Go Back   theStudio > Just for FUN! > General Chatter

General Chatter If you have something to say this would be the place to do it. Post anything you want here and if I get enough of a certain subject I will set up a forum for it, Thanks, Toiny

Old 02-13-2009, 12:29 PM
theStudio Picasso

Default I need some printer advice

I've been a faithful Epson user over the years. My first printer didn't even have a style number, it was that long ago. But every one of my printers seems short-lived, so I'm thinking about changing brands.

I really like the print to the edge ability of Epson. I was thinking about a Canon PIXMA MP610 All-in-One, but don't see that feature in the specs.

Does anyone have a suggestion?
Old 02-13-2009, 03:19 PM
theStudio Artist

I have used an HP photosmart printer for several years. It does borderless printing and also reads the memory card when my computer gets cranky. The print quality is very good. The only thing I don't like about it is the cost of ink cartridges, but that would probably apply to any printer.

The only other brand printer that I've had any experience with was Epson, and it was not a good experience.

If you want to take a look at the Photosmart and compare the different models, here is the link:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...me=storefronts
Old 02-14-2009, 07:18 PM
theStudio Picasso

I'm trying to resist an HP because I've grown accumtomed to buying generic ink (and I'm totally satisfied with the quality and about 1/4 to 1/3 the price).
But I may have to give in.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:56 PM
theStudio Designer

I'm not sure what you're usually printing; photos or scrapbook pages, but have you considered ordering on-line? Depending on the options in your area of course. I find that it's a lot cheaper to have photos printed and Staples or Business Depot or Costco has very good prices on full page prints (like a scrapbook page).
I barely use my printer anymore unless I need something "yesterday".
I live in Ontario so I'm not sure what would be available in your area.
(as far as printer choices I wouldn't know what to suggest :p)
Old 02-25-2009, 07:46 AM
theStudio Party Girl

I used a Lexmark All-in-One thingy and was very pleased with it! It did borderless printing... Then we decided we needed another printer, one for upstairs & one for down, so we got a Canon MP210 All-In-One... I'm not sure about the borderless, I've never tried with the Canon, but the SCAN quality compared to the Lexmark is UNBELIEVABLY better!! I had an HP Photosmart printer that bit the bullet within 6 months!! I just figured it was because it was a cheap model (we needed a printer FAST! lol ) I don't really care for HP products (as I sit here typing on my Compaq laptop! ) I've had lots of family & friends be disappointed in HP products!