are running into alot of bedrock so at the very least it is frustrating work.

In the midst of it all I really feel like we'll get it done and God will make a way where there seems to be no way. :-) I've selected a few Bible passages here and also some quotes on patience from other sources as well. My hope is that you will select one that you particularly like and use it to either bless someone else by scrapping a page honoring them for this trait that they so beautifully show or as an inspirational gift for someone in your life! Sound like fun? yayyy!! i thought so!! so lets get started!

Here are the selections:

"A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly." - Proverbs 14:29

"A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense." - Proverbs 19:11

"The end of a matter is better than its beginning; Patience of spirit is better than haughtiness of spirit. Do not be eager in your heart to be angry, For anger resides in the bosom of fools." - Ecclesiastes 7:8-9

"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant; Love does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." - Galatians 5:22-23

"And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father." - Colossians 1:10-12

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." - Colossians 3:12-13

"We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone." - 1 Thessalonians 5:14

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. " James 1:2-4

..." We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverence; perseverence, character, and character, hope." Romans 5:3-4

“Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience.” -Anonymous

“Patience and fortitude conquer all things”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

“All good things come to he who waits”
-Proverb

“Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.”
-Barbara Johnson

For completing this challenge, here is your prize!

I can't wait to see what you come up with! :-)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Old 11-04-2008, 03:12 AM
theStudio Picasso

Looks like I'm the first one to post a layout! Wow!! I did a little bit of a twist on this one. Patience to NOT ????? be mischief makers for a moment when the looks on their faces says they are ready to go!!

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.c...1&limit=recent
Old 11-06-2008, 03:58 PM
theStudio Artist

When I read through the choices I knew I had to use the Love is patient bible verse. That is one of my favorite verses and I used it in my wedding ceremony. I would have scrapped my own wedding but I don't have any pics in the computer. Some day I will dig those all out of that professional album and scan them... but not today. LOL.

This is a layout of my brother's wedding. They had a fantastic photographer for the wedding and he did this wonderful artsy shot. This layout was a stretch for me to do in black and white because I love color, lots and lots of color. I'm not sure if I really like it or not but it's always good to try something new. The layout lost some of its pop when I converted to JPEG and uploaded it. I'm not used to black and white and it seems flat in the gallery. I'm sure it's got something to do with compressing all those grey pixels together. Anyway, it looks cool on my computer and I can't wait to send it to my SIL. Thank you for the wonderful challenge. I can't wait to get that beautiful prize.

Candy
Old 11-14-2008, 08:19 AM
theStudio Warhol

Location: In the Berkshires, with my wonderful Husband and THE PRINCESS, our last child in the nest.
Default Inspiration Challenge

Here's my entry: "Chill Out, Dude"

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.c...7653&nocache=1
Old 11-20-2008, 04:06 AM
theStudio Artist

What pretties those are! I made a LO with Stella's Country Girl Add-On.

You can see it here:

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.c...0&limit=recent

I'm starting to like this! LOL

Su
Old 11-23-2008, 07:05 PM
SAS-y Pebble

Here is mine.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:37 AM
theStudio Artist

Post November Challenge

I have posted my Inspiration layout here:

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.c...8410&nocache=1

It's a very quiet normal day here in Holland, no Thanksgiving dinner to cook (or eat - darn it! ), no Black Friday shopping to do and no football games to watch.:p I miss all of that - but would not change for home here for any other place on earth.

So enjoy your turkey, your shopping and your football - but most of all - enjoy your families.

I am as old as I need to be for my age,
As heavy as I need to be for my weight,
As tall as I need to be for my height,
And wherever I go...there I am.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:07 PM
SAS-y Pearl

Here's mine: Great Endurance
Old 11-28-2008, 11:44 PM
SAS-y Gem

Default My LO

I LOVE Emerson! I am always finding gems of wisdom from him... so I chose that quote. Thank you for a great topic!

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.c...hp?photo=28530
Old 11-29-2008, 11:37 PM
SAS-y Gem

Default Patience

Here is my Layout: