Go Back   theStudio > Designer & Member Giveaways > Member Giveaways

Member Giveaways If you have something to share post it here. For help in adding attachments and previews check the FAQs for explanations. If you can’t find the answer there please contact me. Toiny

Old 08-27-2007, 03:46 PM
SAS-y Pebble

Default Anyone like lace?

Hi, I'm a new member here and I wanted to let you all know that there are a ton of lace freebies on my site--here's the link to my scrapbooking index page:
http://www.woolsweaterstreet.com/scr...ing/index.html

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom, you'll find the free sections, including 10 pages of lace freebies (free for personal use only)! There's a free Photoshop tut, and a load of free embroidery elements, too. I also have some freebies, including 2 pages of frames and 3 pages of high-resolution masks, at this link:
http://www.woolsweaterstreet.com/freebies/index.html

I also added a blog to my site recently and there are a few freebies in with my intro post:
http://woolsweaterstreet.com/blog/
(More to come soon!)

Hope you enjoy these!

Hugs,
Karen Stimson
Designer
Wool Sweater Street
www.woolsweaterstreet.com
Old 08-27-2007, 03:56 PM
SAS-y Pearl

hi Karen

welcome here
thank you for offering so many freebies,
but we are very curoius here
and want to know more of you
have a good time and a lot of fun here
Old 08-27-2007, 04:33 PM
theStudio Picasso

Hi Karen,

Welcome to Stone Accents Studios. I hope you enjoy it here.

Thank you for offering your freebie to our members. In the future, would you mind putting it in the Member's Giveaways? This forum is for the SAS-y Designers and the rest of us put our stuff in the Member's section. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:03 PM
SAS-y Pearl

Oh I saw some other actions I liked on your site and am bummed because I use PS7, but your freebies are grrreat. *wandering off wishing she had a better computer and PS CS2 hehe*

Now that I think of it, I don't see the lace freebies but I see other things for free? Am I lost?

Last edited by Pillowgirl; 08-27-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:10 AM
SAS-y Pebble

Default Thanks for the lace freebies!

Wow! I'm am just awed at what you have done. You have a great web site and are very generous to share your lace and embroidered pieces with us all. Thanks!

>>>Creative Genealogy Blog
>>Creative Gene Blog
>Polish Ancestry Web Site
Old 08-28-2007, 09:56 AM
SAS-y Pearl

WOW~! Those are gorgeous! I love what you have done. I love making lace out thread - so these freebies are perfect for me! Can't wait to use them. Thanks so much for sharing!
Check out my blog!

Old 08-28-2007, 10:17 AM
theStudio Artist

Thanks for the freebies! They are really awesome!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:20 AM
SAS-y Pebble

Thank you Karen! The lace is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Avatar from artwork by Stacy Flum for Pendragon Costumes, used courtesy of Nicole at Pendragon. (If anyone knows Stacy or has contact details for her, please let me know!)
Old 08-30-2007, 10:34 AM
theStudio Artist

thanks for all of the lovely laces!!!!

Mary Ellen
My Gallery
Old 08-30-2007, 10:56 AM
SAS-y Scrapper

Default Thank You so much

A big wedding coming up in November......... and nothing better for a wedding than lace. I am so impressed with the variety of styles you are offering for free...... You are so talented and generous. Good luck and I hope to see more of you. I'm definitely going to get your brush set.....
Old 08-30-2007, 01:07 PM
theStudio Scribbler

Oh Karen, your lace is wonderful, I loved it all, especially the letters, wonderful. Any suggestions on how we can add the lower case as you have shown in your sample. Is it just plain lettering or is there something special we have to do?
Thanks again for all the wonderful freebies, I will be visiting often.
Hugs, Lisa
Old 08-30-2007, 01:45 PM
theStudio Artist

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful designs. The lace is lovely.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:17 PM
SAS-y Scrapper

WOW! These are awesome. Thanks so much for sharing. Loved how you put the wings on your beloved cat and had him with the other kitties.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:03 AM
SAS-y Pebble

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighty View Post
hi Karen

welcome here
thank you for offering so many freebies,
but we are very curoius here
and want to know more of you
have a good time and a lot of fun here
Thanks for the welcome! I'm not very used to forums, so I hope you will all bear with me. I have a Yahoo graphics group and am more used to that format. I tend to get confused with this type of format (having lots of senior moments ;-)). Don't know what you'd like to know about me...I used to have a mail order boutique of custom clothing that I designed. I taught myself everything I know about art and design, and when my boutique closed (I became increasingly disabled and couldn't do all the drafting, cutting and sewin any more) I got involved with computers. I discovered Photoshop around version 4 and have been with it ever since. I'm by no means an expert but enjoy discovering new ways to use it. I started doing scrapbooking designs about a year ago and began selling my designs around the holidays. I live in Southern Connecticut, USA, with my husband of 21 years and our 10 cats, all rescued from the street (can you tell I'm an animal lover? my hubby and I also take care of a colony of feral cats in a nearby city). I'm nearly 59. Does that help?

Hugs,
Karen
Old 09-01-2007, 02:06 AM
SAS-y Pebble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori11941 View Post
Hi Karen,

Thank you for offering your freebie to our members. In the future, would you mind putting it in the Member's Giveaways? This forum is for the SAS-y Designers and the rest of us put our stuff in the Member's section. Thanks.
Oh, I'm so sorry! As I said in my previous reply, I'm really new to this type of forum. A friend of mine who is one of the mods of my Yahoo group (and who introduced me to scrapbooking design) gave me a link to this lovely place and suggested I post some of my freebies. I will hereafter post them in the Members' section. Thanks for letting me know!!!

Hugs,
Karen
Old 09-01-2007, 02:12 AM
SAS-y Pebble

[QUOTE=Lori11941;3393]Hi Karen,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillowgirl View Post
Oh I saw some other actions I liked on your site and am bummed because I use PS7, but your freebies are grrreat. *wandering off wishing she had a better computer and PS CS2 hehe*

Now that I think of it, I don't see the lace freebies but I see other things for free? Am I lost?
Would you contact me privately (I know there's a way for me to do that but can't figure it out right now) and I'll see if we can work something out re PS 7 and my actions. Re the lace freebies, here is the direct link to the index page:
http://www.woolsweaterstreet.com/scr...ace/index.html
Just click on each element to go to the page where you can download the freebies in that category.

Hope this helps--

Hugs,
Karen
Old 09-01-2007, 02:58 AM
SAS-y Pebble

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAL View Post
Oh Karen, your lace is wonderful, I loved it all, especially the letters, wonderful. Any suggestions on how we can add the lower case as you have shown in your sample. Is it just plain lettering or is there something special we have to do?
Thanks again for all the wonderful freebies, I will be visiting often.
Hugs, Lisa
Lisa, thanks for the idea! At your suggestion, I did up a set of lowercase lace letters the same font (TK Doodle) and size as the uppercase lace alpha. I just added a link for the file to my lace alpha index page:
http://www.woolsweaterstreet.com/scr...ace/alpha.html

That font doesn't have any numbers and only very limited punctuation (question and exclamation marks) so it's a very bare bones alpha, but I hope you find it useful! You will also need to cut each letter out, as there are two pngs, each with half the alphabet on them. I will be adding a lesson on creating lace text to my Series I Lace Lessons which are on my scrapbooking idex page, but that is a different kind of lace.

Hope this helps!

Hugs,
Karen
Old 09-01-2007, 03:01 AM
SAS-y Pebble

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonimarony View Post
WOW! These are awesome. Thanks so much for sharing. Loved how you put the wings on your beloved cat and had him with the other kitties.
Thanks, jonimaroney! Wally Wu was my heart and soul, the first cat who adopted me and turned me into a cat lover fur-ever. I have a memorial site for him at www.angelwally.com, and will always be grateful for the 14 years he shared with me!

Hugs,
Karen
Old 09-01-2007, 03:03 AM
SAS-y Pebble

Just another quick note of appreciation to everyone who thanked me for sharing my lace. You are all most kind! I'll try to come back as often as I can--

Big hugs,
Karen
Old 09-01-2007, 01:04 PM
theStudio CT

Thank you so much for all your beautiful lace and embroidery. I love it all and I am sure I will find lots of uses for them.